Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 01:03 pm
www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for your vehicle!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

Hi Folks

I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to
get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at
the bottom of the tank.

:-)

Is this normal?

Just curious.

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 01:08 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

"www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for
your vehicle!" <clubplug@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1184609026.090844.44230
@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> Hi Folks
>
> I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to
> get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
> gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at
> the bottom of the tank.
>
>:-)
>
> Is this normal?
>




For <gag> aftermarket, yes.

You might have been better off to get the old one repaired, or get a good
used one from the wrekcers.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 01:09 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

The fuel tank parts drawing for the 93 Civic accessible via
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com does indeed show a drain bolt.
(This surprised me, because I thought the custom was to
siphon gas out through the fuel filler when problems arose
with the fuel.)


"www.NGKPartFinder.com -
> Hi Folks
>
> I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic.
> I decided to
> get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the
> price for the
> gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain
> Bolt" at
> the bottom of the tank.
>
> :-)
>
> Is this normal?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Thanks
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 01:15 pm
http://www.ClubPlug.net - Your Source for Online Spark Plug Cross Reference Catalogs!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

On Jul 16, 2:08 pm, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
> "www.NGKPartFinder.com- Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for
> your vehicle!" <clubp...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1184609026.090844.44230
> @n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hi Folks

>
> > I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to
> > get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
> > gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at
> > the bottom of the tank.

>
> >:-)

>
> > Is this normal?

>
> For <gag> aftermarket, yes.
>
> You might have been better off to get the old one repaired, or get a good
> used one from the wrekcers.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Hi Tegger

I was thinking of getting one from the "Scrap Yard" but then I
thought, a new jobber tank would last longer.

I guess the only problem I foresee with no drain plug, is if I ever
need to change it again, I would have to siphon gas out.
Just need to make sure I don't drink it.
:-)

Thanks
Frank

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 10:16 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

Tegger wrote:
> "www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for
> your vehicle!" <clubplug@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1184609026.090844.44230
> @n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to
>> get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
>> gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at
>> the bottom of the tank.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Is this normal?
>>

>
>
>
> For <gag> aftermarket, yes.
>
> You might have been better off to get the old one repaired, or get a good
> used one from the wrekcers.
>
>


unfortunately, gas tanks are a rare commodity from the wreckers.
heathens that they are, they don't bother unbolting the drain to empty
the tank, they simply pierce with a spike. dead tank. no sale.

thanks to detroit mainly - they frequently don't bother with drain
plugs, so piercing is the /only/ way. and once the habit is formed...
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jul 2007, 10:07 am
Torbjørn Pettersen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for
your vehicle! wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to
> get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
> gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at
> the bottom of the tank.
>
> :-)
>
> Is this normal?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Thanks


It's always preferable to have a drain bolt, not only if you later need
to change the tank, but also if you ever need to drain it for some
reason. Wrong type of fuel filled, some bugger pouring sugar in your
tank and so on. Any reason you'd need for completely draining your tank. :-)

Cheers,
Torbjørn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Bolt through condensor" on 2000 Accord? Pete from Boston Honda 3 6 17 Jul 2007 10:36 pm
"Bolt through condensor" on 2000 Accord? Pete from Boston Honda 2 4 17 Jul 2007 09:44 pm
"No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank? www.ClubPlug.net - Your Source for Spark Plugs! Honda 2 0 16 Jul 2007 01:05 pm
Is "the distributor" a bolt-on modular item? Dave O Honda 2 11 11 Jan 2007 10:21 am
Bolt "headaches" - transmission oil change 3.2 TL 2000 vinniemak Acura 4 07 Aug 2003 09:08 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.