Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jun 2007, 07:49 pm
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Best Home Service Manual?

As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the
best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jun 2007, 10:04 pm
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the best
> service manual for it, and the best place to find it?

=========================

Best is at www.helminc.com

Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire, or
similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 02:28 am
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

motsco_ wrote:
> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>
>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the
>> best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?

>
> =========================
>
> Best is at www.helminc.com
>
> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire, or
> similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>
> 'Curly'


Couldn't find one there. I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo
folks prefer Chilton, and my experince with Haynes goes like this: I
want to read how to remove an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes
says 'Remove instrument cluster,'
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 08:01 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> motsco_ wrote:
>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>
>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the
>>> best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?

>>
>> =========================
>>
>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>
>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire, or
>> similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>
>> 'Curly'

>
> Couldn't find one there.


it's there. follow the "click here" instructions.

> I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo
> folks prefer Chilton, and my experince with Haynes goes like this: I
> want to read how to remove an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes
> says 'Remove instrument cluster,'



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 03:46 pm
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...NMHXLER23HE0G9
"mjc13<REMOVETHIS> @verizon.net>" <"mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote in message
news:RaP8i.5371$WE4.332@trndny01...
> motsco_ wrote:
>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>
>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the best
>>> service manual for it, and the best place to find it?

>>
>> =========================
>>
>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>
>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire, or
>> similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>
>> 'Curly'

>
> Couldn't find one there. I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo
> folks prefer Chilton, and my experince with Haynes goes like this: I want
> to read how to remove an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes says
> 'Remove instrument cluster,'



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 07:22 pm
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

jim beam wrote:
> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>
>> motsco_ wrote:
>>
>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>
>>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the
>>>> best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?
>>>
>>>
>>> =========================
>>>
>>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>>
>>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire,
>>> or similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>>
>>> 'Curly'

>>
>>
>> Couldn't find one there.

>
>
> it's there. follow the "click here" instructions.




I appreciate the thought, but it isn't. Woody posted a link to the
'96 Civic. They changed after '95.




>
>> I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo folks prefer Chilton, and my
>> experince with Haynes goes like this: I want to read how to remove an
>> instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes says 'Remove instrument
>> cluster,'

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 09:26 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>
>>> motsco_ wrote:
>>>
>>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the
>>>>> best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> =========================
>>>>
>>>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>>>
>>>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire,
>>>> or similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>>>
>>>> 'Curly'
>>>
>>>
>>> Couldn't find one there.

>>
>>
>> it's there. follow the "click here" instructions.

>
>
>
> I appreciate the thought, but it isn't. Woody posted a link to the
> '96 Civic. They changed after '95.


but you said "I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan." the service manual for
that is definitely listed. as is the 95. and anything else honda.

>
>
>
>
>>
>>> I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo folks prefer Chilton, and
>>> my experince with Haynes goes like this: I want to read how to remove
>>> an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes says 'Remove instrument
>>> cluster,'

>>
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 10:20 pm
mjc13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

jim beam wrote:
> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>
>> jim beam wrote:
>>
>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>
>>>> motsco_ wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's
>>>>>> the best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> =========================
>>>>>
>>>>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>>>>
>>>>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian tire,
>>>>> or similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>>>>
>>>>> 'Curly'
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Couldn't find one there.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> it's there. follow the "click here" instructions.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I appreciate the thought, but it isn't. Woody posted a link to the
>> '96 Civic. They changed after '95.

>
>
> but you said "I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan." the service manual for
> that is definitely listed. as is the 95. and anything else honda.




Damn! That was a typo - it is a '95. Sorry, folks. I couldn't find
the '95 manual on the site, though.


>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>> I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo folks prefer Chilton, and
>>>> my experince with Haynes goes like this: I want to read how to
>>>> remove an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes says 'Remove
>>>> instrument cluster,'
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2007, 11:16 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>
>>> jim beam wrote:
>>>
>>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> motsco_ wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's
>>>>>>> the best service manual for it, and the best place to find it?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> =========================
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best is at www.helminc.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Fairly decent is Chilton's at the store. I'd suggest Canadian
>>>>>> tire, or similar. Some Honda dealers sell them, but at a premium.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 'Curly'
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Couldn't find one there.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> it's there. follow the "click here" instructions.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I appreciate the thought, but it isn't. Woody posted a link to the
>>> '96 Civic. They changed after '95.

>>
>>
>> but you said "I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan." the service manual
>> for that is definitely listed. as is the 95. and anything else honda.

>
>
>
> Damn! That was a typo - it is a '95. Sorry, folks. I couldn't find
> the '95 manual on the site, though.
>


it's definitely there. drill down to owner & service info.


>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>> I'll look for a Chilton. I know the Volvo folks prefer Chilton, and
>>>>> my experince with Haynes goes like this: I want to read how to
>>>>> remove an instrument cluster, so I check, and Haynes says 'Remove
>>>>> instrument cluster,'
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05 Jun 2007, 12:24 am
Mike Costello
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Home Service Manual?

Stay away from Chiltons unless you want to change the oil and service washer
fluid. The book is cheap and you will get what you pay for.
My 92 civic owner manual had a coupon (the internet has evolved since then)
for the factory manual from Helm Inc. www.helminc.com . I bought the manual
the week I bought the car. I knew only a little about working on cars when I
bought the car new and this week I am changing my ball joints. I have done
my timing belt, several CV axles, water pump, troubleshot the PGM-FI relay,
replaced the distributor and troubleshot down to the igition coil and more
with this book. The overhaul procedures/specs for the whole car are in here.

"mjc13<REMOVETHIS> @verizon.net>" <"mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote in message
news:6kJ8i.3842$fX4.99@trndny03...
> As noted else where, I'm buying a '96 Civic EX sedan. What's the best
> service manual for it, and the best place to find it?



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Service Manual Help-Slip-Franklin Honda 3 3 04 Jan 2007 11:50 am
REQ: service-manual cbr 600 f2 Scorpio Honda 1 0 10 May 2005 01:52 pm
accord service manual Greg Caluori Honda 3 2 02 Aug 2004 10:36 am
Do I need a service manual or an owner's manual? Dwayne Hoover Honda 3 3 07 Feb 2004 11:32 pm
91 Civic Service Manual Nick Johnson Honda 2 0 04 Jul 2003 07:29 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.