Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:23 am
Dave Thompson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default gas milage 2003 Civic LX auto

I have 1000 miles on my civic
my first 2 tanks were about 25 mpg
then on my third I had 700 miles on it and i got
30mpg now on my fourth tank 1000 miles it dropped back to 26mpg. all of my
driving is simular about half city half highway nothing really different on
any givin tank
is this normal? is my car not truly broke in yet and should I expect to see
this? when it shot up to 30 I thought the rest of my tanks should only get
better.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:26 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: gas milage 2003 Civic LX auto


"Dave Thompson" <dthomp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news1F9b.25215$kX.13813@twister.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> I have 1000 miles on my civic
> my first 2 tanks were about 25 mpg
> then on my third I had 700 miles on it and i got
> 30mpg now on my fourth tank 1000 miles it dropped back to 26mpg. all of my
> driving is simular about half city half highway nothing really different

on
> any givin tank
> is this normal? is my car not truly broke in yet and should I expect to

see
> this? when it shot up to 30 I thought the rest of my tanks should only get
> better.


There are a lot of variables involved. Was the weather the same (wind speed
and direction, fair weather or rain)? Proper tire inflation needs to be
maintained, as well. Just a couple of thoughts.

--
Brian
www.accesswave.ca/~orion




Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2003, 10:22 am
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: gas milage 2003 Civic LX auto

How full the tank is at each gas stop has an effect too. Only robust
statistic is at the end of the year with twenty or so samples, and many
thousands of miles. bob

Brian Smith wrote:
>
> "Dave Thompson" <dthomp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news1F9b.25215$kX.13813@twister.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> > I have 1000 miles on my civic
> > my first 2 tanks were about 25 mpg
> > then on my third I had 700 miles on it and i got
> > 30mpg now on my fourth tank 1000 miles it dropped back to 26mpg. all of my
> > driving is simular about half city half highway nothing really different

> on
> > any givin tank
> > is this normal? is my car not truly broke in yet and should I expect to

> see
> > this? when it shot up to 30 I thought the rest of my tanks should only get
> > better.

>
> There are a lot of variables involved. Was the weather the same (wind speed
> and direction, fair weather or rain)? Proper tire inflation needs to be
> maintained, as well. Just a couple of thoughts.
>
> --
> Brian
> www.accesswave.ca/~orion

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2003, 05:39 pm
wdb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: gas milage 2003 Civic LX auto

I have a 2000 Civic hatchback with an automatic. With the air on full and a mix of
city and highway driving this car gets 31 mpg. It has 35000 miles on it. I drove a
4 cyl Accord for a week (1998, Automatic too) and it got 27 mpg in town and
averaged 33 mpg from Gainesville Fl. to Baton Rouge La. But, all things depend on
your driving habbits. My wife drove the Accord for a while and could not get
better then 29 mpg on the highway. I don't know how fast she drove, but I averaged
75 mph and got 33 mpg. I am told that Honda engines do take a few thousand miles
to fully break in. I know my friend's Accord went from low 20's to 30 mpg when it
finally got a few thousand miles on the odometer.
Bill B.

"N.E.Ohio Bob" wrote:

> How full the tank is at each gas stop has an effect too. Only robust
> statistic is at the end of the year with twenty or so samples, and many
> thousands of miles. bob
>
> Brian Smith wrote:
> >
> > "Dave Thompson" <dthomp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news1F9b.25215$kX.13813@twister.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> > > I have 1000 miles on my civic
> > > my first 2 tanks were about 25 mpg
> > > then on my third I had 700 miles on it and i got
> > > 30mpg now on my fourth tank 1000 miles it dropped back to 26mpg. all of my
> > > driving is simular about half city half highway nothing really different

> > on
> > > any givin tank
> > > is this normal? is my car not truly broke in yet and should I expect to

> > see
> > > this? when it shot up to 30 I thought the rest of my tanks should only get
> > > better.

> >
> > There are a lot of variables involved. Was the weather the same (wind speed
> > and direction, fair weather or rain)? Proper tire inflation needs to be
> > maintained, as well. Just a couple of thoughts.
> >
> > --
> > Brian
> > www.accesswave.ca/~orion



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gas milage in a 1990 Civic Terry Honda 3 0 04 Oct 2004 11:44 am
2003 Civic Gas Milage Dave Thompson Honda 3 7 03 Oct 2004 04:23 pm
2003 Civic gas milage Dave Thompson Honda 2 5 05 May 2004 06:38 pm
GAS MILAGE ON 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY EX Joel Honda 3 5 30 Sep 2003 11:33 pm
gas milage 2003 Civic LX auto Dave Thompson Honda 3 3 16 Sep 2003 05:39 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.