Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 08:45 am
JRL
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
someone give me an alternative please. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 09:07 am
maumee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

On Dec 3, 8:45 am, JRL <leclo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks


Check at Autozone. In my area this plug cost about $10.00 US. If there
is no Autozone near you can mail order from them.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 09:17 am
JRL
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 06:07:46 -0800 (PST), maumee <maumee110@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Dec 3, 8:45 am, JRL <leclo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
>> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
>> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
>> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
>> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

>
>Check at Autozone. In my area this plug cost about $10.00 US. If there
>is no Autozone near you can mail order from them.


I forgot to mention I am iin Canada. No Autozone

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 09:29 am
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

JRL wrote:
> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks


---------------------------

In Canada: NAPA, Canadian Tire, Bumper to Bumper, PartSource (which is
Canadian Tire).
If you just got the car, put a can of injector cleaner in it too.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 09:37 am
JRL
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:29:50 -0700, motsco_ <motsco_@interbaun.com>
wrote:

>JRL wrote:
>> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
>> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
>> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
>> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
>> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

>
>---------------------------
>
>In Canada: NAPA, Canadian Tire, Bumper to Bumper, PartSource (which is
>Canadian Tire).
>If you just got the car, put a can of injector cleaner in it too.
>
>'Curly'



It was NAPA that quoted me $25 per plug. Iwas looking for suggestions
on alternate plugs. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 10:19 am
nick@nowhere.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

The 4 cylinder spark plugs are only 3.29 list at the Honda dealer
(discounted to 2.63).



On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:37:31 GMT, JRL <lecloony@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:29:50 -0700, motsco_ <motsco_@interbaun.com>
>wrote:
>
>>JRL wrote:
>>> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
>>> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
>>> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
>>> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
>>> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

>>
>>---------------------------
>>
>>In Canada: NAPA, Canadian Tire, Bumper to Bumper, PartSource (which is
>>Canadian Tire).
>>If you just got the car, put a can of injector cleaner in it too.
>>
>>'Curly'

>
>
>It was NAPA that quoted me $25 per plug. Iwas looking for suggestions
>on alternate plugs. Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 11:23 am
M.Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes


"JRL" <lecloony@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1q18l3t2lg7b4eilso0s6p9ovrg7d2v8ru@4ax.com...
>I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks


Platinum = $$$, but hey they last for more than 100k miles.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03 Dec 2007, 12:39 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

JRL <lecloony@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:1q18l3t2lg7b4eilso0s6p9ovrg7d2v8ru@4ax.com:

> I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
> I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
> cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
> NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
> someone give me an alternative please. Thanks


go online to Advance Auto or partsamerica.com and check their plug
offerings and prices. Rock Auto is another good online parts source.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 Dec 2007, 11:02 am
Frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

On Dec 3, 11:23 am, "M.Paul" <mpaulcrui...@NOyahoo.SPAM.com> wrote:
> "JRL" <leclo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1q18l3t2lg7b4eilso0s6p9ovrg7d2v8ru@4ax.com...
>
> >I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
> > I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
> > cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
> >NGKPZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
> > someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

>
> Platinum = $$$, but hey they last for more than 100k miles.


Hi

FYI

Just a note, you can get the same original NGK plug PZFR5F-11 for only
$11.71 per plug at:
http://www.clubplug.net

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05 Dec 2007, 07:50 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Plugs yikes

Frank <frankv@clubplug.net> wrote in news:8a01a6ff-4248-4efe-9fa8-
5bd7e6b448e1@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> On Dec 3, 11:23 am, "M.Paul" <mpaulcrui...@NOyahoo.SPAM.com> wrote:
>> "JRL" <leclo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1q18l3t2lg7b4eilso0s6p9ovrg7d2v8ru@4ax.com...
>>
>> >I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug.
>> > I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4
>> > cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
>> >NGKPZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could
>> > someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

>>
>> Platinum = $$$, but hey they last for more than 100k miles.

>
> Hi
>
> FYI
>
> Just a note, you can get the same original NGK plug PZFR5F-11 for only
> $11.71 per plug at:
> http://www.clubplug.net
>
>




And whatever you do, DON'T substitute any non-NGK, non-platinum, $3 plugs.

Use the correct part number NGK plug.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do I change the 3 back spark plugs in a 2000 Acura 3.2TL? DANNY Acura Technical 2 01 Nov 2007 12:12 pm
are NGK spark plugs the best spark plugs for a 98 honda civic dx? neo Honda Technical 7 30 Sep 2007 06:54 pm
Yikes!!! Stuck in Park - Brake Lights Not Working - More Troubles! DownTurn Acura 5 10 Apr 2005 08:43 am
Spark Plugs for 1999 Acura CL & 2000 Acura TL Devin Acura 2 05 Feb 2005 08:56 am
Civic 2000 spark plugs ppupet Honda 2 8 17 Sep 2004 11:04 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.