Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2003, 07:39 pm
WiNsToN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default factory stereo code?

My battery went dead the other day after accidentally leaving my 1999 CRV
headlights on. The stereo is flashing "code" whenever i turn the power on. I
dont have the manual since I got this car used. Does someone out there know
what's wrong? and what I need to do to get the stereo back on without
spending money having it fixed? pls help!




Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2003, 07:41 pm
M.C. Tee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

goto a local dealer, they will give you the code




"WiNsToN" <winslix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%Gt8b.1260$Aq2.988@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> My battery went dead the other day after accidentally leaving my 1999 CRV
> headlights on. The stereo is flashing "code" whenever i turn the power on.

I
> dont have the manual since I got this car used. Does someone out there

know
> what's wrong? and what I need to do to get the stereo back on without
> spending money having it fixed? pls help!
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:10 pm
Roger Dubet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

yes....for a price...same thing happened to me a while back had to pay $17
CDN to get the code
"M.C. Tee" <tedwards@NOSPAM.roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in message
news:bjtp3d$353$1@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net...
> goto a local dealer, they will give you the code
>
>
>
>
> "WiNsToN" <winslix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%Gt8b.1260$Aq2.988@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> > My battery went dead the other day after accidentally leaving my 1999

CRV
> > headlights on. The stereo is flashing "code" whenever i turn the power

on.
> I
> > dont have the manual since I got this car used. Does someone out there

> know
> > what's wrong? and what I need to do to get the stereo back on without
> > spending money having it fixed? pls help!
> >
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:29 pm
M.C. Tee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

better then 200+ for an aftermarket deck and an expensive paper weight




"Roger Dubet" <butterbrother68@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:i8u8b.4238$Nx6.653846@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> yes....for a price...same thing happened to me a while back had to pay $17
> CDN to get the code
> "M.C. Tee" <tedwards@NOSPAM.roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in message
> news:bjtp3d$353$1@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net...
> > goto a local dealer, they will give you the code
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "WiNsToN" <winslix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%Gt8b.1260$Aq2.988@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> > > My battery went dead the other day after accidentally leaving my 1999

> CRV
> > > headlights on. The stereo is flashing "code" whenever i turn the power

> on.
> > I
> > > dont have the manual since I got this car used. Does someone out there

> > know
> > > what's wrong? and what I need to do to get the stereo back on without
> > > spending money having it fixed? pls help!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:55 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

In article <i8u8b.4238$Nx6.653846@news20.bellglobal.com>,
"Roger Dubet" <butterbrother68@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> yes....for a price...same thing happened to me a while back had to pay $17
> CDN to get the code


Most dealers are cool about it. If you already have the radio's serial
number, they'll just look up the code for you, no charge. Just drive
around until you find a friendly dealer.

But if you don't have the radio's serial number.....well, you have to
find it. First, look in the glove box area for a white sticker with
numbers on it. *Good* salesmen put the radio serial number there for
just this reason. If not, look in the owner's manual or whatever
paperwork you got with the vehicle. If you're lucky, you got a
responsible previous owner and a responsible used car dealer who kept
all that stuff together, and the serial number should be written down in
the owner's manual. The vehicle also came with a card with that
information on it.

If you don't have the radio's serial number, you'll have to pull the
radio to read it off the radio itself. You can do that, or you can pay
someone to do that. The dealer *will* charge you for *that*.

You should head over to helminc.com and order up an owner's manual for
your car.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 13 Sep 2003, 02:22 pm
mtb2k2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

Not sure about where you are, but when i get my oil done, my stereo code is
listed on the bill/invoice. I bought my car used as well, and take it to
honda for oil. same price as everyelse, so why not
"WiNsToN" <winslix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%Gt8b.1260$Aq2.988@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> My battery went dead the other day after accidentally leaving my 1999 CRV
> headlights on. The stereo is flashing "code" whenever i turn the power on.

I
> dont have the manual since I got this car used. Does someone out there

know
> what's wrong? and what I need to do to get the stereo back on without
> spending money having it fixed? pls help!
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29 Aug 2004, 02:26 am
Rdecode
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?


Hi,

Mayby I could help you to calculate your radio code from radio serial
number if you tell me the Manufacturer, model and serial number of this
device.

Regards,
Rdecode
http://www.rdecode.narod.ru/
http://www.geocities.com/r_decode/


--
Rdecode
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
http://www.RealCarAudio.com
Rdecode's Profile: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=2473
View this thread: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...?threadid=8425

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 29 Aug 2004, 04:06 am
rohape
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?


look under your fuse box lid. its usually under there also on a littl
sticker. should be 5 or so digit

-
rohap
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community
http://www.RealCarAudio.co
rohape's Profile: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...nfo&userid=510
View this thread: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...p?threadid=842

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 29 Aug 2004, 06:35 am
Number11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: factory stereo code?

Also, check for the small white label on the underside of the trunk lid


"rohape" <rohape.1bqsr3@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
news:rohape.1bqsr3@realcaraudio.com...
>
> look under your fuse box lid. its usually under there also on a little
> sticker. should be 5 or so digits
>
>
> --
> rohape
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
> http://www.RealCarAudio.com
> rohape's Profile:
> http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=5102
> View this thread:
> http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...?threadid=8425
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Factory Car Stereo t Honda 2 2 10 Mar 2006 11:18 am
Any issues with replacing '99 Accord factory stereo ? Honda Fan Honda 3 1 12 Dec 2004 03:31 pm
Replacing Accord factory stereo Chris D'Agnolo Honda 3 5 02 Jun 2004 09:35 pm
Removing factory stereo 93 civic lx Rocket Richarde 250R Honda 2 1 03 Jan 2004 01:14 pm
Alpine CD Changer to Factory Honda Stereo? D. Honda 3 2 18 Dec 2003 10:16 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.