Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jun 2007, 01:56 pm
JoBlo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 Civic cluster

Hi all!

I've been having problems with my speedometer.I change the VSS twice with no
luck(same bouncy needle).
I'm about to change cluster.I want to know if it is possible to keep the
same odometer(mine has way less milleage),if so how hard is it to swap them?

Thanks in advance!


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jun 2007, 10:12 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic cluster

JoBlo wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been having problems with my speedometer.I change the VSS twice with no
> luck(same bouncy needle).
> I'm about to change cluster.I want to know if it is possible to keep the
> same odometer(mine has way less milleage),if so how hard is it to swap them?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>

easy. #2 screwdriver.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:20 am
JoS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic cluster

How do i remove the speedometer needle to take the odometer out?

Just pull on it or there is a special way to pull it off?

Thanks!
"jim beam" <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in message
news:Mq2dnVioxOEF_fLbnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...
> JoBlo wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I've been having problems with my speedometer.I change the VSS twice with
>> no luck(same bouncy needle).
>> I'm about to change cluster.I want to know if it is possible to keep the
>> same odometer(mine has way less milleage),if so how hard is it to swap
>> them?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

> easy. #2 screwdriver.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2007, 09:15 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic cluster

JoS wrote:
> "jim beam" <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in message
> news:Mq2dnVioxOEF_fLbnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@speakeasy.ne t...
>> JoBlo wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I've been having problems with my speedometer.I change the VSS twice with
>>> no luck(same bouncy needle).
>>> I'm about to change cluster.I want to know if it is possible to keep the
>>> same odometer(mine has way less milleage),if so how hard is it to swap
>>> them?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!

>> easy. #2 screwdriver.

>
>
> How do i remove the speedometer needle to take the odometer out?
>
> Just pull on it or there is a special way to pull it off?
>
> Thanks!



what are you trying to do?

1. if you're trying to mess with the mile counter, that's illegal.
2. if you're trying to change the scale on the gauge, yes, you can pull
the needle, but there's a very high probability of wreckage.
3. if you're swapping the speedo instrument into a cluster with a
tachometer [for instance] it's a pizza cake. just unscrew and swap.

and please don't top post. thanks.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instrument Cluster, Security, and CD on 01 Civic Pat Quadlander Honda 2 3 02 Dec 2004 04:42 pm
'99 Civic LX to EX Cluster Swap Sam Cormier Honda 2 2 20 Nov 2004 11:35 pm
WTD: 1999 civic cluster w/tach Davieo Honda 2 3 28 May 2004 11:21 pm
WTB: Instrument Cluster for 92-95 Civic G-Man Honda 2 2 05 Nov 2003 04:05 pm
How to Civic EX gauge cluster soisauce1 Honda 2 1 19 Oct 2003 08:26 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.