Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Feb 2007, 01:02 pm
SHUNJU HU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Trouble code P0715

Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4
cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car engine
still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of the car's
computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me:
What P0715 means ?
How to fix the problem ?
Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Feb 2007, 02:15 pm
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble code P0715

Problem in automatic transmission input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor
circuit


"SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:Bnpyh.554273$Fi1.505218@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4
> cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car
> engine still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of the
> car's computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me:
> What P0715 means ?
> How to fix the problem ?
> Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Feb 2007, 03:07 pm
SHUNJU HU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble code P0715

Is this mean that by replacing speed sensor will fix the problem and where's
the sensor located ? Thanks James
"Woody" <TheDuck@pond.net> wrote in message
news:crqyh.52788$QU1.1300@newssvr22.news.prodigy.n et...
> Problem in automatic transmission input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor
> circuit
>
>
> "SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> news:Bnpyh.554273$Fi1.505218@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4
>> cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car
>> engine still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of the
>> car's computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me:
>> What P0715 means ?
>> How to fix the problem ?
>> Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Feb 2007, 07:05 pm
papote7878
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble code P0715

transmission trouble,p=powerttrain,0=sae,7=transmission,and 15=fault
designator(pinpoints troubles)

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 03:18 pm
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble code P0715

May and May not. You need a service manual and follow the diagnostic
procedure to isolate. Get a sensor and see if it fixes it. Any drivability
problems showing up?


"SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:0cryh.32057$Xq6.20665@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Is this mean that by replacing speed sensor will fix the problem and
> where's the sensor located ? Thanks James
> "Woody" <TheDuck@pond.net> wrote in message
> news:crqyh.52788$QU1.1300@newssvr22.news.prodigy.n et...
>> Problem in automatic transmission input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor
>> circuit
>>
>>
>> "SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> news:Bnpyh.554273$Fi1.505218@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>>> Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4
>>> cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car
>>> engine still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of
>>> the car's computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me:
>>> What P0715 means ?
>>> How to fix the problem ?
>>> Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 08:43 pm
SHUNJU HU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble code P0715

I'll try to replace the speed sensor first, and see what happen. Thanks
Hu
"Woody" <TheDuck@pond.net> wrote in message
news:UsMyh.5142$o61.3532@newssvr19.news.prodigy.ne t...
> May and May not. You need a service manual and follow the diagnostic
> procedure to isolate. Get a sensor and see if it fixes it. Any drivability
> problems showing up?
>
>
> "SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> news:0cryh.32057$Xq6.20665@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Is this mean that by replacing speed sensor will fix the problem and
>> where's the sensor located ? Thanks James
>> "Woody" <TheDuck@pond.net> wrote in message
>> news:crqyh.52788$QU1.1300@newssvr22.news.prodigy.n et...
>>> Problem in automatic transmission input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor
>>> circuit
>>>
>>>
>>> "SHUNJU HU" <shunju.hu@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>> news:Bnpyh.554273$Fi1.505218@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>>>> Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4
>>>> cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car
>>>> engine still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of
>>>> the car's computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me:
>>>> What P0715 means ?
>>>> How to fix the problem ?
>>>> Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trouble code 12 lance4132 Honda 2 3 04 Apr 2007 03:20 pm
p0715 bummed71904 Honda 2 5 15 Mar 2007 07:11 am
2001 Civic SRS light on - NO trouble code! corman Honda 3 7 09 Dec 2006 04:34 pm
Trouble code P1739 Ivan & Brenda Honda 2 2 03 Nov 2006 03:34 pm
P0420 OBD-II Trouble Code Muffy Links Honda 2 4 23 Aug 2006 02:29 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.