Honda Car Forum

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:42 am
Dave

Default 03 Accord radio light

I was wondering if anyone has had a second failure of the radio light on their Accord. Mine failed after about 3 years, was reimbursed when Honda putan extended warrantee on the unit. Apparently most of them failed in the 2-3 year time frame. The problem was just the backlight; all the functionsworked properly, just needed to shine a flashlight on the panel to see what was going on.

So far, the replacement has been working with no issues, but am concerned about having to eat the cost myself if the replacement unit dies.

Anyone have recent failures, especially on the replacement? Is there a DIYmeans to repair a failed unit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm
cameo

Default Re: 03 Accord radio light

On 11/21/2013 5:42 AM, Dave wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has had a second failure of the radio light on their Accord. Mine failed after about 3 years, was reimbursed when Honda put an extended warrantee on the unit. Apparently most of them failed in the 2-3 year time frame. The problem was just the backlight; all the functions worked properly, just needed to shine a flashlight on the panel to see what was going on.
>
> So far, the replacement has been working with no issues, but am concerned about having to eat the cost myself if the replacement unit dies.
>
> Anyone have recent failures, especially on the replacement? Is there a DIY means to repair a failed unit?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

I had the LED lights go out on my '94 Accord, but past the warranty
period. Now I have an after-market unit in its place that's much better.