Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Nov 2003, 05:57 pm
Forest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 Civic

Howdy, just wondering on my recently purchased 2000 Civic 4 door sedan
77,000
miles, dealer put new Dunlop SP20FE P185 65R14 tires on it. They seem a bit
thin so I was wondering if the rims will take a larger/wider tire, not low
profile ones? Also, I'm assuming there is a hidden antennae with an
amplifier as the radio reception is quite good? Oh, another thing, I
noticed that it's fairly easy to spin the tires from a stop, my concern is
how this car will do in the snow? Seems fairly light.

Thanks...


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:01 am
7th GenCivic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Civic

P185/65R14 are OE equipment for that car. You have to observe clearance in
the wheel well if you want to go wider. Also it will penalize your fuel
economy a bit, it you care.

On the newer Civics the antenna is built into the Rear window above the
defroster.

The factory Firstones on my 2002 civic were crap in the winter. Bought 4
snow tires and now I have peace of mind. I would recommend the same as the
car is fairly light.

Good Luck


"Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
news:8wArb.20496$9M3.19680@newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net...
> Howdy, just wondering on my recently purchased 2000 Civic 4 door sedan
> 77,000
> miles, dealer put new Dunlop SP20FE P185 65R14 tires on it. They seem a

bit
> thin so I was wondering if the rims will take a larger/wider tire, not low
> profile ones? Also, I'm assuming there is a hidden antennae with an
> amplifier as the radio reception is quite good? Oh, another thing, I
> noticed that it's fairly easy to spin the tires from a stop, my concern is
> how this car will do in the snow? Seems fairly light.
>
> Thanks...
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:53 pm
Greg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Civic

I have a 99 civic coupe and I put 195-60 r14's on with no problem. It does
change the speedo a bit, but not much. If it says I am going 100 i am
really only going about 99 (not that big of a deal). I got some BF Goodrich
Touring T/A's from Sam's club. They are H rated and were only $55 each.
on the coupes the antenna is over the passenger side door, but on the sedans
the antenna is built into the back window.

Greg

"7th GenCivic" <wongw6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:mLNrb.2853$fB3.265320@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> P185/65R14 are OE equipment for that car. You have to observe clearance

in
> the wheel well if you want to go wider. Also it will penalize your fuel
> economy a bit, it you care.
>
> On the newer Civics the antenna is built into the Rear window above the
> defroster.
>
> The factory Firstones on my 2002 civic were crap in the winter. Bought 4
> snow tires and now I have peace of mind. I would recommend the same as the
> car is fairly light.
>
> Good Luck
>
>
> "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> news:8wArb.20496$9M3.19680@newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net...
> > Howdy, just wondering on my recently purchased 2000 Civic 4 door sedan
> > 77,000
> > miles, dealer put new Dunlop SP20FE P185 65R14 tires on it. They seem a

> bit
> > thin so I was wondering if the rims will take a larger/wider tire, not

low
> > profile ones? Also, I'm assuming there is a hidden antennae with an
> > amplifier as the radio reception is quite good? Oh, another thing, I
> > noticed that it's fairly easy to spin the tires from a stop, my concern

is
> > how this car will do in the snow? Seems fairly light.
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Nov 2003, 02:54 pm
Forest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Civic

Thanks all...

"Greg" <toft@zoomtown.com> wrote in message
news:3fafdeaa$0$60812$a04e5680@nnrp.fuse.net...
> I have a 99 civic coupe and I put 195-60 r14's on with no problem. It

does
> change the speedo a bit, but not much. If it says I am going 100 i am
> really only going about 99 (not that big of a deal). I got some BF

Goodrich
> Touring T/A's from Sam's club. They are H rated and were only $55 each.
> on the coupes the antenna is over the passenger side door, but on the

sedans
> the antenna is built into the back window.
>
> Greg
>
> "7th GenCivic" <wongw6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mLNrb.2853$fB3.265320@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> > P185/65R14 are OE equipment for that car. You have to observe clearance

> in
> > the wheel well if you want to go wider. Also it will penalize your fuel
> > economy a bit, it you care.
> >
> > On the newer Civics the antenna is built into the Rear window above the
> > defroster.
> >
> > The factory Firstones on my 2002 civic were crap in the winter. Bought 4
> > snow tires and now I have peace of mind. I would recommend the same as

the
> > car is fairly light.
> >
> > Good Luck
> >
> >
> > "Forest" <forest@myhome.com> wrote in message
> > news:8wArb.20496$9M3.19680@newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net...
> > > Howdy, just wondering on my recently purchased 2000 Civic 4 door sedan
> > > 77,000
> > > miles, dealer put new Dunlop SP20FE P185 65R14 tires on it. They seem

a
> > bit
> > > thin so I was wondering if the rims will take a larger/wider tire, not

> low
> > > profile ones? Also, I'm assuming there is a hidden antennae with an
> > > amplifier as the radio reception is quite good? Oh, another thing, I
> > > noticed that it's fairly easy to spin the tires from a stop, my

concern
> is
> > > how this car will do in the snow? Seems fairly light.
> > >
> > > Thanks...
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling a 2000 Civic Hatchback (black) with a 2000 B16A2 engine Prigoci, Andrei Honda 2 0 16 Aug 2005 10:39 am
buying 97 Civic EX with 2000 Civic engine? DentedCivic Honda 2 2 11 Jun 2005 10:35 pm
2000 Civic Stereo in 1987 Civic Lennon Honda 2 2 11 Jun 2004 08:50 pm
1997 honda civic/ 2000 Civic CD radio Art Honda 3 0 26 Nov 2003 06:23 am
2000 Civic Forest Honda 3 11 12 Nov 2003 07:11 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.