Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2007, 06:53 am
random electron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

Hi

Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:19 am
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
> Hi
>
> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?



You have to install an auto-start unit first.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2007, 07:57 pm
random electron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
@newsfe12.lga:

> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>> Hi
>>
>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?

>
>
> You have to install an auto-start unit first.
>


Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:24 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
news:Xns996DD5304A18Cfakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
> @newsfe12.lga:
>
>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?

>>
>> You have to install an auto-start unit first.

>
> Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?


Unless you are asking for a step-by-step walkthrough of installing a unit,
no, not really.

You want to add a remote control starter to your car, you will have to buy
an appropriate unit and install it. There are many makes and models.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2007, 09:10 pm
random electron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:eyfmi.115$DJ2.61@newsfe12.lga:

> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns996DD5304A18Cfakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
>> @newsfe12.lga:
>>
>>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>>> Hi
>>>>
>>>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?
>>>
>>> You have to install an auto-start unit first.

>>
>> Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?

>
> Unless you are asking for a step-by-step walkthrough of installing a
> unit, no, not really.
>
> You want to add a remote control starter to your car, you will have to
> buy an appropriate unit and install it. There are many makes and
> models.
>
>
>

No, I'm not looking for a step by step. More precisely, I am interested in
adding OEM equipment. So if it were a matter of buying the radio, or
enabling a feature in the Honda computer or buying a Honda key with a
remote start button.... That's what I was really looking for.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2007, 09:37 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

random electron wrote:
> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:eyfmi.115$DJ2.61@newsfe12.lga:
>
>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>> news:Xns996DD5304A18Cfakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
>>> @newsfe12.lga:
>>>
>>>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>>>> Hi
>>>>>
>>>>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?
>>>> You have to install an auto-start unit first.
>>> Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?

>> Unless you are asking for a step-by-step walkthrough of installing a
>> unit, no, not really.
>>
>> You want to add a remote control starter to your car, you will have to
>> buy an appropriate unit and install it. There are many makes and
>> models.
>>
>>
>>

> No, I'm not looking for a step by step. More precisely, I am interested in
> adding OEM equipment. So if it were a matter of buying the radio, or
> enabling a feature in the Honda computer or buying a Honda key with a
> remote start button.... That's what I was really looking for.
>
> Thanks


remote start is not a great idea. engine wear is greatest when the
engine is cold. remote start ensures the engine reaches operating
temperature as slowly as possible - it's much better to start and drive
away immediately as it minimizes the time at which the engine is
operating cold. habitual use of remote start also increases the rate at
which engine oil contaminates - for the same reason.

if you're interested in remote start for climatic reasons, you're better
off with a block heater and synthetic oil.

oh, and remote start also requires you leave a key near the ignition
sensor so the security chip can disarm the computer lock.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 09:09 pm
random electron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

jim beam <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in
news:GdydnWA1I7NARAfbnZ2dnUVZ_tKjnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> random electron wrote:
>> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> news:eyfmi.115$DJ2.61@newsfe12.lga:
>>
>>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns996DD5304A18Cfakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>>> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
>>>> @newsfe12.lga:
>>>>
>>>>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>>>>> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>>>>> Hi
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?
>>>>> You have to install an auto-start unit first.
>>>> Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?
>>> Unless you are asking for a step-by-step walkthrough of installing a
>>> unit, no, not really.
>>>
>>> You want to add a remote control starter to your car, you will have
>>> to buy an appropriate unit and install it. There are many makes and
>>> models.
>>>
>>>
>>>

>> No, I'm not looking for a step by step. More precisely, I am
>> interested in adding OEM equipment. So if it were a matter of buying
>> the radio, or enabling a feature in the Honda computer or buying a
>> Honda key with a remote start button.... That's what I was really
>> looking for.
>>
>> Thanks

>
> remote start is not a great idea. engine wear is greatest when the
> engine is cold. remote start ensures the engine reaches operating
> temperature as slowly as possible - it's much better to start and
> drive away immediately as it minimizes the time at which the engine is
> operating cold. habitual use of remote start also increases the rate
> at which engine oil contaminates - for the same reason.
>
> if you're interested in remote start for climatic reasons, you're
> better off with a block heater and synthetic oil.
>
> oh, and remote start also requires you leave a key near the ignition
> sensor so the security chip can disarm the computer lock.
>


Thanks for your help and insight.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 09:50 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
news:Xns996EE17ED5604fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:eyfmi.115$DJ2.61@newsfe12.lga:
>
>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>> news:Xns996DD5304A18Cfakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>> "Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in newsW4mi.4$Kf1.0
>>> @newsfe12.lga:
>>>
>>>> "random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:Xns996D50464AEA3fakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
>>>>> Hi
>>>>>
>>>>> Is the Pilot capable of remote start? If so, can it be activated?
>>>>
>>>> You have to install an auto-start unit first.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the response. Can you tell me more?

>>
>> Unless you are asking for a step-by-step walkthrough of installing a
>> unit, no, not really.
>>
>> You want to add a remote control starter to your car, you will have to
>> buy an appropriate unit and install it. There are many makes and
>> models.
>>

> No, I'm not looking for a step by step. More precisely, I am interested in
> adding OEM equipment. So if it were a matter of buying the radio, or
> enabling a feature in the Honda computer or buying a Honda key with a
> remote start button.... That's what I was really looking for.



I know of no OEM unit to do this. That's why I say there are many makes and
models. This is an aftermarket device.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 09:51 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

"jim beam" <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in message
news:GdydnWA1I7NARAfbnZ2dnUVZ_tKjnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...
>
> oh, and remote start also requires you leave a key near the ignition
> sensor so the security chip can disarm the computer lock.



This part hasn't been true in a long time (at least when dealing with a
decent brand and reputable shop). The better brands have add-on modules
that memorize your key's signature and re-broadcast it when it receives a
proper signal from the starter's main module. It lies dormant otherwise.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jul 2007, 10:11 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - remote start

Seth wrote:
> "jim beam" <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in message
> news:GdydnWA1I7NARAfbnZ2dnUVZ_tKjnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...
>>
>> oh, and remote start also requires you leave a key near the ignition
>> sensor so the security chip can disarm the computer lock.

>
>
> This part hasn't been true in a long time (at least when dealing with a
> decent brand and reputable shop). The better brands have add-on modules
> that memorize your key's signature and re-broadcast it when it receives
> a proper signal from the starter's main module. It lies dormant otherwise.
>


fair enough. but now i can capture the code from /that/ transmitter
instead and i /still/ don't need the key!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hacking the pilot 2007 random electron Honda 2 0 24 Jul 2007 10:18 pm
Honda Pilot EXL 2007 - AUX on radio random electron Honda 2 0 14 Jul 2007 06:51 am
1997 Honda Accord Alarm/Remote Start Question Brian Lamendola Honda 3 2 24 Jan 2004 01:16 pm
Remote Start 1989 Honda Accord Manaul Trans Keyur Lavingia Honda 2 0 22 Sep 2003 10:18 pm
Remote Start 1989 Honda Accord Manaul Trans Keyur Lavingia Honda 3 0 22 Sep 2003 10:18 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.