Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2007, 05:16 pm
Sparrow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

Read about it at http://Muvy.org

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2007, 07:43 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

Sparrow <funnybunnyfive@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1184969770.149959.123120@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

> Read about it at http://Muvy.org
>
>




M'kay. Lemme see now...

You want to make hydrocarbons from oxycarbons.

Where is the hydrogen going to come from? How will you crack the hydrogen
from its chemical prison? How will you split the oxygen from the carbon in
the first place? And how will you bind the relevant chemicals together so
as to create the needed cetanes?

And can you do all this in any sort of economically plausible manner?


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2007, 09:46 pm
JXStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:43:46 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m>
wrote:

>M'kay. Lemme see now...
>
>You want to make hydrocarbons from oxycarbons.
>
>Where is the hydrogen going to come from? How will you crack the hydrogen
>from its chemical prison? How will you split the oxygen from the carbon in
>the first place? And how will you bind the relevant chemicals together so
>as to create the needed cetanes?


Wot's a cetane?

As for the rest, simply break up one oxygen atom into eight hydrogen
atoms, save the excess neutrons as neutronium, and live on the
interest! I'm sure the zero-point energy of the other oxygen atom can
be used to catalyze the reaction. And the excess gamma radiation can
charge your cell-phone batteries!

Any questions, I'll be down in engineering working on the phaser
controls.

J.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jul 2007, 06:31 am
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:43:46 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> Sparrow <funnybunnyfive@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1184969770.149959.123120@
> 22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Read about it at http://Muvy.org
>>
>>
>>

>
>
> M'kay. Lemme see now...
>
> You want to make hydrocarbons from oxycarbons.
>
> Where is the hydrogen going to come from? How will you crack the hydrogen
> from its chemical prison? How will you split the oxygen from the carbon in
> the first place? And how will you bind the relevant chemicals together so
> as to create the needed cetanes?
>
> And can you do all this in any sort of economically plausible manner?




Hmmm...I wonder...

I found a bunch of old lead piping and plumbing fixtures from when the
house was 'converted' to copper plumbing. I wonder if the OP has something
that can turn it into gold for me...


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jul 2007, 07:24 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

JXStern <JXSternChangeX2R@gte.net> wrote in
news:qes2a39hjtfb9pot29dkipe5eeh2r2b1k8@4ax.com:

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:43:46 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m>
> wrote:
>
>>M'kay. Lemme see now...
>>
>>You want to make hydrocarbons from oxycarbons.
>>
>>Where is the hydrogen going to come from? How will you crack the
>>hydrogen from its chemical prison? How will you split the oxygen from
>>the carbon in the first place? And how will you bind the relevant
>>chemicals together so as to create the needed cetanes?

>
> Wot's a cetane?




What diesel is made of.



>
> As for the rest, simply break up one oxygen atom into eight hydrogen
> atoms, save the excess neutrons as neutronium, and live on the
> interest! I'm sure the zero-point energy of the other oxygen atom can
> be used to catalyze the reaction. And the excess gamma radiation can
> charge your cell-phone batteries!
>
> Any questions, I'll be down in engineering working on the phaser
> controls.
>



10-4, Scotty.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2007, 08:36 pm
Steve Spence
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

Biodiesel isn't made with Carbon Dioxide. I couldn't find the article, just
a poor attempt at generating clicks.

--
Steve Spence
Director, Green-Trust
http://www.green-trust.org
http://www.green-trust.org/bookshop/

"Sparrow" <funnybunnyfive@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1184969770.149959.123120@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
> Read about it at http://Muvy.org
>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2007, 08:58 pm
Eric Gisin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

Sure it is, all life is made from H2O and CO2 or carbonates.

"Steve Spence" <sspence@green-trust.org> wrote in message news:46a3d423$1_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
> Biodiesel isn't made with Carbon Dioxide. I couldn't find the article, just
> a poor attempt at generating clicks.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2007, 09:17 pm
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe tomake biodiesel

Eric Gisin wrote:
> Sure it is, all life is made from H2O and CO2 or carbonates.


Biodiesel is life?

Wow, you've discovered a new form of life.

Congrats.

Cheers,

Rich


> "Steve Spence" <sspence@green-trust.org> wrote in message
> news:46a3d423$1_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>> Biodiesel isn't made with Carbon Dioxide. I couldn't find the article,
>> just a poor attempt at generating clicks.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2007, 11:58 pm
Eric Gisin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe to make biodiesel

"Rich" <someone@someplace.not> wrote in message
news:7Kednfu9xYPtkjnbnZ2dnUVZ_uPinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Eric Gisin wrote:
>> Sure it is, all life is made from H2O and CO2 or carbonates.

>
> Biodiesel is life?
>
> Wow, you've discovered a new form of life.
>

****ing retard. Did you parents wack you head every day?

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 05:08 am
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Greenbox device captures carbon dioxide from your tail-pipe tomake biodiesel

Eric Gisin wrote:
> "Rich" <someone@someplace.not> wrote in message
> news:7Kednfu9xYPtkjnbnZ2dnUVZ_uPinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> Eric Gisin wrote:
>>> Sure it is, all life is made from H2O and CO2 or carbonates.

>>
>> Biodiesel is life?
>>
>> Wow, you've discovered a new form of life.

>
> ****ing retard. Did you parents wack you head every day?


Why, did yours?

Cheers,

Rich


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
water in tail pipe hector Acura 2 25 Sep 2006 07:08 pm
Tail Pipe Soot - 2001 Prelude Sooty Tailpipe Honda 2 4 15 Mar 2006 10:46 am
Tail Pipe Soot - 2001 Prelude Sooty Tailpipe Honda 3 7 15 Mar 2006 10:46 am
Tail Pipe Soot - 2001 Prelude Sooty Tailpipe Honda 1 3 14 Mar 2006 09:35 pm
EX tail pipe covers AL^27 Honda 2 0 11 May 2005 04:26 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.