Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2008, 11:57 am
livetohike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sticky Side Door

Hello,
My 2000 Odyssey has developed very hard to open side (sliding) doors.
Both sides are affected but the door we use most is much worse. I
have cleaned and lubed all visible moving parts/springs.

The latch seems to work, but it takes a very hard yank to open. We
discovered that if some one inside the van pushes/bangs out on the
rear of the door it will open better. It seems as if whatever makes
the back pop out when you first turn the handle is not working
properly.

The dealer 'adjusted' it a few months ago and it helped a bit, but it
is back worse than ever.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2008, 11:38 pm
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sticky Side Door

livetohike wrote:
> Hello,
> My 2000 Odyssey has developed very hard to open side (sliding) doors.
> Both sides are affected but the door we use most is much worse. I
> have cleaned and lubed all visible moving parts/springs.
>
> The latch seems to work, but it takes a very hard yank to open. We
> discovered that if some one inside the van pushes/bangs out on the
> rear of the door it will open better. It seems as if whatever makes
> the back pop out when you first turn the handle is not working
> properly.
>
> The dealer 'adjusted' it a few months ago and it helped a bit, but it
> is back worse than ever.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

-----------------------

You might have to sign in and SEARCH at www.odyclub.com

You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Feb 2008, 11:46 am
livetohike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sticky Side Door

On Feb 7, 12:38 am, motsco_ <mots...@interbaun.com> wrote:
> livetohikewrote:
> > Hello,
> > My 2000 Odyssey has developed very hard to open side (sliding) doors.
> > Both sides are affected but the door we use most is much worse. I
> > have cleaned and lubed all visible moving parts/springs.

>
> > The latch seems to work, but it takes a very hard yank to open. We
> > discovered that if some one inside the van pushes/bangs out on the
> > rear of the door it will open better. It seems as if whatever makes
> > the back pop out when you first turn the handle is not working
> > properly.

>
> > The dealer 'adjusted' it a few months ago and it helped a bit, but it
> > is back worse than ever.

>
> > Any ideas?

>
> > Thanks

>
> -----------------------
>
> You might have to sign in and SEARCH atwww.odyclub.com
>
> You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?
>
> 'Curly'


No, I am using white lithium grease out of a spray can. OK?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08 Feb 2008, 01:17 pm
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sticky Side Door

livetohike wrote:

>> You might have to sign in and SEARCH atwww.odyclub.com
>>
>> You aren't putting OIL on those linkages / rollers, are you?
>>
>> 'Curly'

>
> No, I am using white lithium grease out of a spray can. OK?


---------------------------

I've used liquid silicone on several vans and it worked OK to -40 F.
That white lithium sometimes gets pasty when cold. It might be gumming
up the latch at the back edge of the door.
You could try spray silicone with the long nozzle and put a bit on every
moving part.

Anything helpful at www.odyclub.com ? Please post good links you find. I
haven't been there in years.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Window in driver-side door beekay Honda 2 1 05 Jun 2006 07:31 am
Door problems; can't lock the driver side door. (99 civic ex coupe) stonehenson@gmail.com Honda 2 1 21 Jan 2006 11:20 pm
Driver side door won't open no_other Honda 3 3 18 Aug 2004 01:08 am
passenger side door trim amygdala18 Honda 3 1 18 Jun 2004 06:01 pm
CRV interior side door removal Chris Honda 2 0 02 May 2004 07:55 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.