Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2007, 02:25 am
DrBoudro
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 06 Accord Radio Dies...

I have an 06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.

I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
No sound at all.

The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
And I have tried everything.

HELP!!!

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2007, 07:08 am
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:25:54 +0000, DrBoudro wrote:

> I have an ’06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from the
> radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player will
> cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>
> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing. No
> sound at all.
>
> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals. And I
> have tried everything.
>
> HELP!!!



Replacing the radio fixes it for a while? Is Honda giving you the radios,
and you're installing them, or their techs are installing them?

This sounds like an intermittant power or ground wire; I'm guessing it's
loose in the harness. When they replace the radio, they push the plug in,
and the loose wire gets connected, and then gradually works loose with
jarring and jolting.

If you find out, let me know. I'm curious about this one!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2007, 11:28 am
Art
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another one
fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law. That
will get it fixed.



"DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>
> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
> No sound at all.
>
> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
> And I have tried everything.
>
> HELP!!!
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
> author/report abuse
> Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2007, 08:13 pm
Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

Keep in mind as quoted from one state's lemon law:
Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use,
value or safety of the new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called
"nonconformities").
Howard
> Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another one
> fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law. That
> will get it fixed.
>
>
>
> "DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
> news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
>> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
>> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>>
>> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
>> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
>> No sound at all.
>>
>> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
>> And I have tried everything.
>>
>> HELP!!!
>>
>> --
>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
>> author/report abuse
>> Thread archive:
>> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Apr 2007, 09:55 pm
Art
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

A non functioning radio certainly impairs the value of the car.


"Howard" <howardh1951@(nospam)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eYCQh.36044$68.12416@bignews8.bellsouth.net.. .
> Keep in mind as quoted from one state's lemon law:
> Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use,
> value or safety of the new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called
> "nonconformities").
> Howard
>> Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another
>> one fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law.
>> That will get it fixed.
>>
>>
>>
>> "DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
>> news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>>>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
>>> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
>>> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>>>
>>> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
>>> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
>>> No sound at all.
>>>
>>> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
>>> And I have tried everything.
>>>
>>> HELP!!!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
>>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
>>> author/report abuse
>>> Thread archive:
>>> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04 Apr 2007, 06:32 am
Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

substantially impair the use, value or ......

Substantially?

>A non functioning radio certainly impairs the value of the car.
>
>
> "Howard" <howardh1951@(nospam)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eYCQh.36044$68.12416@bignews8.bellsouth.net.. .
>> Keep in mind as quoted from one state's lemon law:
>> Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use,
>> value or safety of the new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called
>> "nonconformities").
>> Howard
>>> Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another
>>> one fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law.
>>> That will get it fixed.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
>>> news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>>>>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
>>>> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
>>>> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>>>>
>>>> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
>>>> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
>>>> No sound at all.
>>>>
>>>> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
>>>> And I have tried everything.
>>>>
>>>> HELP!!!
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
>>>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to
>>>> contact author/report abuse
>>>> Thread archive:
>>>> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 Apr 2007, 11:34 am
Art
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

I guarantee the answer is yes. Cars have been returned for rattles that
could not be fixed.


"Howard" <howardh1951@(nospam)gmail.com> wrote in message
news0MQh.36204$68.8902@bignews8.bellsouth.net...
> substantially impair the use, value or ......
>
> Substantially?
>
>>A non functioning radio certainly impairs the value of the car.
>>
>>
>> "Howard" <howardh1951@(nospam)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:eYCQh.36044$68.12416@bignews8.bellsouth.net.. .
>>> Keep in mind as quoted from one state's lemon law:
>>> Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the
>>> use, value or safety of the new or demonstrator vehicle (these are
>>> called "nonconformities").
>>> Howard
>>>> Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another
>>>> one fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law.
>>>> That will get it fixed.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>>>>>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
>>>>> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
>>>>> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>>>>>
>>>>> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
>>>>> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
>>>>> No sound at all.
>>>>>
>>>>> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
>>>>> And I have tried everything.
>>>>>
>>>>> HELP!!!
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
>>>>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to
>>>>> contact author/report abuse
>>>>> Thread archive:
>>>>> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2007, 06:37 pm
ck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 06 Accord Radio Dies...

It could be the face that the radio plugs into
"DrBoudro" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:995694_90a23e8b2883a26809c37bbe3fe6ee1f@autob oardz.com...
>I have an '06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from
> the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player
> will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
>
> I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing
> just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing.
> No sound at all.
>
> The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals.
> And I have tried everything.
>
> HELP!!!
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
> author/report abuse
> Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/06-Radio-D...ict210265.html
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1998 EX V-6 Accord Dies & Restarts Mike Menard Honda 2 3 06 Apr 2006 10:25 am
87 accord dies at lights baccus Honda 3 14 28 Apr 2005 02:36 am
2004 CRv - reseting radio after battery dies???? Jon Waisnor Honda 2 3 27 Feb 2005 03:10 pm
89 Accord DX dies out randomly drblood Honda 3 4 02 Apr 2004 02:34 am
91 Accord, shifting slips, dies Lori Honda 3 0 18 Nov 2003 09:21 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.