Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 Nov 2014, 04:56 pm
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

I was at low mark and then added like 1/4 quart (250 ml or so) and the thing seems to have gone up past the max. Well, it's really hard to read and the transmission is cold. What's the level b/ min & max?

I own a 2003 Pilot. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27 Nov 2014, 08:31 pm
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 4:56:11 PM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
> I was at low mark and then added like 1/4 quart (250 ml or so) and the thing seems to have gone up past the max. Well, it's really hard to read and the transmission is cold. What's the level b/ min & max?
>
> I own a 2003 Pilot. Thanks!


Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Nov 2014, 08:01 pm
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:31:48 PM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 27, 2014 4:56:11 PM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
> > I was at low mark and then added like 1/4 quart (250 ml or so) and the thing seems to have gone up past the max. Well, it's really hard to read and the transmission is cold. What's the level b/ min & max?
> >
> > I own a 2003 Pilot. Thanks!

>
> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.


Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic transmissions are measured with the engine off...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Nov 2014, 08:32 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

Tony54 <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote in
news:ee672734-d27d-4fd4-a9f4-9bbdb3c764d7@googlegroups.com:

>>
>> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart
>> spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.

>
> Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic
> transmissions are measured with the engine off...
>




The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured
1) with the engine HOT, and
2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.

Just for you, I did a Google search:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...c+transmission

And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:14 am
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:32:50 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
> Tony54 <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote in
> news:ee672734-d27d-4fd4-a9f4-9bbdb3c764d7@googlegroups.com:
>
> >>
> >> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart
> >> spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.

> >
> > Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic
> > transmissions are measured with the engine off...
> >

>
>
>
> The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured
> 1) with the engine HOT, and
> 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.
>
> Just for you, I did a Google search:
> https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...c+transmission
>
> And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!
>
> --
> Tegger


Thanks!

So the guy was actually right.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:14:15 AM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
> On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:32:50 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
> > Tony54 <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote in
> > news:ee672734-d27d-4fd4-a9f4-9bbdb3c764d7@googlegroups.com:
> >
> > >>
> > >> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart
> > >> spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.
> > >
> > > Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic
> > > transmissions are measured with the engine off...
> > >

> >
> >
> >
> > The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured
> > 1) with the engine HOT, and
> > 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.
> >
> > Just for you, I did a Google search:
> > https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...c+transmission
> >
> > And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!
> >
> > --
> > Tegger

>
> Thanks!
>
> So the guy was actually right.


Confirmed by the manual: Engine off!

I went through it before and paid little attention to that part since I thought it was a given the engine had to be running.

There's an issue with it, which is adding oil is a pain since the opening for the stick is so small. No funnel fits. I was lucky NOT to put too much fluid.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30 Nov 2014, 12:36 am
Al
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On 11/29/2014 10:18 PM, Tony54 wrote:
> On Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:14:15 AM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:32:50 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
>>> Tony54 <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote in
>>> news:ee672734-d27d-4fd4-a9f4-9bbdb3c764d7@googlegroups.com:
>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart
>>>>> spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.
>>>>
>>>> Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic
>>>> transmissions are measured with the engine off...
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured
>>> 1) with the engine HOT, and
>>> 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.
>>>
>>> Just for you, I did a Google search:
>>> https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...c+transmission
>>>
>>> And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tegger

>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> So the guy was actually right.

>
> Confirmed by the manual: Engine off!
>
> I went through it before and paid little attention to that part since I thought it was a given the engine had to be running.
>
> There's an issue with it, which is adding oil is a pain since the opening for the stick is so small. No funnel fits. I was lucky NOT to put too much fluid.
>


Did you look for a 'fill' plug located about 6 inches back (toward the
firewall) from the dipstick? That's how you fill many of the Accords,
I'd guess pilot might be the same.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm
Tony54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 12:36:07 AM UTC-5, Al wrote:
> On 11/29/2014 10:18 PM, Tony54 wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:14:15 AM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:
> >> On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:32:50 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
> >>> Tony54 <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote in
> >>> news:ee672734-d27d-4fd4-a9f4-9bbdb3c764d7@googlegroups.com:
> >>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart
> >>>>> spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.
> >>>>
> >>>> Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic
> >>>> transmissions are measured with the engine off...
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured
> >>> 1) with the engine HOT, and
> >>> 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.
> >>>
> >>> Just for you, I did a Google search:
> >>> https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...c+transmission
> >>>
> >>> And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Tegger
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> So the guy was actually right.

> >
> > Confirmed by the manual: Engine off!
> >
> > I went through it before and paid little attention to that part since I thought it was a given the engine had to be running.
> >
> > There's an issue with it, which is adding oil is a pain since the opening for the stick is so small. No funnel fits. I was lucky NOT to put too much fluid.
> >

>
> Did you look for a 'fill' plug located about 6 inches back (toward the
> firewall) from the dipstick? That's how you fill many of the Accords,
> I'd guess pilot might be the same.


Yep, it's there. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
97 Honda Civic Low Transmission Fluid for 600 Miles (can I still drive it with fluid replaced)? aaron Honda Technical 1 12 Sep 2013 05:01 am
Can you use transmission fluid in place of power steering fluid? Nic Honda Technical 5 02 Sep 2011 12:30 pm
1994 Acura Legend, I accidentally mixed transmission fluid with power steering fluid. Do I need Robert D Acura Technical 6 24 Aug 2007 10:18 am
Accord Transmission Fluid & Brake Fluid Problems ? Robert11 Honda 2 8 18 Feb 2007 11:33 pm
Accord Brake Fluid & Transmission Fluid Problems ? Robert11 Honda 3 0 11 Feb 2007 03:08 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.