Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 02:09 am
tberrett3169@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 civic wonts start

My 95 civic wont start after installing a new stereo deck. Two wires
touched and blow the radio fuse. Not sure if that has much to do with
it. After intalling the stereo deck, I tried to start the car and it
cranks but no start. I thought the fuel pump went out, cause i could
not hear it prime when i turned the key. So I replaced the fuel pump,
but still no prime. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the ECU and
still nothing. Im getting no power to the injectors, fuel pump and
relay. The spark plugs and distributer are working still fine after
checking them with a test light. In the haynes book it says to check a
#2 fuse if the relay and fuel pump is getting no voltage but i cant
find a #2 fuse anywhere. If anyone can help figure out what is wrong
with my car i would be greatful

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 07:13 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

tberrett3169@yahoo.com wrote in news:1180249753.448070.143740
@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> My 95 civic wont start after installing a new stereo deck. Two wires
> touched and blow the radio fuse. Not sure if that has much to do with
> it. After intalling the stereo deck, I tried to start the car and it
> cranks but no start. I thought the fuel pump went out, cause i could
> not hear it prime when i turned the key. So I replaced the fuel pump,
> but still no prime.




You knowingly shorted two wires together, which then blew a fuse.
Instead if checking for other blown fuses, which would be the logical
outcome of such an occurrence, you start throwing money and parts at the
car.

Fuses are there for the sole purpose of preventing damage from shorts
and electrical overloading. They are suposed to blow when you pull
stunts like the one you did.



> I replaced the fuel pump relay and the ECU and
> still nothing. Im getting no power to the injectors, fuel pump and
> relay.



You have TWO fuse blocks, one under the dash and one on top of the right
shock tower under the hood.

From the FACTORY wiring diagram, I see there are at least four fuses
that you can have damaged by your ineptness: 41, 12 (or 24), 13, 18.

If the fuse listing stickers are missing from the fuse box covers, you
have no choice but to physically check each and every fuse in the two
boxes. The big ones with screws in the ends will need to be removed and
checked with a multimeter.



> The spark plugs and distributer are working still fine after
> checking them with a test light. In the haynes book it says



Drop that Haynes in the garbage and get a real manual.
www.helminc.com
You can find these used on eBay as well.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 09:18 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

tberrett3169@yahoo.com wrote:
> My 95 civic wont start after installing a new stereo deck. Two wires
> touched and blow the radio fuse. Not sure if that has much to do with
> it. After intalling the stereo deck, I tried to start the car and it
> cranks but no start. I thought the fuel pump went out, cause i could
> not hear it prime when i turned the key. So I replaced the fuel pump,
> but still no prime. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the ECU and
> still nothing. Im getting no power to the injectors, fuel pump and
> relay. The spark plugs and distributer are working still fine after
> checking them with a test light. In the haynes book it says to check a
> #2 fuse if the relay and fuel pump is getting no voltage but i cant
> find a #2 fuse anywhere. If anyone can help figure out what is wrong
> with my car i would be greatful
>

1. get a decent manual - helm.
2. locate and fix the correct fuse.

as a point of principle, /NEVER/ throw parts and money at a problem
unless you have a good diagnosis! and always stick to the correct fuse
ratings. it may be tempting to use a higher rated fuse if you keep
blowing one, but if you do, you can have a much more debilitating
problem like the one you're experiencing.

finally, get yourself a multimeter and keep it in your tool box.
replacing a fuel pump is a pita, and you could have saved yourself that
brain damage if you'd tested the circuit to it first.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 11:49 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

jim beam <spamvortex@bad.example.net> wrote in
news:3KCdnQCLqc6_DsTbnZ2dnUVZ_rqhnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:


> replacing a fuel pump is a pita,




It's actually very easy in his '95, not like ours.


> and you could have saved yourself that
> brain damage if you'd tested the circuit to it first.



And if he'd DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FIRST, like you're supposed to do
every time you do electrical work on the car!



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 11:51 am
tberrett3169@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

Sorry should of said something. i have alreadys checked all the fuses
under the dash and the hood before i bought the parts. i couldnt find
any blown. i will check again to be sure. i also checked the volage of
the wires to the pump and relay and its only has .8 volts( if that
helps any). thanks for the time and help though. if you have anymore
ideas, im all ears.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 11:54 am
tberrett3169@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

On May 27, 1:09 am, tberrett3...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My 95 civic wont start after installing a new stereo deck. Two wires
> touched and blow the radio fuse. Not sure if that has much to do with
> it. After intalling the stereo deck, I tried to start the car and it
> cranks but no start. I thought the fuel pump went out, cause i could
> not hear it prime when i turned the key. So I replaced the fuel pump,
> but still no prime. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the ECU and
> still nothing. Im getting no power to the injectors, fuel pump and
> relay. The spark plugs and distributer are working still fine after
> checking them with a test light. In the haynes book it says to check a
> #2 fuse if the relay and fuel pump is getting no voltage but i cant
> find a #2 fuse anywhere. If anyone can help figure out what is wrong
> with my car i would be greatful


< I did check all the fuses and replaced the radio fuse.
< And the pump and relay is only getting .8 volts.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 11:58 am
tberrett3169@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

On May 27, 10:49 am, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
> jim beam <spamvor...@bad.example.net> wrote innews:3KCdnQCLqc6_DsTbnZ2dnUVZ_rqhnZ2d@speakeasy. net:
>
> > replacing a fuel pump is a pita,

>
> It's actually very easy in his '95, not like ours.
>
> > and you could have saved yourself that
> > brain damage if you'd tested the circuit to it first.

>
> And if he'd DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FIRST, like you're supposed to do
> every time you do electrical work on the car!
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/


> i did FYI. disconnect the battery cable. i used a haynes book to install the pump, relay and ecu. That was to make sure i did everything exactly right the first time.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27 May 2007, 12:23 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 civic wonts start

tberrett3169@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 27, 1:09 am, tberrett3...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> My 95 civic wont start after installing a new stereo deck. Two wires
>> touched and blow the radio fuse. Not sure if that has much to do with
>> it. After intalling the stereo deck, I tried to start the car and it
>> cranks but no start. I thought the fuel pump went out, cause i could
>> not hear it prime when i turned the key. So I replaced the fuel pump,
>> but still no prime. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the ECU and
>> still nothing. Im getting no power to the injectors, fuel pump and
>> relay. The spark plugs and distributer are working still fine after
>> checking them with a test light. In the haynes book it says to check a
>> #2 fuse if the relay and fuel pump is getting no voltage but i cant
>> find a #2 fuse anywhere. If anyone can help figure out what is wrong
>> with my car i would be greatful

>
> < I did check all the fuses and replaced the radio fuse.
> < And the pump and relay is only getting .8 volts.
>

that should tell you it wasn't the pump!

the main fuse box is on the r/h shock tower - that's your next stop.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
93 civic won't start b0rdrch1ck@hotmail.com Honda 2 3 07 Jun 2007 10:24 pm
91 Civic Won't Start Chuck Honda 2 16 05 Apr 2006 02:31 pm
My 93 Civic Si wonít start now...>.< Kalzon83 Honda 2 9 19 Dec 2005 09:49 pm
99 Civic won't start EKK Honda 2 16 16 Nov 2004 09:02 am
1997 Passport won't start,clicks, and sometimes takes an hour to start Cozy Honda 3 0 21 Feb 2004 03:03 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.