Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Mar 2007, 05:46 pm
SMcK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Radio Maulfunction

92 Honda Accord. Turning on the radio from the knob doesn't light
any
lights or make anything else work. Turning it off, or hitting the
eject button won't eject the cassette adapter that I use for XM & MP3
players. Hitting the FM button won't turn on the radio.


It acts like it's not getting electricity but the antenna motor is on
the same fuse and *it* works. And the "clean" light was on until I
reset it.


I read another post on this group that mentioned another fuse under
the hood. Is there one? Where? Any possibility that this fuse, if
blown, could make the the radio/cassette/etc. not work/light up while
allowing the "clean" light and antenna to work?


TIA,
-Scott

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Mar 2007, 09:33 pm
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Radio Maulfunction

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:46:28 -0700, SMcK wrote:

> 92 Honda Accord. Turning on the radio from the knob doesn't light any
> lights or make anything else work. Turning it off, or hitting the eject
> button won't eject the cassette adapter that I use for XM & MP3 players.
> Hitting the FM button won't turn on the radio.
>
>
> It acts like it's not getting electricity but the antenna motor is on the
> same fuse and *it* works. And the "clean" light was on until I reset it.
>
>
> I read another post on this group that mentioned another fuse under the
> hood. Is there one? Where? Any possibility that this fuse, if blown,
> could make the the radio/cassette/etc. not work/light up while allowing
> the "clean" light and antenna to work?
>
>
> TIA,
> -Scott



There should be a fuse under the hood, also marked Radio, probably 7 amps.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2007, 10:09 am
SMcK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Radio Maulfunction

On Mar 26, 10:33*pm, Hachiroku * <Tru...@AE86.gts> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:46:28 -0700, SMcK wrote:
> > 92 Honda Accord. *Turning on the radio from the knob doesn't lightany
> > lights or make anything else work. *Turning it off, or hitting theeject
> > button won't eject the cassette adapter that I use for XM & MP3 players.
> > Hitting the FM button won't turn on the radio.

>
> > It acts like it's not getting electricity but the antenna motor is on the
> > same fuse and *it* works. *And the "clean" light was on until I reset it.

>
> > I read another post on this group that mentioned another fuse under the
> > hood. *Is there one? *Where? *Any possibility that this fuse, if blown,
> > could make the the radio/cassette/etc. not work/light up while allowing
> > the "clean" light and antenna to work?

>
> > TIA,
> > -Scott

>
> There should be a fuse under the hood, also marked Radio, probably 7 amps..- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


I found the fuse and pulled it. It looks fine. After reinserting it
I had to enter the securiy code on the radio because I had killed
power to it. It's obviously getting sufficient power to show the
"code" display on the LED display and accept the security code. It
still wont eject the cassette adapter, nor register that the cassette
is inserted by showing the "tape" LED display. I've tried jiggling,
pushing the cassette adapter to no avail.

Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:14 pm
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Radio Maulfunction

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:09:14 -0700, SMcK wrote:

> On Mar 26, 10:33*pm, Hachiroku * <Tru...@AE86.gts> wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:46:28 -0700, SMcK wrote:
>> > 92 Honda Accord. *Turning on the radio from the knob doesn't light
>> > any lights or make anything else work. *Turning it off, or hitting
>> > the eject button won't eject the cassette adapter that I use for XM &
>> > MP3 players. Hitting the FM button won't turn on the radio.

>>
>> > It acts like it's not getting electricity but the antenna motor is on
>> > the same fuse and *it* works. *And the "clean" light was on until I
>> > reset it.

>>
>> > I read another post on this group that mentioned another fuse under
>> > the hood. *Is there one? *Where? *Any possibility that this fuse,
>> > if blown, could make the the radio/cassette/etc. not work/light up
>> > while allowing the "clean" light and antenna to work?

>>
>> > TIA,
>> > -Scott

>>
>> There should be a fuse under the hood, also marked Radio, probably 7
>> amps.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -

>
> I found the fuse and pulled it. It looks fine. After reinserting it I
> had to enter the securiy code on the radio because I had killed power to
> it. It's obviously getting sufficient power to show the "code" display on
> the LED display and accept the security code. It still wont eject the
> cassette adapter, nor register that the cassette is inserted by showing
> the "tape" LED display. I've tried jiggling, pushing the cassette adapter
> to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?



Um, JVC CD players are on sale at BestBuy?

Or, do you have one of those radios that the climate control is integrated
into...? Sounds like something in the unit itself is not functioning and
the only way to get a clue is to pull the radio and open it up. Could be a
lot of things, from a switch to a major malfunction, or just perhaps that
the tape loaded improperly.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Help Ron P Honda 2 4 19 May 2007 09:36 pm
Need help with radio gakor Honda 2 17 21 Aug 2005 10:47 pm
XM radio in a 99 honda civic with factory radio? Ted Honda 2 2 07 Oct 2003 07:25 pm
XM radio in a 99 honda civic with factory radio? Ted Honda 3 2 07 Oct 2003 07:25 pm
radio help Peter A. Neenan Honda 2 3 05 Aug 2003 11:19 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.