Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jul 2007, 01:48 pm
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default How to change Transmission fluid on 2000 Civic

I don't have a manual but I think I need to change the fluid. I can't
find it underneath, do I need to take off the skirt?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jul 2007, 05:12 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to change Transmission fluid on 2000 Civic

Joe <joe5345@gmail.com> wrote in news:1184179724.465175.254080
@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> I don't have a manual but I think I need to change the fluid. I can't
> find it underneath, do I need to take off the skirt?
>



Go here:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Click on "Owner's Manuals" from the menu at left (no login required), then
navigate to your car. The instructions on how to change the transmission
fluid are there.

You can save all the PDF files that make up this manual and print it out
for yourself.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:05 pm
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to change Transmission fluid on 2000 Civic

On Jul 11, 6:12 pm, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
> Joe <joe5...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1184179724.465175.254080
> @n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I don't have a manual but I think I need to change the fluid. I can't
> > find it underneath, do I need to take off the skirt?

>
> Go here:https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>
> Click on "Owner's Manuals" from the menu at left (no login required), then
> navigate to your car. The instructions on how to change the transmission
> fluid are there.
>
> You can save all the PDF files that make up this manual and print it out
> for yourself.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/


thanks but when I download the doc it only gives me the table of
contents. Is there any trick to it?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:36 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How to change Transmission fluid on 2000 Civic

Joe <joe5345@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1184205953.356092.311360@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com:

> On Jul 11, 6:12 pm, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
>> Joe <joe5...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1184179724.465175.254080
>> @n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > I don't have a manual but I think I need to change the fluid. I
>> > can't find it underneath, do I need to take off the skirt?

>>
>> Go here:https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>
>> Click on "Owner's Manuals" from the menu at left (no login required),
>> then navigate to your car. The instructions on how to change the
>> transmission fluid are there.
>>
>> You can save all the PDF files that make up this manual and print it
>> out for yourself.
>>


>
> thanks but when I download the doc it only gives me the table of
> contents. Is there any trick to it?
>
>



There is.

Click on the first thing in the Table of Contents. See the number of pages
reported in the PDF window? Click the right-facing arrow at upper right
until the count changes. At that point, it's a new PDF with its own group
of pages. The PDF page groupings come over in batches. You need to save
each PDF separately (click the floppy disk icon in the PDF window).

PITA? For sure. But it beats paying the dealer for a paper copy.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I change my transmission fluid? phaser Honda 3 19 25 Mar 2007 12:22 am
UPDATE - Manual Transmission Fluid Change Big Brother Honda 2 2 03 Jul 2006 01:44 pm
Resonable Price for a Manual Transmission Fluid change Big Brother Honda 2 7 27 Jun 2006 11:54 am
How to change Transmission Fluid CIVIC 93 LX.. Automatic Transmission LX: Please Help Sahin Honda 3 7 14 Apr 2004 02:22 pm
Would changing transmission fluid at every oil change hurt anything Wacka Wacka Woo Honda 2 3 05 Oct 2003 10:50 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.