Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2008, 03:22 pm
92ludeh23a1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 92 lude si no spark???

ok so i just got done rebuilding the engine. and it was running great.
and then all of the sudden i stopped getting spark. i replaced the
ditributor, ignition coil, plugs, and plug wires. and still no spark!
:cry: i cant figure out why all the sudden it just stopped. please if
you have any clue why its not working iím open for ideaís.
Thanx!

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/92-lude-si...ict248945.html
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2008, 04:18 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 lude si no spark???

92ludeh23a1 <none@000.com> wrote in news:1209912
_acc55d89aacc3d0f29a2cb202cd7acca@autoboardz.com:

> ok so i just got done rebuilding the engine. and it was running great.
> and then all of the sudden i stopped getting spark. i replaced the
> ditributor, ignition coil, plugs, and plug wires. and still no spark!
>:cry: i cant figure out why all the sudden it just stopped. please if
> you have any clue why its not working iím open for ideaís.
> Thanx!
>



When you crank and there's no spark, does the tach needle jiggle ever so
slightly, or is it dead-still?

Have you checked each and every fuse?


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Sep 2008, 08:40 pm
Charles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 lude si no spark???

92ludeh23a1 wrote:
> ...it was running great and then ... i stopped getting spark.


How did you determine that there is no spark?

After you've checked the fuses visually (and electrically with an ohmmeter)
like Tegger says, are there any indications of a fault coming from the
engine control computer? Your dashboard warning light may be disconnected or
defective. Check the LED on the unit itself. Is it flashing? If so, how many
times?

That unit monitors about a dozen sensors any of which may be faulty. The LED
should flash once at start to tell you that it's getting power and
initializing. No flashing at all is a bad sign. Any repeating series of
flashes is a bad sign.

--
Chuck


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2008, 04:22 pm
92ludeh23a1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: 92 lude si no spark???

ok yes the needle jiggles. and i checked the spark by pullin the plug
wire out and putting a plug in and grounding it...still no spark! im
getting power to the coil and the distributor, its like something in
the ecu is telling it to not spark. Do you think it could be the main
relay?

"Tegger" wrote:
> 92ludeh23a1 <none@000.com> wrote in news:1209912
> _acc55d89aacc3d0f29a2cb202cd7acca@autoboardz.com:
>
> > ok so i just got done rebuilding the engine. and it was

> running great.
> > and then all of the sudden i stopped getting spark. i

> replaced the
> > ditributor, ignition coil, plugs, and plug wires. and still

> no spark!
> >:cry: i cant figure out why all the sudden it just stopped.

> please if
> > you have any clue why its not working iím open for ideaís.
> > Thanx!
> >

>
>
> When you crank and there's no spark, does the tach needle
> jiggle ever so
> slightly, or is it dead-still?
>
> Have you checked each and every fuse?
>
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2008, 04:22 pm
92ludeh23a1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: 92 lude si no spark???

And yes i checked every fuse. and there is not a check engine light it
only comes on for a sec when i first turn the key on. i did the
dignostic check and there are no codes coming up.
Thanx for the help.

"Charles" wrote:
> 92ludeh23a1 wrote:
> > ...it was running great and then ... i stopped getting

> spark.
>
> How did you determine that there is no spark?
>
> After you've checked the fuses visually (and electrically with
> an ohmmeter)
> like Tegger says, are there any indications of a fault coming
> from the
> engine control computer? Your dashboard warning light may be
> disconnected or
> defective. Check the LED on the unit itself. Is it flashing?
> If so, how many
> times?
>
> That unit monitors about a dozen sensors any of which may be
> faulty. The LED
> should flash once at start to tell you that it's getting power
> and
> initializing. No flashing at all is a bad sign. Any repeating
> series of
> flashes is a bad sign.
>
> --
> Chuck


--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/92-lude-si...ict248945.html
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2008, 04:27 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: 92 lude si no spark???

92ludeh23a1 <none@000.com> wrote in
news:1210556_60559d6163145d26e93fe84297b384fe@0000 .com:

>
> "Tegger" wrote:
> > 92ludeh23a1 <none@000.com> wrote in news:1209912
> > _acc55d89aacc3d0f29a2cb202cd7acca@autoboardz.com:
> >
> > > ok so i just got done rebuilding the engine. and it was

> > running great.
> > > and then all of the sudden i stopped getting spark. i

> > replaced the
> > > ditributor, ignition coil, plugs, and plug wires. and still

> > no spark!
> > >:cry: i cant figure out why all the sudden it just stopped.

> > please if
> > > you have any clue why its not working iím open for ideaís.
> > > Thanx!
> > >

> >
> >
> > When you crank and there's no spark, does the tach needle
> > jiggle ever so
> > slightly, or is it dead-still?
> >
> > Have you checked each and every fuse?
> >
> >

>
>
>
> ok yes the needle jiggles. and i checked the spark by pullin the plug
> wire out and putting a plug in and grounding it...still no spark! im
> getting power to the coil and the distributor, its like something in
> the ecu is telling it to not spark. Do you think it could be the main
> relay?




Not the Main Relay. Bet your coil's dead. And you CANNOT test the coil
with a resistance check! Go to the wreckers and get a cheap used coil
there to swap in.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
90 lude problems? vishis11 Honda Technical 3 01 Oct 2007 05:30 pm
Should I fix my Lude ? disallow Honda 2 5 11 Apr 2005 10:36 pm
Should I fix my Lude? disallow Honda 3 20 11 Apr 2005 06:54 pm
2k 'Lude Stereo ac Honda 3 0 08 Feb 2005 11:39 am
97 lude mocha Honda 3 1 27 Nov 2003 12:27 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.