Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2007, 07:52 pm
william1977@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 Civic transmission help needed

I just got a 1995 Civic EX coupe and I think that I need to replace
the transmission. What years have the same trans? Should I use the
same trans or is there a better one that will bolt right up?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2007, 08:30 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

<william1977@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1182127937.366152.48320@d30g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...
>I just got a 1995 Civic EX coupe and I think that I need to replace
> the transmission. What years have the same trans? Should I use the
> same trans or is there a better one that will bolt right up?
>
>

Some very useful info will help us help you: automatic, I presume? how many
miles? what are the symptoms? has the ATF been changed regularly with
genuine Honda Z1 ATF?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2007, 09:24 pm
william1977@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

On Jun 17, 6:30 pm, "Michael Pardee" <michaeltn...@cybertrails.com>
wrote:
> <william1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1182127937.366152.48320@d30g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...>I just got a 1995 Civic EX coupe and I think that I need to replace
> > the transmission. What years have the same trans? Should I use the
> > same trans or is there a better one that will bolt right up?

>
> Some very useful info will help us help you: automatic, I presume? how many
> miles? what are the symptoms? has the ATF been changed regularly with
> genuine Honda Z1 ATF?


Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is a manual trans. It has 178k
miles and there is a bearing grinding noise on deceleration and
sometimes on acceleration. It drives down the road great at any speed
and shifts just fine. I'm sure that it's nothing more than an output
shaft bearing. I was planning on getting a trans from pic n pull since
I'm sure that it will be cheaper than having the trans repaired.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 04:37 am
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

william1977@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 17, 6:30 pm, "Michael Pardee" <michaeltn...@cybertrails.com>
> wrote:
>
>><william1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>news:1182127937.366152.48320@d30g2000prg.googleg roups.com...>I just got a 1995 Civic EX coupe and I think that I need to replace
>>
>>>the transmission. What years have the same trans? Should I use the
>>>same trans or is there a better one that will bolt right up?

>>
>>Some very useful info will help us help you: automatic, I presume? how many
>>miles? what are the symptoms? has the ATF been changed regularly with
>>genuine Honda Z1 ATF?

>
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is a manual trans. It has 178k
> miles and there is a bearing grinding noise on deceleration and
> sometimes on acceleration. It drives down the road great at any speed
> and shifts just fine. I'm sure that it's nothing more than an output
> shaft bearing. I was planning on getting a trans from pic n pull since
> I'm sure that it will be cheaper than having the trans repaired.
>



I just bought a '95 Civic EX sedan that had the manual transmission
replaced recently. I figured a previous owner had abused it, but now i"m
wondering...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jun 2007, 07:49 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

william1977@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 17, 6:30 pm, "Michael Pardee" <michaeltn...@cybertrails.com>
> wrote:
>> <william1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1182127937.366152.48320@d30g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...>I just got a 1995 Civic EX coupe and I think that I need to replace
>>> the transmission. What years have the same trans? Should I use the
>>> same trans or is there a better one that will bolt right up?

>> Some very useful info will help us help you: automatic, I presume? how many
>> miles? what are the symptoms? has the ATF been changed regularly with
>> genuine Honda Z1 ATF?

>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is a manual trans. It has 178k
> miles and there is a bearing grinding noise on deceleration and
> sometimes on acceleration. It drives down the road great at any speed
> and shifts just fine. I'm sure that it's nothing more than an output
> shaft bearing. I was planning on getting a trans from pic n pull since
> I'm sure that it will be cheaper than having the trans repaired.
>

get a /much/ lower mileage one from a jdm importer rather than a
domestic junkyard.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2007, 12:29 am
william1977@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed


> get a /much/ lower mileage one from a jdm importer rather than a
> domestic junkyard.


how much is a trans from one of those guys? I wanted to go to a pick n
pull type of place because it will be cheep! If any one can help me
out with my original question I would appreciate some info.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:16 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

william1977@gmail.com wrote:
>> get a /much/ lower mileage one from a jdm importer rather than a
>> domestic junkyard.

>
> how much is a trans from one of those guys? I wanted to go to a pick n
> pull type of place because it will be cheep! If any one can help me
> out with my original question I would appreciate some info.
>

there's loads of places like this:
http://www.nippon-motors.com/honda.htm
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jun 2007, 06:22 pm
caboose1977@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

> there's loads of places like this:http://www.nippon-motors.com/honda.htm

They want $395 for an imported trans. Pick n pull wants $75 I think I
am going to pick n pull but I still would like to have my original
question answered. What other transmissions will work in my car? What
other cars and years can I get a transmission out of?

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jun 2007, 11:06 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

caboose1977@gmail.com wrote:
>> there's loads of places like this:http://www.nippon-motors.com/honda.htm

>
> They want $395 for an imported trans. Pick n pull wants $75 I think I
> am going to pick n pull but I still would like to have my original
> question answered. What other transmissions will work in my car? What
> other cars and years can I get a transmission out of?
>

the import has 30-60k on it. pick-n-pull is more like 150k. your call.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:49 am
william1977@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic transmission help needed

On Jun 21, 9:06 pm, jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote:
> caboose1...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> there's loads of places like this:http://www.nippon-motors.com/honda.htm

>
> > They want $395 for an imported trans. Pick n pull wants $75 I think I
> > am going to pick n pull but I still would like to have my original
> > question answered. What other transmissions will work in my car? What
> > other cars and years can I get a transmission out of?

>
> the import has 30-60k on it. pick-n-pull is more like 150k. your call.


Do you have any idea what other years of Civic that I can get a trans
out of that will bolt up in my car? Can I get one out of a Del Sol or
a CRX how far back can I go in a regular Civic?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
86 civic tie rod ends- help needed K7JOE@yahoo.com Honda 2 2 31 May 2006 07:49 pm
Advice Needed: 03Acura CLS transmission oil change jsalpan Acura 3 23 Dec 2005 08:35 pm
'90 civic A/C problem - help needed! Rad17 Honda 2 3 26 Jun 2004 07:41 pm
Which socket needed for Transmission Plug? AV Acura 1 22 Oct 2003 08:58 am
1996 Honda Accord: Solution needed for auto transmission shifter: Grinding sound jp Honda 3 3 17 Jul 2003 03:36 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.