Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2004, 10:07 am
Razaan Khoja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a little help here. I bought the factory alarm for the 2001
Prelude SE. I've installed it, but their was one problem. In one of the
steps, they mention about a 2 ping and a 3 pin connector lying loose near
the fuse box. I have been able to find the 3 pin connector but not the two
pin. The alarm works, but it does not lock or unlock the doors. My
original keyless entry remote still works though. I suspect this 2 pin
harness handles the door locks. Does anybody have any ideas where it could
be? I have looked everywhere.

Thanks

Razaan


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2004, 12:05 am
Randolph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE

>
> I suspect this 2 pin
> harness handles the door locks. Does anybody have any ideas where it could
> be? I have looked everywhere.


I think you are right. I have done keyless entry on two Hondas (one
Civic, one Accord) On the Civic the relevant wire colors were GRN/WHT
for lock and GRN/RED for unlock. If the keyless entry that was in the
car was an after-market system, look for BLU and GRN wires coming from
the receiver unit and mating with the factory wire harness.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2004, 06:14 pm
Razaan Khoja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE

Thanks for the advice. The colour of the wires on the harness is RED/WHITE
and GREEN/YELLOW. I'll take another look when I get some time.
"Randolph" <trash@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:401DE908.EB12D951@junkmail.com...
> >
> > I suspect this 2 pin
> > harness handles the door locks. Does anybody have any ideas where it

could
> > be? I have looked everywhere.

>
> I think you are right. I have done keyless entry on two Hondas (one
> Civic, one Accord) On the Civic the relevant wire colors were GRN/WHT
> for lock and GRN/RED for unlock. If the keyless entry that was in the
> car was an after-market system, look for BLU and GRN wires coming from
> the receiver unit and mating with the factory wire harness.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2004, 06:19 pm
J.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE- 99 Lude Electrical Manual Info

My 99 Prelude Electrical Manual shows the unused (until connected to the
Security System) 2 pin connector #C407. The picture caption is "Left Kick
Panel, Right of Fuse Box" and the left foot rest is clearly visible behind
it. This 2 pin connector parallels the Unlock/Lock wires from the Keyless
Receiver Unit, so that's why your remote still works. The manual shows
these wires as Grn/Orn (pin 1) and Red/Wht (pin 2).

Apparently the security system was standard for Canadian 99 ludes (hence the
above wires to the security system module did not have this intermediate
connector). The US version was optional, and did have this intermediate
connector.

btw, the keyless receiver unit is tucked against the left rear quarter
panel, apparently near the rear seatbelt lower anchor point. Hopefully
you'll never have to go that far to find your connection.

Hope this helps with your '01.



Razaan Khoja <rkhoja@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:Su9Tb.88945$9Ce1.23298@news04.bloor.is.net.ca ble.rogers.com...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm looking for a little help here. I bought the factory alarm for the

2001
> Prelude SE. I've installed it, but their was one problem. In one of the
> steps, they mention about a 2 ping and a 3 pin connector lying loose near
> the fuse box. I have been able to find the 3 pin connector but not the

two
> pin. The alarm works, but it does not lock or unlock the doors. My
> original keyless entry remote still works though. I suspect this 2 pin
> harness handles the door locks. Does anybody have any ideas where it

could
> be? I have looked everywhere.
>
> Thanks
>
> Razaan
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2004, 07:46 pm
Razaan Khoja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE- 99 Lude Electrical Manual Info

Thanks for the response J. This helps a lot, and probably explains why I
can't find the connector. Does the manual you have show what the security
harness for Canadian Model would look like? Their is an orange bullet style
connector lying loose near the 3 pin connector The only other thing I can
think of doing is splicing into the existing wires that are near the fuse
box. Would it be as simple as finding the same colour wires and splicing
into them and connecting them together?
"J." <J@nobody.com> wrote in message
news:SNednYs59NzedIPdRVn-uw@comcast.com...
> My 99 Prelude Electrical Manual shows the unused (until connected to the
> Security System) 2 pin connector #C407. The picture caption is "Left Kick
> Panel, Right of Fuse Box" and the left foot rest is clearly visible behind
> it. This 2 pin connector parallels the Unlock/Lock wires from the Keyless
> Receiver Unit, so that's why your remote still works. The manual shows
> these wires as Grn/Orn (pin 1) and Red/Wht (pin 2).
>
> Apparently the security system was standard for Canadian 99 ludes (hence

the
> above wires to the security system module did not have this intermediate
> connector). The US version was optional, and did have this intermediate
> connector.
>
> btw, the keyless receiver unit is tucked against the left rear quarter
> panel, apparently near the rear seatbelt lower anchor point. Hopefully
> you'll never have to go that far to find your connection.
>
> Hope this helps with your '01.
>
>
>
> Razaan Khoja <rkhoja@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:Su9Tb.88945$9Ce1.23298@news04.bloor.is.net.ca ble.rogers.com...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I'm looking for a little help here. I bought the factory alarm for the

> 2001
> > Prelude SE. I've installed it, but their was one problem. In one of

the
> > steps, they mention about a 2 ping and a 3 pin connector lying loose

near
> > the fuse box. I have been able to find the 3 pin connector but not the

> two
> > pin. The alarm works, but it does not lock or unlock the doors. My
> > original keyless entry remote still works though. I suspect this 2 pin
> > harness handles the door locks. Does anybody have any ideas where it

> could
> > be? I have looked everywhere.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Razaan
> >
> >

>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2004, 12:46 pm
J.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Factory Alarm Install 01 Prelude SE- 99 Lude Electrical Manual Info

Hi,

Sent 5 jpgs from my manual to your e-mail address. Hope ~500KB doesn't kill
your IN box. I'm still not sure if the '99 diagrams will help, but I
included the Canadian (factory installed) and US (optional) versions - so
take your pick.

J.

Razaan Khoja <rkhoja@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:l4DTb.100103$ef.40286@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.com...
> Thanks for the response J. This helps a lot, and probably explains why I
> can't find the connector. Does the manual you have show what the security
> harness for Canadian Model would look like? Their is an orange bullet

style
> connector lying loose near the 3 pin connector The only other thing I can
> think of doing is splicing into the existing wires that are near the fuse
> box. Would it be as simple as finding the same colour wires and splicing
> into them and connecting them together?
> "J."


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need factory Alarm for Civic EX '98 armando Honda 3 0 27 Mar 2005 07:02 pm
Car Alarm install for 94 Accord Al Honda 2 6 15 Jan 2005 07:14 am
Factory alarm install on a 2001 Prelude SE Razaan Khoja Honda 3 0 01 Feb 2004 10:08 am
Factory alarm install on a 2001 prelude SE Razaan Khoja Honda 1 0 01 Feb 2004 10:08 am
Factory Car Alarm/Security vs. After-market?? yvrwfc Honda 3 3 29 Oct 2003 07:13 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.