Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jan 2008, 05:42 pm
LT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Used Pilot?

I'm looking to buy a used (but not older) Pilot. Mileage isn't a concern as
I only drive ~10 miles per year. Per Consumer Reports, it appears 2006 is
much better that 2005. Anyone agree?
Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:57 pm
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

LT wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a used (but not older) Pilot. Mileage isn't a concern as
> I only drive ~10 miles per year. Per Consumer Reports, it appears 2006 is
> much better that 2005. Anyone agree?
> Thanks


If you only drive 10 miles per year, rent a pilot from Enterprise or
Hertz for that.

jeff
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jan 2008, 07:57 pm
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?


"Jeff" <kidsdoc2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newspvlj.20749$9t4.14930@trnddc08...
>
> If you only drive 10 miles per year, rent a pilot from Enterprise or Hertz
> for that.


He'd be better off taking a taxi or a limo.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jan 2008, 08:25 pm
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

Brian Smith wrote:
> "Jeff" <kidsdoc2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newspvlj.20749$9t4.14930@trnddc08...
>> If you only drive 10 miles per year, rent a pilot from Enterprise or Hertz
>> for that.

>
> He'd be better off taking a taxi or a limo.


Or a bicycle, bus or train.

Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jan 2008, 09:21 pm
LT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

Sorry, dropped the "k". I drive approx 10K miles per year. Regardless, 06
or 05?
Thanks
LT


"Jeff" <kidsdoc2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:yIwlj.20928$9t4.19202@trnddc08...
> Brian Smith wrote:
>> "Jeff" <kidsdoc2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> newspvlj.20749$9t4.14930@trnddc08...
>>> If you only drive 10 miles per year, rent a pilot from Enterprise or
>>> Hertz for that.

>>
>> He'd be better off taking a taxi or a limo.

>
> Or a bicycle, bus or train.
>
> Jeff



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2008, 05:34 pm
ACAR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

On Jan 22, 9:21*pm, "LT" <lorentheod...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, dropped the "k". *I drive approx 10K miles per year. *Regardless, 06
> or 05?
> Thanks
> LT
>
>

stop kidding yourself and buy an Odyssey minivan
the Pilot is just an Odyssey with a SUV-like body
need AWD? buy a Sienna AWD
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2008, 06:42 pm
Larry in AZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

Waiving the right to remain silent, ACAR <getoutanpush@yahoo.com> said:

> On Jan 22, 9:21˙pm, "LT" <lorentheod...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, dropped the "k". ˙I drive approx 10K miles per year. ˙Regardles
>> s, 06 or 05?
>> Thanks
>> LT
>>
>>

> stop kidding yourself and buy an Odyssey minivan
> the Pilot is just an Odyssey with a SUV-like body
> need AWD? buy a Sienna AWD


The Pilot may be built on the Odyssey frame, but the drive train is out of
the Acura MDX. Much heavier duty, and the vehicle rides considerably higher
and differently.

It *IS NOT* an Odyssey.

--
Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
with all the privileges that this entails."
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jan 2008, 08:34 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

In article <Xns9A2EA9EFB23FDthefrogprince@69.28.173.184>,
Larry in AZ <usenet2@DE.LETE.THISljvideo.com> wrote:

> > stop kidding yourself and buy an Odyssey minivan
> > the Pilot is just an Odyssey with a SUV-like body
> > need AWD? buy a Sienna AWD

>
> The Pilot may be built on the Odyssey frame, but the drive train is out of
> the Acura MDX. Much heavier duty, and the vehicle rides considerably higher
> and differently.
>
> It *IS NOT* an Odyssey.


It's much more an Odyssey than it isn't. The drivetrain is virtually
identical save for the awd portion.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2008, 02:57 pm
G-Man
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?

I have an '05 that has been flawless.

G-Man


"LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:B8Odnfd3TL817AvanZ2dnUVZ_siknZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> I'm looking to buy a used (but not older) Pilot. Mileage isn't a concern
> as I only drive ~10 miles per year. Per Consumer Reports, it appears 2006
> is much better that 2005. Anyone agree?
> Thanks
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 30 Jan 2008, 04:40 pm
LT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Used Pilot?


"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news:elmop-41845A.20340423012008@nntp1.usenetserver.com...
> In article <Xns9A2EA9EFB23FDthefrogprince@69.28.173.184>,
> Larry in AZ <usenet2@DE.LETE.THISljvideo.com> wrote:
>
>> > stop kidding yourself and buy an Odyssey minivan
>> > the Pilot is just an Odyssey with a SUV-like body
>> > need AWD? buy a Sienna AWD

>>
>> The Pilot may be built on the Odyssey frame, but the drive train is out
>> of
>> the Acura MDX. Much heavier duty, and the vehicle rides considerably
>> higher
>> and differently.
>>
>> It *IS NOT* an Odyssey.

>
> It's much more an Odyssey than it isn't. The drivetrain is virtually
> identical save for the awd portion.


Thanks for nothing guys......


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is best? A 2006 Honda Pilot SUV with full-time 4WD? Or the Pilot with 2WD and the VCM system? aubie69 Honda Technical 2 16 Aug 2007 05:15 am
'03 Pilot Ci Honda 2 2 05 Oct 2006 06:20 am
Add NAV to 03 Pilot LX? Rocky Honda 2 14 05 Mar 2006 04:52 pm
05 pilot sligo Honda 2 4 28 Mar 2005 10:23 pm
Re: Do you get 22 mpg on your Pilot ? tinsleyc@nospamplease.hotmail.com Honda 3 3 09 Sep 2003 06:22 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.