Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2008, 06:29 pm
rickylowary@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 93 Civic weird gas mileage and power loss

Well, it's me again. Just as a refresher, I have a 93 civic lx 1.5L
16 valve engine with 200k miles. I recently replaced my distributor
with one I got from a 92 civic lx from the yard. Ever since then I
have had this weird power loss when trying to accelerate. It goes
from 0 to about 40 mph..it almost feels like it is bogged down or
something. Any ideas? Also, my fuel gage will drop from full to half
a tank when i travel only 100 miles, but the rest of the tank will get
200 miles or better..leaving me with around 300 miles to the tank. Is
this a sending unit problem?

Thanks again,
Ricky
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2008, 10:11 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic weird gas mileage and power loss

rickylowary@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, it's me again. Just as a refresher, I have a 93 civic lx 1.5L
> 16 valve engine with 200k miles. I recently replaced my distributor
> with one I got from a 92 civic lx from the yard. Ever since then I
> have had this weird power loss when trying to accelerate. It goes
> from 0 to about 40 mph..it almost feels like it is bogged down or
> something. Any ideas? Also, my fuel gage will drop from full to half
> a tank when i travel only 100 miles, but the rest of the tank will get
> 200 miles or better..leaving me with around 300 miles to the tank. Is
> this a sending unit problem?
>
> Thanks again,
> Ricky



how did you set the ignition timing with this "new" distributor? in
what condition is the distributor cap and rotor arm? did you assemble
with sweaty fingers?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2008, 10:41 pm
rickylowary@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic weird gas mileage and power loss

Well when I pulled my old distributor off I marked where the rotor was
originally. I compared the new one to the old one and moved the rotor
to match. However, when I went to put it on, the slots were
completely different...i thought i had no choice but to make them
match, so i did. i guess this has me thinking that my timing may be a
little off and need adjusting..The cap and rotor arm were in excellent
condition also. It was rather hot outside that day so i'm sure my
fingers were a little sweaty

thanks,
Ricky

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:16 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic weird gas mileage and power loss

rickylowary@gmail.com wrote:
> Well when I pulled my old distributor off I marked where the rotor was
> originally. I compared the new one to the old one and moved the rotor
> to match. However, when I went to put it on, the slots were
> completely different...i thought i had no choice but to make them
> match, so i did.


that's not good. the timing signal it's sending your engine computer is
probably wrong. you need to get the correct distributor. there's a
code number stamped into the body - mine is "TD-01U" - your old one will
be similar format. you need another distributor exactly the same as the
original.



> i guess this has me thinking that my timing may be a
> little off and need adjusting..The cap and rotor arm were in excellent
> condition also. It was rather hot outside that day so i'm sure my
> fingers were a little sweaty
>
> thanks,
> Ricky
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Aug 2008, 11:52 am
rickylowary@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 Civic weird gas mileage and power loss

yea the numbers check out for my distributors, TD-41U. i'm guessing
the timing it out of whack so I will readjust it in a few days. any
idea of what is goin on with the gas gauge?

Thanks,
Ricky
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hard start /loss of power /poor gas mileage jstone69 Honda 3 2 01 Sep 2007 11:33 am
93 civic loss of power Brandon Scarbrough Honda 2 39 07 Sep 2006 12:39 pm
hond civic loss of power at top end hondabluebob Honda 2 0 06 Apr 2006 03:20 am
1994 Civic LSI 1.5 Power loss Fernando Olea Honda 2 2 18 Nov 2004 03:55 am
99 accord, power and mileage loss , car is limping around.. eswaroop Honda 3 20 15 Apr 2004 03:14 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.