Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2008, 03:07 pm
suyashsen@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Engine Oil

I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
owners using?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2008, 03:11 pm
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

10W40 has not been recommended for cars for many years due to the waxes used
to extend it to 40. What year car? You should be using that recommended in
the owners manual and listed in stickers under the hood. The only reason to
user higher viscosity is in a worn out engine to slow down consumption.

<suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
> owners using?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2008, 04:09 pm
Piso Mojado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

<suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
> owners using?


The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:10 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

"Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:

> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>> owners using?

>
> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>
>




Why the hell does that matter?

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2008, 11:01 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

Tegger wrote:
> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>
>> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>> I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>>> owners using?

>> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>
>>

>
>
>
> Why the hell does that matter?
>
> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>


c'mon dude - he was just suckered into responding to spam.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:33 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

jim beam <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in news:f7ydnQEYzOa_
9nXanZ2dnUVZ_vrinZ2d@speakeasy.net:

> Tegger wrote:
>> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
>> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>>
>>> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>>> I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>>>> owners using?
>>> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Why the hell does that matter?
>>
>> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
>> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>>

>
> c'mon dude - he was just suckered into responding to spam.
>



I was backing him up with an attempt at a barbed response. My humor failed,
apparently.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2008, 01:31 pm
Piso Mojado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

"Tegger" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns9A6BE1870704Etegger@207.14.116.130...
> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>
>> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>>> owners using?

>>
>> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>
>>

>
>
>
> Why the hell does that matter?
>
> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>
> --
> Tegger


Uh huh, that'll work too.

One time back during the war-- there we were on extended patrol and we had
to change the oil in a deuce-and-a-half.

So we killed two water buffalo, rendered the fat out, cut it with 2 quarts
of officer's urine and blended in a six pack of Bud. Man, that baby purred
all the way back to the base...


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2008, 04:10 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

"Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
news:NoydnWJ1oq1nq3TanZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@comcast.com:

> "Tegger" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A6BE1870704Etegger@207.14.116.130...
>> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
>> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>>
>>> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com.
>>> ..
>>>>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other
>>>> accord owners using?
>>>
>>> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Why the hell does that matter?
>>
>> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
>> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>>
>>

>
> Uh huh, that'll work too.
>
> One time back during the war-- there we were on extended patrol and we
> had to change the oil in a deuce-and-a-half.
>
> So we killed two water buffalo, rendered the fat out, cut it with 2
> quarts of officer's urine and blended in a six pack of Bud. Man, that
> baby purred all the way back to the base...
>
>
>




Do you get better mileage from officer's urine than from enlisted men's
urine?



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:03 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil

Piso Mojado wrote:
> "Tegger" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A6BE1870704Etegger@207.14.116.130...
>> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
>> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>>
>>> <suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>>> I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>>> mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>>> post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>>>> owners using?
>>> The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>> Why the hell does that matter?
>>
>> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
>> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>>
>> --
>> Tegger

>
> Uh huh, that'll work too.
>
> One time back during the war-- there we were on extended patrol and we had
> to change the oil in a deuce-and-a-half.
>
> So we killed two water buffalo, rendered the fat out, cut it with 2 quarts
> of officer's urine and blended in a six pack of Bud. Man, that baby purred
> all the way back to the base...
>
>


why not render the officers and use buffalo urine?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:10 pm
Grumpy AuContraire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Engine Oil



Tegger wrote:
> "Piso Mojado" <floormop@bucket> wrote in
> news:OrOdnfhcXvQal3XanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com:
>
>
>><suyashsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:4c2a55bb-f569-44b2-b1f1-850127247e4e@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>>I have been using 10 W 40 engine oil for my car. I had asked a car
>>>mechanics for this. I looked up www.hotaccord.org today. One of the
>>>post there suggests 5W/30 for car engine. I wonder what other accord
>>>owners using?

>>
>>The better question is what does the manufacturer recommend?
>>
>>

>
>
>
>
> Why the hell does that matter?
>
> I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If I can't get that, I use rendered
> Grizzly Bear fat. They both work just tickety-boo.
>



You owe me a frickin' keyboard!!!

<G>

JT

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should i boost my civic ex engine and fully build the engine or engine swap for a b18? javi_oso3 Honda Technical 6 27 Jun 2008 02:54 am
Can I swap my 1986 Civic Si D15A3 engine for a 1988 CRX SiR B16A with 160 HP engine? rinnaye Honda Technical 4 02 Oct 2007 05:14 pm
I have a 1999 honda civic ex automatic i want to do engine swap what engine should i go with? marcos m Honda Technical 6 30 Sep 2007 05:48 pm
can i place a turbo in my b16a engine and make it high compression engine at the same time? drive_e_internetcafe Honda Technical 4 25 Aug 2007 05:48 am
what is the engine code on a acura integra engine b18b? out of the ls model car year 1997? wiccan4789 Acura Technical 2 15 Aug 2007 07:07 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.