Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2007, 10:26 am
patbro@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

I was suggested:
NGK irridium
NGK platinum
NGK regular

I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it
for 4).

I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter
died.

Also what do you suggest for plug wires?

Thanks inadvance!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:45 am
E Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX




On 3/27/07 10:26 AM, in article
1175009179.283682.50430@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om, "patbro@gmail.com"
<patbro@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was suggested:
> NGK irridium
> NGK platinum
> NGK regular
>
> I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it
> for 4).
>
> I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter
> died.
>
> Also what do you suggest for plug wires?
>
> Thanks inadvance!
>


Use what it was born with, OEM wires and OEM plugs, which I believe are the
NGK regulars. Then change them at the prescribed intervals.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2007, 08:12 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

patbro@gmail.com wrote in news:1175009179.283682.50430
@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I was suggested:
> NGK irridium
> NGK platinum
> NGK regular




Use whichever of the above you wish. NGK is factory-specification.

Your car originally came with "regular". Platinum and iridium
(not "irridium") are longer-lasting but have the same electrical
characteristics.

I use platinum because my engine spends most of its time around 4K rpm,
which erodes plugs like crazy.


>
> I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it
> for 4).



Cool. I've had mine for sixteen.


>
> I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter
> died.
>
> Also what do you suggest for plug wires?




OEM (Honda dealer). Don't use anything else.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28 Mar 2007, 08:22 am
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

use better plug wires than oem. you will notice a difference. i put accel
thundersport wires on my civic and it runs alot smoother and it may have
added more horsepower. theyre good quality also. the oem plug wires are bare
minimum.

-jeff



"Tegger" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns9900D7B52AFDAtegger@207.14.116.130...
> patbro@gmail.com wrote in news:1175009179.283682.50430
> @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I was suggested:
>> NGK irridium
>> NGK platinum
>> NGK regular

>
>
>
> Use whichever of the above you wish. NGK is factory-specification.
>
> Your car originally came with "regular". Platinum and iridium
> (not "irridium") are longer-lasting but have the same electrical
> characteristics.
>
> I use platinum because my engine spends most of its time around 4K rpm,
> which erodes plugs like crazy.
>
>
>>
>> I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it
>> for 4).

>
>
> Cool. I've had mine for sixteen.
>
>
>>
>> I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter
>> died.
>>
>> Also what do you suggest for plug wires?

>
>
>
> OEM (Honda dealer). Don't use anything else.
>
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28 Mar 2007, 10:08 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

"Jeff" <jeffscomp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
news:J_tOh.686$Q23.652@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net:

> use better plug wires than oem. you will notice a difference. i put
> accel thundersport wires on my civic and it runs alot smoother and it
> may have added more horsepower. theyre good quality also. the oem plug
> wires are bare minimum.




Were your Accels more expensive or less expensive than OEM?


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28 Mar 2007, 09:41 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

Tegger wrote:
> "Jeff" <jeffscomp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
> news:J_tOh.686$Q23.652@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> use better plug wires than oem. you will notice a difference. i put
>> accel thundersport wires on my civic and it runs alot smoother and it
>> may have added more horsepower. theyre good quality also. the oem plug
>> wires are bare minimum.

>
>
>
> Were your Accels more expensive or less expensive than OEM?
>
>

while i hate "ricer" crap, i gotta say, the real deal quality plug
leads, coiled core, /are/ better than oem. accel do seem to be such an
example.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30 Mar 2007, 08:36 pm
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:12:23 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> patbro@gmail.com wrote in news:1175009179.283682.50430
> @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I was suggested:
>> NGK irridium
>> NGK platinum
>> NGK regular

>
>
>
> Use whichever of the above you wish. NGK is factory-specification.
>
> Your car originally came with "regular". Platinum and iridium (not
> "irridium") are longer-lasting but have the same electrical
> characteristics.
>
> I use platinum because my engine spends most of its time around 4K rpm,
> which erodes plugs like crazy.
>
>
>
>> I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it for
>> 4).

>
>
> Cool. I've had mine for sixteen.
>
>
>
>> I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter died.
>>
>> Also what do you suggest for plug wires?

>
>
>
> OEM (Honda dealer). Don't use anything else.



I would imagine aftermarket NGK wires would work well. They are probably
the OEM supplier.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30 Mar 2007, 08:55 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= <Trueno@AE86.gts>
wrote in news:hWiPh.30$IY4.23@trndny03:


>
>
> I would imagine aftermarket NGK wires would work well. They are
> probably the OEM supplier.
>
>



OEM here is Sumitomo.

NGK *is* a Honda OEM for some parts though, so you may be right, although I
still wouldn't trust even Japanese aftermarket without some sort of
verification.

And when is comes right down to the nub of the matter, that's all an
automaker's franchised dealer sells: verification, confidence, trust.

--
Tegger
The Unofficial Honda FAQ
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:26 pm
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:55:03 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= <Trueno@AE86.gts> wrote
> in news:hWiPh.30$IY4.23@trndny03:
>
>
>
>>
>> I would imagine aftermarket NGK wires would work well. They are probably
>> the OEM supplier.
>>
>>
>>

>
> OEM here is Sumitomo.
>
> NGK *is* a Honda OEM for some parts though, so you may be right, although
> I still wouldn't trust even Japanese aftermarket without some sort of
> verification.
>
> And when is comes right down to the nub of the matter, that's all an
> automaker's franchised dealer sells: verification, confidence, trust.



Ah, yes...Sumitomo. They were OEM for Toyota a few years back, too.

I live about 3/4 mile from a US manufacturing plant that makes their
specialty wire here in the US.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spark plug question for a Civic. Rob Honda 2 8 25 Jan 2006 08:55 pm
Update: Camshaft Holder Seal Replacement (Oil in Spark Plug Tubes) Elle Honda 2 2 21 Oct 2005 09:53 am
95 16v civic has oil on spark plug boots civic95 Honda 2 4 05 Jul 2004 08:38 pm
I can't find tranny plug on 89 civic. Red Cloud Honda 3 3 01 Mar 2004 12:37 am
98 Civic Coolant Drain plug Wayne Honda 3 6 08 Oct 2003 11:12 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.