Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 02:20 pm
Doobie-Doo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

Hi all,

I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda Civic
Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone knows
if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).

Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof and CD
player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in Canada
has different features than the ones sold in the states?

Thanks,

D


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:14 pm
Forest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400

"Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda Civic
> Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone knows
> if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
>
> Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof and

CD
> player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in

Canada
> has different features than the ones sold in the states?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 06:18 pm
Doobie-Doo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

Where at??

"Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
news:SKbub.6890$Wy4.1867@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400
>
> "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda

Civic
> > Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone

knows
> > if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> >
> > Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof

and
> CD
> > player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in

> Canada
> > has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > D
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 06:30 pm
Doobie-Doo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

Oh, and the one I'm looking at has power windows, power locks, power
steering, and cruise.

D

"Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
news:SKbub.6890$Wy4.1867@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400
>
> "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda

Civic
> > Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone

knows
> > if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> >
> > Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof

and
> CD
> > player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in

> Canada
> > has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > D
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 07:11 pm
Forest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

Muller Toyota, Hunterdon County NJ

"Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
news:hHcub.416199$6C4.250686@pd7tw1no...
> Where at??
>
> "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> news:SKbub.6890$Wy4.1867@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> > I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400
> >
> > "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> > news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda

> Civic
> > > Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone

> knows
> > > if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> > >
> > > Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof

> and
> > CD
> > > player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in

> > Canada
> > > has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > D
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 07:53 pm
Doobie-Doo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

So that's an US EX and US funds?

D

"Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
news:Usdub.7075$Wy4.5950@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> Muller Toyota, Hunterdon County NJ
>
> "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> news:hHcub.416199$6C4.250686@pd7tw1no...
> > Where at??
> >
> > "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> > news:SKbub.6890$Wy4.1867@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> > > I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400
> > >
> > > "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> > > news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> > > > Hi all,
> > > >
> > > > I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda

> > Civic
> > > > Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone

> > knows
> > > > if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> > > >
> > > > Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a

moonroof
> > and
> > > CD
> > > > player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in
> > > Canada
> > > > has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > D
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:52 pm
Forest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

DX

"Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
news:Z3eub.417127$6C4.67769@pd7tw1no...
> So that's an US EX and US funds?
>
> D
>
> "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> news:Usdub.7075$Wy4.5950@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> > Muller Toyota, Hunterdon County NJ
> >
> > "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> > news:hHcub.416199$6C4.250686@pd7tw1no...
> > > Where at??
> > >
> > > "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> > > news:SKbub.6890$Wy4.1867@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> > > > I just bought a 2000 Civic sedan 77,000 miles for $8,400
> > > >
> > > > "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no...
> > > > > Hi all,
> > > > >
> > > > > I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999

Honda
> > > Civic
> > > > > Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if

anyone
> > > knows
> > > > > if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a

> moonroof
> > > and
> > > > CD
> > > > > player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold

in
> > > > Canada
> > > > > has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > >
> > > > > D
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 17 Nov 2003, 10:11 pm
Bill B. Johnson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

In article <7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no>, "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda Civic
> Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone knows
> if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
>
> Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof and CD
> player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in Canada
> has different features than the ones sold in the states?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D


Sounds high to me. Seems to be lots of miles on it--however--I could be
wrong since I don't know how to convert Km to miles. Try some other
dealers.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 18 Nov 2003, 10:47 am
Nick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

The EX model in Canada looks like it is the equivalent of the LX model
in the US. From looking at Honda's site it looks like they got rid of
the EX trim and replaced it with Si.

Nick

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:11:01 -0800, billbjohnson555@nospamhotmail.com
(Bill B. Johnson) wrote:

>In article <7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no>, "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda Civic
>> Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone knows
>> if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
>>
>> Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof and CD
>> player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in Canada
>> has different features than the ones sold in the states?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> D

>
>Sounds high to me. Seems to be lots of miles on it--however--I could be
>wrong since I don't know how to convert Km to miles. Try some other
>dealers.



Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 23 Nov 2003, 05:40 pm
Chris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Sedan EX a good buy?

Hey Doobie,
I'm in central Canada, and just bought a 2000 Civic CX hatchback with 49 000
kms for $10 900 CDN, mint condition. Most people that have seen it think I
bought it new.
It has AT, factory AM/FM/CD, & tinted windows. It is fairly bare-bones
(which is what we were looking for as a second car).
From my shopping around, I would think you can do better than settling for a
Civic with that high of kms for $11 000. I saw many with under 80 000 kms
for that price (or less).
-chris

"Nick" <npolite@NOSPAMMONKEYS.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:9efkrv078f17spfaokgrvnjslorlll3i3q@4ax.com...
> The EX model in Canada looks like it is the equivalent of the LX model
> in the US. From looking at Honda's site it looks like they got rid of
> the EX trim and replaced it with Si.
>
> Nick
>
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:11:01 -0800, billbjohnson555@nospamhotmail.com
> (Bill B. Johnson) wrote:
>
> >In article <7c9ub.414162$6C4.378266@pd7tw1no>, "Doobie-Doo" <None@no.com>

wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I was looking at a dealership for a used car and I saw a 1999 Honda

Civic
> >> Sedan EX with 135,000 Km for $11,000 CDN. I was wondering if anyone

knows
> >> if this is a decent price (if it's mechanically sound).
> >>
> >> Also, I did some research online and found that the EX has a moonroof

and CD
> >> player, while this one does not. Could it be because the EX sold in

Canada
> >> has different features than the ones sold in the states?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> D

> >
> >Sounds high to me. Seems to be lots of miles on it--however--I could be
> >wrong since I don't know how to convert Km to miles. Try some other
> >dealers.

>
>
> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.usenet.com



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda civic 2006 sedan waxwabbit Honda 2 7 02 Sep 2006 10:43 am
2006 Honda Civic Sedan twfsa Honda 2 2 10 Nov 2005 05:32 pm
Honda Civic Sedan DX miller Honda 2 0 17 Aug 2005 09:00 am
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 2 14 25 Jan 2005 01:45 am
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 3 13 20 Jan 2005 01:14 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.