Honda Car Forum

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2015, 04:24 pm
Michael

Default hvac light problem

I have a 2000 accord LX. The lights on the push buttons for the HVAC controls are intermittent. The controls work fine. It seems to happen more when it's cold. Possibly a common ground to those lamps somewhere? When they don't work, they all don't work. Then if I hit the buttons a few times, they start working again. Is there a lamp relay somewhere, or a common fuse? It's just those lights...the dash lights and other indicators work fine. TIA.

mm
Old 11 Mar 2015, 10:59 am
jrknorr@gmail.com

Default Re: hvac light problem

only my 2 cents worth....
with my '00 EX, I once had a problem where the hvac controls would randomly and intermittently control the damper flap in the vent system.
Dealer solution was to replace the hvac control unit. It comes out easily after taking out the trim around the radio and control buttons.
I had taken it out previously to change out a couple of display bulbs for the main screen.
The unit is one sealed piece, and maybe you can find an obvious disconnect to the grounding question. Otherwise, it's a modular component and may not be worth troubleshooting.
When the dealer replaced mine, it was a "recycled" (i.e. junk yard source in plain language) part because new part is no longer available. Flapper problem fixed. (had I known, I probably could have saved some bucks ordering myself).
Good luck.