Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 07:23 am
boe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Does it have
AM/FM along with XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio). Do you have to
call to cancel the subscription?

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 07:44 am
Dick Watson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

AM/FM? Yes. Call to cancel? Not paying the bill would probably work too.
More on XM at http://www.xmradio.com. Note that Clear Channel and Honda
(among others) are big shareholders.

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MKgbb.534347$Ho3.90398@sccrnsc03...
> Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Does it have
> AM/FM along with XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio). Do you have

to
> call to cancel the subscription?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 07:54 am
boe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

Thanks, Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Is the
AM/FM a seperate unit from the XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio).

Thanks

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:P2hbb.922$gR1.57@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink .net...
> AM/FM? Yes. Call to cancel? Not paying the bill would probably work too.
> More on XM at http://www.xmradio.com. Note that Clear Channel and Honda
> (among others) are big shareholders.
>
> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:MKgbb.534347$Ho3.90398@sccrnsc03...
> > Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Does it have
> > AM/FM along with XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio). Do you

have
> to
> > call to cancel the subscription?

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 09:12 am
Dick Watson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

I don't know (Alpine and Matsushita (Panasonic) both have made equipment for
Honda in the past) who makes it. It's integrated in the head unit and the UI
is just another button like AM FM CD, labeled XM with the XM logo. There is
also an antenna about the size of a computer mouse or so on the roof above
the back window.

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bchbb.534467$Ho3.90605@sccrnsc03...
> Thanks, Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Is the
> AM/FM a seperate unit from the XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio).



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 11:40 am
boe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

Thanks those two would be fine. I'm just worried it is that POS Bose crap
they put in my acura. Truly underwhelming - 8 watts of pure unpleasant
sound pumped though tissue paper speakers.

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Skibb.945$gR1.577@newsread4.news.pas.earthlin k.net...
> I don't know (Alpine and Matsushita (Panasonic) both have made equipment

for
> Honda in the past) who makes it. It's integrated in the head unit and the

UI
> is just another button like AM FM CD, labeled XM with the XM logo. There

is
> also an antenna about the size of a computer mouse or so on the roof above
> the back window.
>
> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:bchbb.534467$Ho3.90605@sccrnsc03...
> > Thanks, Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Is

the
> > AM/FM a seperate unit from the XM? (I don't know anything about XM

radio).
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 08:02 pm
Pahsons - Somnolent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

Falling asleep through boe's post...

> Thanks those two would be fine. I'm just worried it is that POS Bose
> crap they put in my acura. Truly underwhelming - 8 watts of pure
> unpleasant sound pumped though tissue paper speakers.


Factory stereos suck, no matter who makes them.

--
"If you can't change a tire, you're not allowed to have a beard. It's the
most basic part of a car: If you don't know that much about a car, you
really shouldn't be driving, should you?" - Jimmy Kimmel
http://www.cafeshops.com/creexul.2534632
Owner of the following: Henry Cotter - A.G.F.F., Eric Dreher AND mark
digital© - A.A.T., wiru the tired - A.F.D., and that Gino guy who keeps
chaning his nick on A.A.Acura.
http://acfsliars.0catch.com/todd
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 09:47 pm
D Ray
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MKgbb.534347$Ho3.90398@sccrnsc03>...
> Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Does it have
> AM/FM along with XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio). Do you have to
> call to cancel the subscription?
>
> Thanks


Why, in hell, would you want to CANCEL it? XM is the best thing to
happen to driving a car since air conditioning.

I'm not even sure they're being sold preactived. But if not, run,
don't walk to your PC and activate at once (xmradio.com). You won't
regret it.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 10:12 pm
Oliver Costich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:40:54 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks those two would be fine. I'm just worried it is that POS Bose crap
>they put in my acura. Truly underwhelming - 8 watts of pure unpleasant
>sound pumped though tissue paper speakers.


Those are the finest plastic basket, paper cone speakers that China
produces. Cost almost $1 apiece.

>
>"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>news:Skibb.945$gR1.577@newsread4.news.pas.earthli nk.net...
>> I don't know (Alpine and Matsushita (Panasonic) both have made equipment

>for
>> Honda in the past) who makes it. It's integrated in the head unit and the

>UI
>> is just another button like AM FM CD, labeled XM with the XM logo. There

>is
>> also an antenna about the size of a computer mouse or so on the roof above
>> the back window.
>>
>> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:bchbb.534467$Ho3.90605@sccrnsc03...
>> > Thanks, Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Is

>the
>> > AM/FM a seperate unit from the XM? (I don't know anything about XM

>radio).
>>
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2003, 10:24 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

In article <eaf9681.0309211847.138acbfc@posting.google.com> ,
david@timecalc.com (D Ray) wrote:

> I'm not even sure they're being sold preactived.


Well, the sale of the car includes 3 months of XM. I doubt it's
preactivated, though; they'd activate only with an account being
established.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:01 pm
Chip Stein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 04 Honda Accord XM Radio?

david@timecalc.com (D Ray) wrote in message news:<eaf9681.0309211847.138acbfc@posting.google.c om>...
> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MKgbb.534347$Ho3.90398@sccrnsc03>...
> > Who makes the radio that comes with the new Honda Accord? Does it have
> > AM/FM along with XM? (I don't know anything about XM radio). Do you have to
> > call to cancel the subscription?




it's activated through the dealer on PDI . it's valid for 90 days
after the sale date, then it quits working unless you sign up.
Chip
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA: Honda CD AM/FM radio. Accord Civic-Others- full Honda 2 0 08 Mar 2005 03:48 pm
94-97 HONDA ACCORD RADIO W Honda 2 0 21 Jul 2004 01:01 pm
XM radio in a 99 honda civic with factory radio? Ted Honda 2 2 07 Oct 2003 07:25 pm
XM radio in a 99 honda civic with factory radio? Ted Honda 3 2 07 Oct 2003 07:25 pm
1996 Honda Accord EX Radio SSMRK Honda 1 0 17 Aug 2003 09:42 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.