Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 May 2008, 12:58 pm
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default first $40 civic fillup

I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.

It could be worse - some people are seeing triple digit prices on
their fillups.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21 May 2008, 07:40 pm
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

rick++ wrote:
> I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
> the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
> at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.
>
> It could be worse - some people are seeing triple digit prices on
> their fillups.


I always fill up on Sundays when I get back for the weekend. Decrease
sticker shock. But I always get a four-digit price, like $38.23. I
always pay by credit card, so I don't add a few thousands of a gallon to
get to the next dollar (what do I care? The credit card company adds it
up for me).

I guess the only people who get triple digit fill-ups are people with
lawnmowers and motorcycles and other small engines.

Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 03:40 am
bucky3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

On May 21, 10:58 am, "rick++" <rick...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
> the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
> at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.


I've been hitting about $39.50 the last few fillups. Only a matter of
weeks before I exceed the $40 barrier. =(

Then again, most other car owners would be jealous of a $40 fillup. =)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 06:01 am
Jim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

On Thu, 22 May 2008 01:40:44 -0700 (PDT), bucky3 <bucky3@mail.com>
wrote:

>On May 21, 10:58 am, "rick++" <rick...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
>> the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
>> at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.

>
>I've been hitting about $39.50 the last few fillups. Only a matter of
>weeks before I exceed the $40 barrier. =(
>
>Then again, most other car owners would be jealous of a $40 fillup. =)



Consider yourself lucky, where I am it costs me $40 for a half a tank
for my Accord. Datrmouth , Nova Scotia . $1.34 a litre. = $5.06 U,S.
gallon.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 06:35 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

In article
<737852bf-011d-40cb-9358-239f80aa8337@a32g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
bucky3 <bucky3@mail.com> wrote:

> Then again, most other car owners would be jealous of a $40 fillup. =)


I just did a $26 fillup.

56mpg on that tankful in my Prius.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 11:44 am
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

On May 21, 6:40 pm, Jeff <kidsdoc2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the only people who get triple digit fill-ups are people with
> lawnmowers and motorcycles and other small engines.


You know I meant triple digit dollars.
And some SUVs and personal trucks now top $100 per fillup.
Dont even talk about RVs, boats and commercial trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 12:30 pm
2000 Civic hatch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

On May 21, 7:40 pm, Jeff <kidsdoc2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> rick++ wrote:
> > I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
> > the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
> > at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.

>
> > It could be worse - some people are seeing triple digit prices on
> > their fillups.

>
> I always fill up on Sundays when I get back for the weekend. Decrease
> sticker shock. But I always get a four-digit price, like $38.23. I
> always pay by credit card, so I don't add a few thousands of a gallon to
> get to the next dollar (what do I care? The credit card company adds it
> up for me).
>
> I guess the only people who get triple digit fill-ups are people with
> lawnmowers and motorcycles and other small engines.
>
> Jeff


I just spent $ 40+ (US) to fill my Civic and thats just not right ...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 05:09 pm
ident
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup

On Wed, 21 May 2008, "rick++" wrote:

>I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until
>the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more
>at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.
>
>It could be worse - some people are seeing triple digit prices on
>their fillups.


Anyone here use a cash back credit card to help offset gas costs? The
5% cash back gas card from Pentagon Federal Credit Union looks like
the best (non-promotional) deal. Chase BP Visa offers 5%, but only at
BP locations. I currently use Chase Freedom with 3% cash back.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 22 May 2008, 07:10 pm
Robert Barr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup


Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article
> <737852bf-011d-40cb-9358-239f80aa8337@a32g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> bucky3 <bucky3@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> Then again, most other car owners would be jealous of a $40 fillup. =)

>
> I just did a $26 fillup.
>
> 56mpg on that tankful in my Prius.
>

In the Chicago area, it can cost over $20 to fill a Suzuki GS850
motorcycle.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2008, 06:34 pm
L Alpert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: first $40 civic fillup


"rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7394e9e1-481d-4cbe-9454-29b230640c62@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> On May 21, 6:40 pm, Jeff <kidsdoc2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess the only people who get triple digit fill-ups are people
>> with
>> lawnmowers and motorcycles and other small engines.

>
> You know I meant triple digit dollars.
> And some SUVs and personal trucks now top $100 per fillup.
> Dont even talk about RVs, boats and commercial trucks.


I filled up my 04 Accord for $56, then added another $48 filling up
the gas cans for the lawn equipment. Just about $104 fill up. The
fill up for the Accord lasts me about 3 weeks, just about the same for
the lawn equipment.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.