Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jan 2007, 03:40 pm
D.K.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
player! There is no PAUSE button!

My old car had a cheapie cd player and even it had a pause button, so
that when I am listening to, say an audio book, and I get interrupted
to pay a parking lot fee or some other quick interruption, I could
just hit pause and resume quickly after I paid the fee.

But this cd is the only cd player I've ever seen in my life that
doesn't have a pause button.

Very annoying.

Also, I took a cd out last night after playing it for less than an
hour and the cd was HOT! I know cd players generate a certain amount
of heat, but man, this thing was hot! Does not bode well for the life
of the cd player, I fear. And probably isn't all that good for my
cd's, either.

Guess I'll add this in my letter to Honda about the annoying and ugly
child seating stickers on the visor.

Otherwise, I love my new Honda, and admittedly I'm nit-picking here,
but for $17k+ I expect things to be nice.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jan 2007, 05:26 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

"D.K." <pdsnickles@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1170106850.337803.5300
@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
> player! There is no PAUSE button!




According to your Owner's Manual: If you eject the CD but do not remove it,
ten seconds later the system will automatically reload it and place in in
Pause mode. You then press CD to resume.

Yeah, I agree. Pretty hokey.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jan 2007, 05:40 pm
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

D.K. wrote:
> I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
> player! There is no PAUSE button!
>
> My old car had a cheapie cd player and even it had a pause button, so
> that when I am listening to, say an audio book, and I get interrupted
> to pay a parking lot fee or some other quick interruption, I could
> just hit pause and resume quickly after I paid the fee.
>
> But this cd is the only cd player I've ever seen in my life that
> doesn't have a pause button.
>
> Very annoying.
>
> Also, I took a cd out last night after playing it for less than an
> hour and the cd was HOT! I know cd players generate a certain amount
> of heat, but man, this thing was hot! Does not bode well for the life
> of the cd player, I fear. And probably isn't all that good for my
> cd's, either.
>
> Guess I'll add this in my letter to Honda about the annoying and ugly
> child seating stickers on the visor.
>
> Otherwise, I love my new Honda, and admittedly I'm nit-picking here,
> but for $17k+ I expect things to be nice.
>

===========================================

Just a wild GUESS, but is your 'Honda' a Civic? There's a TSB about the
plastic air vent falling off the heater and cooking the contents of the
dash.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jan 2007, 08:41 pm
High Tech Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

Tegger wrote:

> "D.K." <pdsnickles@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1170106850.337803.5300
> @a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
>> player! There is no PAUSE button!

>
> According to your Owner's Manual: If you eject the CD but do not remove it,
> ten seconds later the system will automatically reload it and place in in
> Pause mode. You then press CD to resume.
>
> Yeah, I agree. Pretty hokey.


Additionally, if this unit works like the one in my '04 Civic, you can
simply turn the radio off, and when you turn it on again it will start
playing at the point where you turned it off.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jan 2007, 10:15 pm
Unquestionably Confused
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

D.K. wrote:
> I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
> player! There is no PAUSE button!


Did you check the owner's manual?

I believe you'll find that if you press the center button and turn the
CD Player/Radio off while a CD is playing, when you turn it back on it
will start up in the same place.

I rarely use the CD changer on my 06 Accord but I'm pretty sure that's
the way it works.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jan 2007, 02:12 pm
D.K.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

On Jan 29, 11:15 pm, Unquestionably Confused <puzzl...@ameritech.net>
wrote:
> D.K. wrote:
> > I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this
> > player! There is no PAUSE button!

>
> Did you check the owner's manual?
>
> I believe you'll find that if you press the center button and turn the
> CD Player/Radio off while a CD is playing, when you turn it back on it
> will start up in the same place.
>
> I rarely use the CD changer on my 06 Accord but I'm pretty sure that's
> the way it works.


Yes, this is true, if you turn it off, it will pick up where you left
off when you turn it back on. But this is NOT the same as Pause. First
of all, it is more wear and tear on the system than pause would be,
and 2nd, it takes about 10 seconds longer than pause would take.

Maybe this sounds like nit-picking, and it is, but nevertheless it is
a crappy design for a cd player. And that heat issue is something that
is NOT nit-picking.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jan 2007, 11:53 pm
Unquestionably Confused
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

D.K. wrote:
>
> Yes, this is true, if you turn it off, it will pick up where you left
> off when you turn it back on. But this is NOT the same as Pause. First
> of all, it is more wear and tear on the system than pause would be,
> and 2nd, it takes about 10 seconds longer than pause would take.


Well, perhaps it doesn't meet your standards, maybe it doesn't meet a
LOT of folks' standards. I have to ask though, was it advertised as
having a pause? It seems to me that were that such an important matter
to you, you'd have done your due diligence and checked it out. Again,
that's not a shot at you necessarily but you're obviously so worked up
about it that I feel my comment is valid. Shame on you, not on Honda.
It would be shame on Honda if you stood here telling one and all that
"I'll never buy a Honda since the boobs don't bother to put a pause
control on their CD player!"


> Maybe this sounds like nit-picking, and it is, but nevertheless it is
> a crappy design for a cd player. And that heat issue is something that
> is NOT nit-picking.


Maybe, maybe not. The CD's in my home stereo component system get hot.
The CD's in my Corvette's and Buick Park Avenue's CD players get hot.
The CD's in my mini-component stereo at the office get hot. The CD's
in my wife's Bose system at home get hot. Lastly, I have six CD's in
the changer in my '06 Accord that have been in there for at least six
months. Happens that I played a couple today while on a trip. No sign
of a problem. Neither has there been any sign of a problem with CD's in
any of the other players - static or mobile - mentioned above.

As a matter of fact, I think the ONLY CD player I've ever owned that
DIDN'T significantly raise the temperature of the CD's therein was a
Sony Discman I once owned - of course, that doesn't count the times it
was left in the sun out by the pool<g>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04 Feb 2007, 02:37 pm
D.K.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

On Jan 31, 9:53 pm, Unquestionably Confused <puzzl...@ameritech.net>
wrote:
> D.K. wrote:
>
> > Yes, this is true, if you turn it off, it will pick up where you left
> > off when you turn it back on. But this is NOT the same as Pause. First
> > of all, it is more wear and tear on the system than pause would be,
> > and 2nd, it takes about 10 seconds longer than pause would take.

>
> Well, perhaps it doesn't meet your standards, maybe it doesn't meet a
> LOT of folks' standards. I have to ask though, was it advertised as
> having a pause? It seems to me that were that such an important matter
> to you, you'd have done your due diligence and checked it out. Again,
> that's not a shot at you necessarily but you're obviously so worked up
> about it that I feel my comment is valid. Shame on you, not on Honda.
> It would be shame on Honda if you stood here telling one and all that
> "I'll never buy a Honda since the boobs don't bother to put a pause
> control on their CD player!"
>
> > Maybe this sounds like nit-picking, and it is, but nevertheless it is
> > a crappy design for a cd player. And that heat issue is something that
> > is NOT nit-picking.

>
> Maybe, maybe not. The CD's in my home stereo component system get hot.
> The CD's in my Corvette's and Buick Park Avenue's CD players get hot.
> The CD's in my mini-component stereo at the office get hot. The CD's
> in my wife's Bose system at home get hot. Lastly, I have six CD's in
> the changer in my '06 Accord that have been in there for at least six
> months. Happens that I played a couple today while on a trip. No sign
> of a problem. Neither has there been any sign of a problem with CD's in
> any of the other players - static or mobile - mentioned above.
>
> As a matter of fact, I think the ONLY CD player I've ever owned that
> DIDN'T significantly raise the temperature of the CD's therein was a
> Sony Discman I once owned - of course, that doesn't count the times it
> was left in the sun out by the pool<g>


I have owned many cd players in my day. I'm not talking about "hot",
I'm talking about OVERLY hot, hot that will probably end up damaging
the cd's and/or cd player.

I think the heat is from the heater, and somehow they have not
protected the cd player sufficiently from the heater.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 Feb 2007, 02:57 pm
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda (Civic?) LX pre-installed cd player

D.K. wrote:

> I think the heat is from the heater, and somehow they have not
> protected the cd player sufficiently from the heater.
>


--------------------------------

Ummmm, that's what I said. If it's a Civic, there's a TSB about the vent
falling apart and cooking the under-dash area.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11 Feb 2007, 09:44 pm
JS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Complaint about 2007 Honda (Civic?) LX pre-installed cd player

On Feb 4, 12:57 pm, motsco_ <mots...@interbaun.com> wrote:
> D.K. wrote:
> > I think the heat is from the heater, and somehow they have not
> > protected the cd player sufficiently from the heater.

>
> --------------------------------
>
> Ummmm, that's what I said. If it's a Civic, there's a TSB about the vent
> falling apart and cooking the under-dash area.
>
> 'Curly'


Yes, I am aware that you said that. The thing is, I'm doubtful it
could have fallen off already, it's only had about 60 miles on it when
I posted that. Meanwhile, what's a TSB? Is it really that hard to
write things out IOU OA*?

*Instead of Using Obscure acronyms
;-)

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP: Want To Fit Panasonic/Garmin DVD Player Sat Nav to 2007 HondaCR-V Gadgetguy Honda 2 0 27 Feb 2007 04:07 am
2007 Accord: Does CD Player do MP3's? Nobody Honda 2 1 28 Oct 2006 10:02 am
2007 Accord: Does CD Player do MP3's? Nobody Honda 3 1 28 Oct 2006 10:02 am
Replacing factory installed CD player Rahul Goyanka Honda 3 2 17 May 2004 04:53 am
Saab Complaint milt brewster Honda 2 71 17 Oct 2003 11:57 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.