Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2008, 01:59 pm
Jakthehammer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

TRUE OR FALSE?

Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...
Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to
gain.


ANSWER:

BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.

TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO
ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS. MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH
MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN
WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING
OVER THE HILL.....Heehee.........


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2008, 02:38 pm
TPr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

What a load of rubbish. Is anyone stupid enough to beleive this crap, when
you don't even have a basic grasp of the english language ?

Moron.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2008, 03:13 pm
Elliot Richmond
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 05:38:11 +0900, "TPr" <Jnr@iinet.net.au> wrote:

>What a load of rubbish. Is anyone stupid enough to beleive this crap, when
>you don't even have a basic grasp of the english language ?
>
>Moron.


It was a troll. Ignore it.


Elliot Richmond
Itinerant astronomy teacher
Freelance science writer
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2008, 06:23 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

"Jakthehammer" <jakthhmmr@aol.com> wrote in news:fnvtnf$7sc$1@aioe.org:

> TRUE OR FALSE?
>
> Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...
> Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to
> gain.
>
>
> ANSWER:
>
> BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.
>
> TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO
> ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS. MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH
> MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN
> WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING
> OVER THE HILL.....Heehee.........
>
>
>



You are a very strange person.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Feb 2008, 11:43 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

Jakthehammer wrote:
> TRUE OR FALSE?
>
> Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...
> Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to
> gain.
>
>
> ANSWER:
>
> BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.
>
> TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO
> ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS.


freak though you are, you have a point there - you /do/ lose traction.
i don't rotate tires very often for this reason, and if i do, i have to
take it easy until the tires are re-worn back to the correct rotation
and cornering sense.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-m...-rotation.html


> MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH
> MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN
> WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING
> OVER THE HILL.....Heehee.........
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 03:59 am
hsg@h-gee.co.uk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:43:17 -0800, jim beam <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote:

>Jakthehammer wrote:
>> TRUE OR FALSE?
>>
>> Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...
>> Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to
>> gain.
>>
>>
>> ANSWER:
>>
>> BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.
>>
>> TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO
>> ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS.

>
>freak though you are, you have a point there - you /do/ lose traction.
>i don't rotate tires very often for this reason, and if i do, i have to
>take it easy until the tires are re-worn back to the correct rotation
>and cornering sense.
>
>http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-m...-rotation.html
>
>
>> MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH
>> MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN
>> WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING
>> OVER THE HILL.....Heehee.........
>>
>>


On many vehicles now-a-days tire or even tyre rotation is a thing of the past
having been left in a time warp of 1970 ish.

the reason behind this is the move to FWD and the newer train of thought in
fitting different size/width wheels at each end. My new E65 has wider wheels at
the rear than the front I know that BMW isn't the only manufacturers that does
this.

The choice is yours but remember if its a new car the chances are the front
tires (tyres) won't fit the rear rims.

Hugh
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find it!

Hugh Gundersen
hsg@h-gee.co.uk
Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 06:47 am
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 09:59:40 +0000, hsg@h-gee.co.uk graced this
newsgroup with:


>
>the reason behind this is the move to FWD and the newer train of thought in
>fitting different size/width wheels at each end. My new E65 has wider wheels at
>the rear than the front I know that BMW isn't the only manufacturers that does
>this.
>
>The choice is yours but remember if its a new car the chances are the front
>tires (tyres) won't fit the rear rims.
>
>Hugh



Not entirely true. Front wheel drive cars wear out the front tires
significantly faster than it's rear tires. You'll be replacing the
front tires at nearly a ratio of 2:1 in comparison to the rear tires.

The reverse holds true for rear wheel cars (of which many cars are
still made that way).

Rotate them and you'll get longer life out of all four tires.
Otherwise, you'll be constantly changing a set of tires. And many
manufacturers don't make the same exact tire every year. You'll
end up with two different sets of treads and/or manufacturers if you
constantly only buy one set of tires.

Also, maybe you mean moving front to back/back to front but you don't
actually take the tires off the *rims* when you rotate. You merely
move the entire tire/rim as a single unit.


However, as you mentioned, if the front and rear tires are of
different sizes, the ONLY rotation you can do is left/right and not
front/back.

-max
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 06:51 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

In article <sldbq39bfheck2541irkj0o4ruk2n8sqiq@4ax.com>,
Max <max@nospam.net> wrote:

> Front wheel drive cars wear out the front tires
> significantly faster than it's rear tires. You'll be replacing the
> front tires at nearly a ratio of 2:1 in comparison to the rear tires.
>
> The reverse holds true for rear wheel cars (of which many cars are
> still made that way).


Not necessarily.

FWD cars have the front wheels doing all the driving, the steering, and
the braking. Compare that to RWD cars, where the front wheels aren't
doing the driving--they're just turning and braking.

Tire wear is more likely to be more even on a RWD car because of this
division of duties.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 08:07 am
bjn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:43:17 -0800, jim beam <spamvortex@bad.example.net>
wrote:

>Jakthehammer wrote:
>> TRUE OR FALSE?
>>
>> Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...
>> Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to
>> gain.
>>
>>
>> ANSWER:
>>
>> BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.
>>
>> TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO
>> ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS.

>
>freak though you are, you have a point there - you /do/ lose traction.


Even on all-wheel-drive vehicles?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 08:08 am
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 07:51:23 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> graced this newsgroup with:

>In article <sldbq39bfheck2541irkj0o4ruk2n8sqiq@4ax.com>,
> Max <max@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Front wheel drive cars wear out the front tires
>> significantly faster than it's rear tires. You'll be replacing the
>> front tires at nearly a ratio of 2:1 in comparison to the rear tires.
>>
>> The reverse holds true for rear wheel cars (of which many cars are
>> still made that way).

>
>Not necessarily.
>
>FWD cars have the front wheels doing all the driving, the steering, and
>the braking. Compare that to RWD cars, where the front wheels aren't
>doing the driving--they're just turning and braking.
>
>Tire wear is more likely to be more even on a RWD car because of this
>division of duties.



Front wheel drives are also the drive wheels. That creates additional
stress on the rubber. Pulling foward and being pulled forward cause
much different wear on a tire.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire noise after rotation and brake job JJ Lee Honda 2 1 12 Jun 2006 08:03 pm
'90 Accord, tire rotation how often? Pin Geek Honda 2 9 03 Sep 2005 11:00 pm
Tire rotation tflfb Honda 2 3 17 Nov 2003 07:26 am
Tire rotation on 2003 Accord patviv Honda 2 6 05 Sep 2003 09:00 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.