Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 09:33 am
JXStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default driving over antifreeze

Some kind of goop leaked from a locker in the parking area and I
parked in it - thought it was water at the time.

Is any tire damage likely from a day's parking in antifreeze, or any
other sort of greenish automobile liquid likely to be in an old locker
full of such crap?

Thanks.

J.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 11:05 am
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: driving over antifreeze

Sure it wasnt toothpaste?



(Sick current events joke.)

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 11:13 am
E Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: driving over antifreeze




On 6/18/07 9:33 AM, in article 8q5d739avnqkc7lql3gnsb3naljek2vtpo@4ax.com,
"JXStern" <JXSternChangeX2R@gte.net> wrote:

> Some kind of goop leaked from a locker in the parking area and I
> parked in it - thought it was water at the time.
>
> Is any tire damage likely from a day's parking in antifreeze, or any
> other sort of greenish automobile liquid likely to be in an old locker
> full of such crap?
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.
>


If it was just anti-freeze, then no problem. Green goop could be
practically anything though. How do you know it was an automobile liquid?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:43 pm
JXStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: driving over antifreeze

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:13:28 GMT, E Meyer <epmeyer50@msn.com> wrote:

>If it was just anti-freeze, then no problem. Green goop could be
>practically anything though. How do you know it was an automobile liquid?


Neighbor's locker, 99% stuff for automotive fiddling.

I just hosed it out, still not sure, might have just been soap.
Nobody home to open the locker and see what spilled.

J.

ps - toothpaste, heh.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 06:02 pm
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: driving over antifreeze


> ps - toothpaste, heh.


Chinese chemical companies have been selling glycerol -
a cheap poisonous chemical that lowers water freezing temp -
as glycerine - a pricey safe oil used in cosmetics and food.
Killed 40 children in Haiti a few years back.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:34 am
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: driving over antifreeze

rick++ wrote:

>
>> ps - toothpaste, heh.

>
> Chinese chemical companies have been selling glycerol -
> a cheap poisonous chemical that lowers water freezing temp -
> as glycerine - a pricey safe oil used in cosmetics and food.
> Killed 40 children in Haiti a few years back.


Also been showing up in "counterfeit" Crest and Colgate containers being
sold in many of the $1 type stores.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
93 Prelude SI using antifreeze. Help! terrys Honda 3 16 27 Jun 2006 08:58 pm
Re: 93 Prelude SI using antifreeze. Help! johnin Honda 3 0 21 Jun 2006 02:31 pm
Can you mix two different kinds of antifreeze... TeGGeR® Honda 3 0 10 Nov 2005 06:16 pm
Civic antifreeze - how much? Big Kahuna Honda 3 6 23 Jul 2004 10:27 am
Antifreeze in Oil - Headgasket? Jerry Honda 2 7 14 Apr 2004 08:07 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.