Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02 Sep 2008, 12:24 am
stephen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default fuel economy

1998 accord ex ,v6. im getting 22mpg with a mix of city-hwy travel
does this sound about right? what would this be with a 4cyl car? the
car all checks out in good working order.I drive very conservitable.
this is my first small car im used to guzzeling trucks. should these
cars make more?

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/fuel-econo...ict248695.html
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02 Sep 2008, 08:13 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: fuel economy

stephen wrote:
> 1998 accord ex ,v6. i�m getting 22mpg with a mix of city-hwy travel
> does this sound about right? what would this be with a 4cyl car? the
> car all checks out in good working order.I drive very conservitable.
> this is my first small car i�m used to guzzeling trucks. should these
> cars make more?
>

there's a ton of things to check. ignition system, air filter,
brakes... even the coolant temp sensor can have a calibration problem
and need replacement... without more info, we're in the dark - what
have you checked so far?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Sep 2008, 08:47 am
e.meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: fuel economy

On Sep 2, 12:24*am, stephen <n...@000.com> wrote:
> 1998 accord ex ,v6. im getting 22mpg with a mix of city-hwy travel
> does this sound about right? what would this be with a 4cyl car? the
> car all checks out in good working order.I drive very conservitable.
> this is my first small car im used to guzzeling trucks. should these
> cars make more?
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.AutoBoardz.cominterface
> Thread archive:http://www.AutoBoardz.com/fuel-econo...ict248695.html


According to www.fueleconomy.gov the EPA estimate for the 98 accord V6
is 18 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, 21 mpg combination. For the 4
cylinder version: 20 city, 27 highway, 23 combined.

It sounds like it is getting pretty much what it should.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2008, 10:22 pm
stephen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: fuel economy

actuaaly i checked everything, i was a machanic for years (in the 70s
& 80s) i had the car put on a analyser and all systems cleared after
2 new oxygen sensors,no hot breaks, i was recently told the v.tec
with the 4sp auto wasnt that great on mileage but i would still
apreciate your input( oh yes, the trans also checks out,

"jim beam" wrote:
> stephen wrote:
> > 1998 accord ex ,v6. i�m getting 22mpg with a mix of

> city-hwy travel
> > does this sound about right? what would this be with a 4cyl

> car? the
> > car all checks out in good working order.I drive very

> conservitable.
> > this is my first small car i�m used to guzzeling trucks.

> should these
> > cars make more?
> >

> there's a ton of things to check. ignition system, air
> filter,
> brakes... even the coolant temp sensor can have a calibration
> problem
> and need replacement... without more info, we're in the dark
> - what
> have you checked so far?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2008, 10:22 pm
stephen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: fuel economy

thanks, as i said its my first small car i was hopein for more. well
thats better than 12mpg !

"e.meyer" wrote:
> On Sep 2, 12:24*am, stephen <n...@000.com> wrote:
> > 1998 accord ex ,v6. im getting 22mpg with a mix of city-hwy

> travel
> > does this sound about right? what would this be with a 4cyl

> car? the
> > car all checks out in good working order.I drive very

> conservitable.
> > this is my first small car im used to guzzeling trucks.

> should these
> > cars make more?
> >
> > --
> > Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.AutoBoardz.cominterface
> > Thread archive:http://www.AutoBoardz.com/fuel-econo...ict248695.html

>
> According to www.fueleconomy.gov the EPA estimate for the 98
> accord V6
> is 18 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, 21 mpg combination. For the 4
> cylinder version: 20 city, 27 highway, 23 combined.
>
> It sounds like it is getting pretty much what it should.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MORE fuel economy PTS-EXPRESS Honda 3 27 04 Mar 2004 10:15 am
fuel economy Sandro Honda 2 9 11 Feb 2004 09:36 pm
fuel economy jazz man Honda 3 3 14 Nov 2003 10:58 am
Fuel economy Statsman Honda 2 1 07 Oct 2003 01:18 pm
Re: Fuel economy Statsman Honda 3 1 07 Oct 2003 09:48 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.