Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jan 2007, 05:38 pm
mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default rebuilding d16z6

ok I got a question. I'm taking apart the engine and I have it on a
stand and where the thermastat mounts there is like a metal pipe that
runs in the the thermastat and obviously it is the coolant pipe, but my
question is how do I remove it. I want to remove everything from the
engine and clean it off and shine it up, but I can't get this metal
tube off and there if like a black canister on top the metal coolant
pipe that I can't remove either and I'm wonder how to remove those
parts???

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jan 2007, 07:39 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rebuilding d16z6

mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com wrote in news:1168472305.962256.262450@
77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

> ok I got a question. I'm taking apart the engine and I have it on a
> stand and where the thermastat mounts there is like a metal pipe that
> runs in the the thermastat and obviously it is the coolant pipe, but my
> question is how do I remove it. I want to remove everything from the
> engine and clean it off and shine it up, but I can't get this metal
> tube off and there if like a black canister on top the metal coolant
> pipe that I can't remove either and I'm wonder how to remove those
> parts???
>
>




Remove the thermostat housing. The pipe will pull off after that. When
replacing, change the two O-rings.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jan 2007, 01:44 pm
mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rebuilding d16z6


Tegger wrote:
> mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com wrote in news:1168472305.962256.262450@
> 77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:
>
> > ok I got a question. I'm taking apart the engine and I have it on a
> > stand and where the thermastat mounts there is like a metal pipe that
> > runs in the the thermastat and obviously it is the coolant pipe, but my
> > question is how do I remove it. I want to remove everything from the
> > engine and clean it off and shine it up, but I can't get this metal
> > tube off and there if like a black canister on top the metal coolant
> > pipe that I can't remove either and I'm wonder how to remove those
> > parts???
> >
> >

>
>
>
> Remove the thermostat housing. The pipe will pull off after that. When
> replacing, change the two O-rings.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/




Bu it is like metal pipe molded around the thermastat housing. and also
how do I removve the black canister.... do I just pull it off

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jan 2007, 09:04 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rebuilding d16z6

mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com wrote in
news:1168544668.628409.196260@i56g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com:


>
>
>
> Bu it is like metal pipe molded around the thermastat housing. and
> also how do I removve the black canister.... do I just pull it off
>




What year Civic is this engine in?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jan 2007, 10:51 am
mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rebuilding d16z6

I figured it out. all you actually do is pull it off. it was the actual
only way to remove the part anyway. I just didn't want to break
anything, but ya the metal line just pulled off and, so did the black
canister. Although they were a little tough to get off, they just
pulled off and the o-ring just sealed around them. Thanks for the info
tho.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jan 2007, 10:51 am
mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rebuilding d16z6

I figured it out. all you actually do is pull it off. it was the actual
only way to remove the part anyway. I just didn't want to break
anything, but ya the metal line just pulled off and, so did the black
canister. Although they were a little tough to get off, they just
pulled off and the o-ring just sealed around them. Thanks for the info
tho.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rebuilding a d16z6 mitsurugi3644@hotmail.com Honda 2 1 09 Jan 2007 08:52 pm
alternator rebuilding cd course for sale batteryman Honda 3 0 26 Sep 2004 06:36 pm
WILL BUY: TPS for 92-95 Civic D16Z6 eraser Honda 3 0 06 Nov 2003 09:11 pm
NEED a CRANK pulley 92-95 Civic EX D16Z6 dimmi Honda 3 4 11 Oct 2003 06:32 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.