Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:44 pm
isquat@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default How could I help to recall Ed Markey if I'm in California?

Is there any way for me to help with pulling Ed Markey from the lower
house?
I'm worried that he and like minded people in congress would finally
push
the bill thru and the boring pieces of shit will become even more
commonplace
than they are today. With the very few properly geared cars on the
market
I think I do have a valid concern.
Note that the s.o.g. wants the cars (which are bastardized by
regulations far
more than the trucks already) to be castrated first followed by the
trucks with a two
year delay.
With people like that I'm kinda ashamed I'm voting for Democrats :-[

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 Mar 2007, 06:21 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How could I help to recall Ed Markey if I'm in California?

<isquat@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1173847477.151892.83810@e1g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
> Is there any way for me to help with pulling Ed Markey from the lower
> house?
> I'm worried that he and like minded people in congress would finally
> push
> the bill thru and the boring pieces of shit will become even more
> commonplace
> than they are today. With the very few properly geared cars on the
> market
> I think I do have a valid concern.
> Note that the s.o.g. wants the cars (which are bastardized by
> regulations far
> more than the trucks already) to be castrated first followed by the
> trucks with a two
> year delay.
> With people like that I'm kinda ashamed I'm voting for Democrats :-[
>


Actually, you can't. He represents the people of Massachusetts. That's the
way American government works. What you can do is lean on your own US
representative. (Then his people will have lunch with Markey's people at our
expense....)

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15 Mar 2007, 05:48 pm
gigelus2k3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How could I help to recall Ed Markey if I'm in California?

On Mar 13, 9:44 pm, isq...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there any way for me to help with pulling Ed Markey from the lower
> house?
> I'm worried that he and like minded people in congress would finally
> push
> the bill thru and the boring pieces of shit will become even more
> commonplace
> than they are today. With the very few properly geared cars on the
> market
> I think I do have a valid concern.
> Note that the s.o.g. wants the cars (which are bastardized by
> regulations far
> more than the trucks already) to be castrated first followed by the
> trucks with a two
> year delay.
> With people like that I'm kinda ashamed I'm voting for Democrats :-[



I am just curious, what's your problem? A boring POS with better
mileage is preferable to a dangerous POS that sucks gas more than you
breath air and if this legislation will help clear the roads of
mindless gas guzzlers, I for one am all for it.

Don't want to stirr the shit, but I'm genuinely intrigued about your
stand. Although, based on your POV regarding import and "american"
cars (as seen in other threads), I suspect that it has something to do
with the inability of the big-three to compete in terms of MPG.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 Mar 2007, 11:43 pm
isquat@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How could I help to recall Ed Markey if I'm in California?

> I am just curious, what's your problem? A boring POS with better

Car-wise I have 2005 Outback Sport (OBS is impreza on stilts
essentially, think cmall CRV) that has stratospherically tall gearing.
Of course I did not expect Civic Si gear ratios
but after I broke it in and got the feel for the car I got
genuinely pissed. And I don't know how to begin to explain
the throttle response on that car. Think turbo lag, except the
car has no turbo. It takes forever to wind up the engine on
that contraption. I suspect my problems are 100% due to
the CAFE standards pushed down the automakers throats.
If you remember a while ago Subaru raised some Outback
models and reclassified them as trucks to meet the corporate
average. It's bad enough with the new mpg testing procedures
and looks like Ed Markey is all for making it worse.

> mileage is preferable to a dangerous POS that sucks gas more than you
> breath air and if this legislation will help clear the roads of
> mindless gas guzzlers, I for one am all for it.
>

The problem is that in order to replace any of my cars
with the legislation in effect I'd have to buy something
like Pontiac G6 and pay gaz guzzler tax or buy a car with
the turbo because the bottom end of the lineup will
be geared even worse than my OBS. I wish I did not have to
resort to buying a turbo, but looks like I'd have little
choice in the matter. Mazdaspeed 3 with it's horrible gearing
can give you a taste of things to come. Looks like some
automakers are training guinea pigs ahead of time.

> Don't want to stirr the shit, but I'm genuinely intrigued about your
> stand. Although, based on your POV regarding import and "american"
> cars (as seen in other threads), I suspect that it has something to do
> with the inability of the big-three to compete in terms of MPG.


That would explain the extra two year allowance
for the trucks won't it? I suspect that's where the money
for the bill are coming from :-(((

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: California SMOG Wolfgang Bley Honda 3 2 12 Feb 2004 12:27 am
Re: Civic made in California dold@CivicXmade.usenet.us.com Honda 3 0 31 Aug 2003 12:57 pm
Re: Civic made in California IleneDover@mailcity.com Honda 3 0 31 Aug 2003 10:34 am
Re: Civic made in California Fluffy Honda 3 0 30 Aug 2003 11:49 pm
New California fees in September boe Honda 2 4 28 Aug 2003 11:17 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.