Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 08:49 am
septicman@peoplepc.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
highway.

Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
the radiator and the reservoir.

Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? I
would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
with this engine and this year or series.

Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 08:59 am
Tony Hwang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

septicman@peoplepc.com wrote:

> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> highway.
>
> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
> the radiator and the reservoir.
>
> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? I
> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
> with this engine and this year or series.
>
> Thanks in advance !

Hi,
I'd just replace rad. cap on spec. and watch exhaust for sign of water
(sweet smell and white steam color) in case there is head gasket
problem. Also keep a watch on coolant temp,
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 10:49 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

septicman@peoplepc.com wrote:
> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> highway.
>
> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
> the radiator and the reservoir.
>
> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? I
> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
> with this engine and this year or series.
>
> Thanks in advance !


1. learn to cross-post.

2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
coolant pump, etc.

3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. if yes, it's head gasket.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 06:58 pm
septicman@peoplepc.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

On May 4, 10:49*am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> > The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> > highway.

>
> > Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
> > the radiator and the reservoir.

>
> > Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? *I
> > would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
> > with this engine and this year or series.

>
> > Thanks in advance !

>
> 1. learn to cross-post.
>
> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
> coolant pump, etc.
>
> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. *if yes, it's head gasket.


Are your suggestions 'generic?' If so, I already know how to diagnose
coolant loss and head gasket leaks. Did you read my post? I am not
looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. This is the
purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 07:18 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

septicman@peoplepc.com wrote:
> On May 4, 10:49�am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
>>> highway.
>>> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
>>> the radiator and the reservoir.
>>> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? �I
>>> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
>>> with this engine and this year or series.
>>> Thanks in advance !

>> 1. learn to cross-post.
>>
>> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
>> coolant pump, etc.
>>
>> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. �if yes, it's head gasket.

>
> Are your suggestions 'generic?' If so, I already know how to diagnose
> coolant loss and head gasket leaks. Did you read my post? I am not
> looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
> experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
> locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. This is the
> purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
> to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.


but you posted a generic crap question, so how can you be offended when
you get a generic crap answer???

specify exactly what you've done to help yourself, then maybe the FREE
EXPERT advice you seek will be more forthcoming.

or you can wait until psychic wednesday. your call.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 10:11 pm
septicman@peoplepc.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

On May 4, 7:18*pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> > On May 4, 10:49�am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> >> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> >>> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> >>> highway.
> >>> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
> >>> the radiator and the reservoir.
> >>> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? �I
> >>> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
> >>> with this engine and this year or series.
> >>> Thanks in advance !
> >> 1. learn to cross-post.

>
> >> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
> >> coolant pump, etc.

>
> >> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. �if yes, it's head gasket.

>
> > Are your suggestions 'generic?' *If so, I already know how to diagnose
> > coolant loss and head gasket leaks. *Did you read my post? *I am not
> > looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
> > experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
> > locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. *This is the
> > purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
> > to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.

>
> but you posted a generic crap question, so how can you be offended when
> you get a generic crap answer???
>
> specify exactly what you've done to help yourself, then maybe the FREE
> EXPERT advice you seek will be more forthcoming.
>
> or you can wait until psychic wednesday. *your call.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


by the way, thanks for your stupid generic overbearing rantings...next
time, if you don't have the direct experience, stay out of it. Save
the tutoring for the dumb-****s who constitute your audience. I
suppose "1995 Honda Civic 1.5" doesn't sufficiently narrow it down for
you...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 10:26 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

septicman@peoplepc.com wrote:
> On May 4, 7:18 pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>> On May 4, 10:49�am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>>>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>>>> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
>>>>> highway.
>>>>> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
>>>>> the radiator and the reservoir.
>>>>> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? �I
>>>>> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
>>>>> with this engine and this year or series.
>>>>> Thanks in advance !
>>>> 1. learn to cross-post.
>>>> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
>>>> coolant pump, etc.
>>>> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. �if yes, it's head gasket.
>>> Are your suggestions 'generic?' If so, I already know how to diagnose
>>> coolant loss and head gasket leaks. Did you read my post? I am not
>>> looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
>>> experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
>>> locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. This is the
>>> purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
>>> to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.

>> but you posted a generic crap question, so how can you be offended when
>> you get a generic crap answer???
>>
>> specify exactly what you've done to help yourself, then maybe the FREE
>> EXPERT advice you seek will be more forthcoming.
>>
>> or you can wait until psychic wednesday. your call.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -

>
> by the way, thanks for your stupid generic overbearing rantings...next
> time, if you don't have the direct experience, stay out of it. Save
> the tutoring for the dumb-****s who constitute your audience.


eh? do i have experience or do i not??? i can't "tutor" unless i have
experience. make up your mind.


> I
> suppose "1995 Honda Civic 1.5" doesn't sufficiently narrow it down for
> you...


no, but opening the hood and bothering to say what you'd taken the time
to look for sure would. which you still haven't.

bottom line: when you're PAYING for service, you can take the vehicle in
with little or no information because you're going to get charged for it
anyhow. and you get to be as much of an asshole as you want because
it's your money. but when you want something for FREE, like you do
right now, YOU get to do the homework.

now let's see how long it takes you to figure out that being a demanding
uncooperative jerk about this doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of
answers.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 11:03 pm
septicman@peoplepc.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

On May 4, 10:26*pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> > On May 4, 7:18 pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> >> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> >>> On May 4, 10:49�am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> >>>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> >>>>> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> >>>>> highway.
> >>>>> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
> >>>>> the radiator and the reservoir.
> >>>>> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? �I
> >>>>> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
> >>>>> with this engine and this year or series.
> >>>>> Thanks in advance !
> >>>> 1. learn to cross-post.
> >>>> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
> >>>> coolant pump, etc.
> >>>> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. �if yes, it's head gasket.
> >>> Are your suggestions 'generic?' *If so, I already know how to diagnose
> >>> coolant loss and head gasket leaks. *Did you read my post? *I am not
> >>> looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
> >>> experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
> >>> locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. *This is the
> >>> purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
> >>> to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.
> >> but you posted a generic crap question, so how can you be offended when
> >> you get a generic crap answer???

>
> >> specify exactly what you've done to help yourself, then maybe the FREE
> >> EXPERT advice you seek will be more forthcoming.

>
> >> or you can wait until psychic wednesday. *your call.- Hide quoted text -

>
> >> - Show quoted text -

>
> > by the way, thanks for your stupid generic overbearing rantings...next
> > time, if you don't have the direct experience, stay out of it. *Save
> > the tutoring for the dumb-****s who constitute your audience.

>
> eh? *do i have experience or do i not??? *i can't "tutor" unlessi have
> experience. *make up your mind.
>
> > *I
> > suppose "1995 Honda Civic 1.5" doesn't sufficiently narrow it down for
> > you...

>
> no, but opening the hood and bothering to say what you'd taken the time
> to look for sure would. *which you still haven't.
>
> bottom line: when you're PAYING for service, you can take the vehicle in
> with little or no information because you're going to get charged for it
> anyhow. *and you get to be as much of an asshole as you want because
> it's your money. *but when you want something for FREE, like you do
> right now, YOU get to do the homework.
>
> now let's see how long it takes you to figure out that being a demanding
> uncooperative jerk about this doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of
> answers.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


I have tried nothing other than make observations for the
obvious...and, I am not going to jump through your hoops. If no one
chooses to respond to the issue at hand because they have not had a
coolant loss experience with the specified vehicle/engine, that is
expected and appreciated. However, if someone has had direct
experience with the issue at hand and chooses to not respond, that is
fine, too. Group members are free to act as they see fit. This group
is not a club for little boys to keep their secrets from the other
little boys. I will find the answer shortly, one way or another. In
this age of information, thinking one can have another over a barrel
by withholding information is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 May 2008, 11:12 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

septicman@peoplepc.com wrote:
> On May 4, 10:26 pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>> On May 4, 7:18 pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>>>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>>>> On May 4, 10:49�am, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
>>>>>> septic...@peoplepc.com wrote:
>>>>>>> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
>>>>>>> highway.
>>>>>>> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a pint of coolant each to
>>>>>>> the radiator and the reservoir.
>>>>>>> Where should one look with these engines for coolant loss sources? �I
>>>>>>> would especially appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar
>>>>>>> with this engine and this year or series.
>>>>>>> Thanks in advance !
>>>>>> 1. learn to cross-post.
>>>>>> 2. check for evidence of leakage in the usual places, hoses, radiator,
>>>>>> coolant pump, etc.
>>>>>> 3. check for bubbles in the expansion bottle. �if yes, it's head gasket.
>>>>> Are your suggestions 'generic?' If so, I already know how to diagnose
>>>>> coolant loss and head gasket leaks. Did you read my post? I am not
>>>>> looking for generic advice, I am seeking posts from those particularly
>>>>> experienced with 1995 era Civics with the 1.5 who can cite the exact
>>>>> locations of coolant leaks observed and discovered. This is the
>>>>> purpose of a Honda group, i.e. for those directly involved with Hondas
>>>>> to share their experiences with other Honda owners, etc.
>>>> but you posted a generic crap question, so how can you be offended when
>>>> you get a generic crap answer???
>>>> specify exactly what you've done to help yourself, then maybe the FREE
>>>> EXPERT advice you seek will be more forthcoming.
>>>> or you can wait until psychic wednesday. your call.- Hide quoted text -
>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>> by the way, thanks for your stupid generic overbearing rantings...next
>>> time, if you don't have the direct experience, stay out of it. Save
>>> the tutoring for the dumb-****s who constitute your audience.

>> eh? do i have experience or do i not??? i can't "tutor" unless i have
>> experience. make up your mind.
>>
>>> I
>>> suppose "1995 Honda Civic 1.5" doesn't sufficiently narrow it down for
>>> you...

>> no, but opening the hood and bothering to say what you'd taken the time
>> to look for sure would. which you still haven't.
>>
>> bottom line: when you're PAYING for service, you can take the vehicle in
>> with little or no information because you're going to get charged for it
>> anyhow. and you get to be as much of an asshole as you want because
>> it's your money. but when you want something for FREE, like you do
>> right now, YOU get to do the homework.
>>
>> now let's see how long it takes you to figure out that being a demanding
>> uncooperative jerk about this doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of
>> answers.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -

>
> I have tried nothing other than make observations for the
> obvious...and, I am not going to jump through your hoops. If no one
> chooses to respond to the issue at hand because they have not had a
> coolant loss experience with the specified vehicle/engine, that is
> expected and appreciated. However, if someone has had direct
> experience with the issue at hand and chooses to not respond, that is
> fine, too. Group members are free to act as they see fit. This group
> is not a club for little boys to keep their secrets from the other
> little boys. I will find the answer shortly, one way or another. In
> this age of information, thinking one can have another over a barrel
> by withholding information is ridiculous.


you say:
"This group is not a club for little boys to keep their secrets from the
other little boys."

but you started by saying:
"I am not going to jump through your hoops."

something of a contradictory conundrum is it not? and if you "already
know how to diagnose coolant loss and head gasket leaks" why are you
even here?

so let's start again: what exactly have you done so far? where and what
have you checked?

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2008, 02:36 am
Backwoodz Tuner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

You guys make me ****in laugh , this thread is off the hook! Lol. But
back on topic. Loosin some coolant, well is there any sign of coolant
on the ground where you park ur car , like overnight? If so does it
seem to be becoming from tje drivers side of the motor? If so your
water pump is goin out. It will all most look as if it were comin from
the plastic timimg belt cover piece. When the bearing goes out in em
they got these little holes, called weep holes that leak out coolant
when they start to go bad. And if it were your head gasket you
wouldn't have as good gas milage as you claim so I'd rule that idea
out. Another way to check if it's your head gasket would be to look
under your radiator cap. Does it look like chocalate milk? If not then
ur gaskets all good. But here's the best advice I can give you. Hit up
my website http://joezlife.googlepages.com/backwoodztuner
Go to the manual section and download ur self an owners manual for
your car. Not no piece of shit chiltons or haynes but a Factory
Service Manual specific for ur car. The best trouble shooting guides
are found within them pages and will point u in the right direction.
And now you don't gotta argue with dude who thinks he knows hondas
lol! Good luck hope this helps u out
I hope my answer wasn't as generic as the rest.
Haahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaa
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acura Loses all power. Help!! bonsaiisuperstar Acura Technical 0 17 Dec 2007 02:23 pm
I HAVE A 1990 HONDA CIVIC it loses power gooing up hills but flies on a flat surface? James B Honda Technical 9 08 Sep 2007 04:40 pm
1977 CiViC loses coolant Eric Honda 2 10 01 Mar 2007 11:24 pm
XM radio loses presets David Hurwitz Acura 3 03 Oct 2005 07:19 pm
'88 Accord loses power rickspel Honda 3 2 28 May 2004 06:23 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.