Honda Car Forum

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2017, 02:45 pm
lezawang@gmail.com

Default maybe waterpump noise

Hi
I have Honda civic 2001 manual (172km). I started hearing a noise coming from the engine. Similar to the falling waterpump noise in this site( http://mycarmakesnoise.com/full-sound-library/). The noise comes seconds after I start the engine and lasts for 10-15 seconds. It will not change if I press the gas paddle. Also that noise will start for 5 seconds when I take a break. I tried to use DW40 to lubricate any pulley I can see/access to, but didnot help. It has been more than 1 week and same noise every time I start the engine.

Yesterday I noticed something really strange. My radio/cd player has not been working for long time and sometime it generate scratching noise (like assshhhhh). That noise will disappear when I turn the headlight on!! So yesterday I tried to turn the headlight on and all the sudden I hear the noise coming from the engine. So whenever I turn the light on that noise starts!!

Any idea what is going on? I suspect the waterpump.

Thank you.