Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 01:29 pm
bummed71904
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default p0740

ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
means?

1996 Honda Accord

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/p0740-ftopict208278.html

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 01:41 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p0740

bummed71904 <none@000.com> wrote in news:986250_
5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autoboardz.com:

> ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
> means?
>
> 1996 Honda Accord
>




(Assuming a 4-cylinder here...)

A tranny problem: "Problem in Lock-up Control System".

Any symptoms accompanying the error code?

Speedometer working OK?

Is your lockup torque converter not locking up?

How old is your engine's thermostat?



--
Tegger

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 01:42 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p0740

"bummed71904" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:986250_5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autob oardz.com...
> ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
> means?
>
> 1996 Honda Accord


http://www.just****inggoogleit.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a+Accord+p0740


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 02:45 pm
Al
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p0740

cool - we don't need a newsgroup any longer - just set this up as an
auto-reply to all posts. That and RTFM will cover every question.



Seth wrote:
> "bummed71904" <none@000.com> wrote in message
> news:986250_5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autob oardz.com...
>> ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
>> means?
>>
>> 1996 Honda Accord

>
> http://www.just****inggoogleit.com
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a+Accord+p0740
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 05:45 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p0740

"bummed71904" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:986250_5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autob oardz.com...
> ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
> means?
>
> 1996 Honda Accord
>
>

You can find codes at http://www.actron.com/code_lookup.php
P0740 comes up as TCC Circuit Malfunction. I love acronyms; I presume
TCC=Transmission Control Computer but I could always be wrong.

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2007, 06:10 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p0740

"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
news:IbmdnStzCrk603LYnZ2dnUVZ_tijnZ2d@sedona.net:

> "bummed71904" <none@000.com> wrote in message
> news:986250_5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autob oardz.com...
>> ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that
>> means?
>>
>> 1996 Honda Accord
>>
>>

> You can find codes at http://www.actron.com/code_lookup.php
> P0740 comes up as TCC Circuit Malfunction. I love acronyms; I presume
> TCC=Transmission Control Computer but I could always be wrong.
>




Actron's description is incorrect for Honda. See my other post.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2007, 09:30 pm
bummed71904
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: p0740

well, it has been acting like it is skipping gears for over 6 months
now. All of yhe mechanics I take it to say that is just how an old
honda drives?!?!?!?! I had two themorstats put on in the past 6 months
and the speedometer works fine, the rpm one on the other hand doesn’t.
It jumps around like crazy. I am actually throwing my hands up on this
one and calling quits. I am not putting anymore money into a 96. But i
appreciate your help!

"Tegger" wrote:
> bummed71904 <none@000.com> wrote in news:986250_
> 5ccafe633ccb7035e3cbba5e6080fc1b@autoboardz.com:
>
> > ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what

> that
> > means?
> >
> > 1996 Honda Accord
> >

>
>
>
> (Assuming a 4-cylinder here...)
>
> A tranny problem: "Problem in Lock-up Control System".
>
> Any symptoms accompanying the error code?
>
> Speedometer working OK?
>
> Is your lockup torque converter not locking up?
>
> How old is your engine's thermostat?
>
>
>
> --
> Tegger


--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/p0740-ftopict208278.html

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09 Mar 2007, 06:04 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: p0740

bummed71904 <none@000.com> wrote in news:986549_
3ce58732030c708a49969e0e23c32f5c@autoboardz.com:

> well, it has been acting like it is skipping gears for over 6 months
> now. All of yhe mechanics I take it to say that is just how an old
> honda drives?!?!?!?! I had two themorstats put on in the past 6 months
> and the speedometer works fine, the rpm one on the other hand doesn’t.
> It jumps around like crazy.




If the tach is jumping around, you have an igniter that's intermittent.
Unusual, as they normally fail outright.

Replace the igniter. Bet that gets rid of both problems.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 Accord Transmission P0740 kiselink@mindspring.com Honda 2 1 11 May 2005 06:03 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.