Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 10:13 pm
BBALLFREAK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Civic SI Mileage

I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
of gas now?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 11:01 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

BBALLFREAK wrote:
> I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
> than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
> of gas now?
>

is the si even available in automatic?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 11:22 pm
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

BBALLFREAK wrote:

> I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
> than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
> of gas now?


The Si Only comes in a Manual Tranny, so there is nothing to compare it to.
As for mileage, the Si is not built for mileage. I average about 25-27 in
mixed driving, and can get about 32 on the highway.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 07:08 pm
tww1491
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage


"Joe LaVigne" <jlavigne@hits-buffalo.com> wrote in message
news:f83ur3$e9t$1@news.datemas.de...
> BBALLFREAK wrote:
>
>> I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
>> than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
>> of gas now?

>
> The Si Only comes in a Manual Tranny, so there is nothing to compare it
> to.
> As for mileage, the Si is not built for mileage. I average about 25-27 in
> mixed driving, and can get about 32 on the highway.
>

That's about what I got with my 01 Prelude when I owned it.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:04 am
isquat@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

On Jul 23, 8:13 pm, BBALLFREAK <yao...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
> than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
> of gas now?


Si is for people who want fun.
For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 03:14 am
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

isquat@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 23, 8:13 pm, BBALLFREAK <yao...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds
>>than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price
>>of gas now?

>
>
> Si is for people who want fun.
> For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.
>



Now you'll have a lot of Si owners thinking that maybe they bought a
car for idiots...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 04:50 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

In article <1185339899.865473.255390@x35g2000prf.googlegroups .com>,
isquat@gmail.com wrote:

> Si is for people who want fun.
> For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.


Ever driven a Prius?

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 09:13 am
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article <1185339899.865473.255390@x35g2000prf.googlegroups .com>,
> isquat@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Si is for people who want fun.
>> For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.

>
> Ever driven a Prius?


I've not (nor would I call one a shit box), but I am getting curious now,
after seeing that a guy was able to get 168 Mpg out of one...

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:51 am
G-Man
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

I have a 2007 Prius shitbox, and I love it.

I also have a 2006 Accord and a 2005 Pilot. But I am averaging 55mpg for my
commuting.

G-Man


"Joe LaVigne" <jlavigne@hits-buffalo.com> wrote in message
news:f87lr7$uni$1@news.datemas.de...
> Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> In article <1185339899.865473.255390@x35g2000prf.googlegroups .com>,
>> isquat@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Si is for people who want fun.
>>> For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.

>>
>> Ever driven a Prius?

>
> I've not (nor would I call one a shit box), but I am getting curious now,
> after seeing that a guy was able to get 168 Mpg out of one...
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 11:04 am
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Civic SI Mileage

G-Man wrote:

> I have a 2007 Prius shitbox, and I love it.
>
> I also have a 2006 Accord and a 2005 Pilot. But I am averaging 55mpg for
> my commuting.


There was a segment on Good Morning America yesterday. There is a group of
guys in (IIRC) So Cal that have competitions for best mileage. They break
a number of safety rules to get there, of course, and probably cost
themselves more in tires and such than they save in gas, but it was at
least interesting...

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civic Si mileage Body Roll Honda 2 2 21 Jul 2006 11:01 pm
'06 Civic Mileage higgledy Honda 2 20 06 Mar 2006 05:25 pm
Low mileage with my '97 Civic EX SK Honda 2 11 01 Dec 2005 10:30 pm
civic mileage jorg Honda 2 3 21 Sep 2003 12:53 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.