Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 02:49 pm
z
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?

Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some figures
for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms on a 92
Civic EX sedan?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 04:13 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?

"z" <gzuckier@snail-mail.net> wrote in news:1168289377.675173.313600
@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some figures
> for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms on a 92
> Civic EX sedan?
>
>



The two on the compensator arm: 47 ft lbs each
The two that hold the big center bushing: 47 ft lbs each
Damper fork to lower arm: 40 ft lbs
Lower arm to hub: 40 ft lbs
Upper arm to trailing arm: 40 ft lbs
Upper arm to body: 29 ft lbs

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 04:18 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?

Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in news:Xns98B2AF1D729B4tegger@
207.14.116.130:

> "z" <gzuckier@snail-mail.net> wrote in news:1168289377.675173.313600
> @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some figures
>> for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms on a 92
>> Civic EX sedan?
>>
>>

>
>
> The two on the compensator arm: 47 ft lbs each
> The two that hold the big center bushing: 47 ft lbs each
> Damper fork to lower arm: 40 ft lbs
> Lower arm to hub: 40 ft lbs
> Upper arm to trailing arm: 40 ft lbs
> Upper arm to body: 29 ft lbs
>




One I missed:

Lower arm inner-end to body: 40 ft lbs.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jan 2007, 10:00 am
z
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?


Tegger wrote:
> Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in news:Xns98B2AF1D729B4tegger@
> 207.14.116.130:
>
> > "z" <gzuckier@snail-mail.net> wrote in news:1168289377.675173.313600
> > @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
> >
> >> Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some figures
> >> for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms on a 92
> >> Civic EX sedan?
> >>
> >>

> >
> >
> > The two on the compensator arm: 47 ft lbs each
> > The two that hold the big center bushing: 47 ft lbs each
> > Damper fork to lower arm: 40 ft lbs
> > Lower arm to hub: 40 ft lbs
> > Upper arm to trailing arm: 40 ft lbs
> > Upper arm to body: 29 ft lbs
> >

>
>
>
> One I missed:
>
> Lower arm inner-end to body: 40 ft lbs.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Thank you. That's not huge torques. I guess the potential removal
problem is from them freezing to the sleeves inside the bushings, no?
In which case, not having any bushings left might turn out to be a
blessing.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jan 2007, 02:37 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts?

"z" <gzuckier@snail-mail.net> wrote in
news:1168444841.486192.79940@77g2000hsv.googlegrou ps.com:

>
> Tegger wrote:
>> Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in news:Xns98B2AF1D729B4tegger@
>> 207.14.116.130:
>>
>> > "z" <gzuckier@snail-mail.net> wrote in
>> > news:1168289377.675173.313600 @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>> >
>> >> Can't find my service manual since I moved; anybody got some
>> >> figures for the torque on the bolts of the rear lower control arms
>> >> on a 92 Civic EX sedan?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > The two on the compensator arm: 47 ft lbs each
>> > The two that hold the big center bushing: 47 ft lbs each
>> > Damper fork to lower arm: 40 ft lbs
>> > Lower arm to hub: 40 ft lbs
>> > Upper arm to trailing arm: 40 ft lbs
>> > Upper arm to body: 29 ft lbs
>> >

>>
>>
>>
>> One I missed:
>>
>> Lower arm inner-end to body: 40 ft lbs.
>>

>
>
> Thank you. That's not huge torques. I guess the potential removal
> problem is from them freezing to the sleeves inside the bushings, no?




Yes.


> In which case, not having any bushings left might turn out to be a
> blessing.
>
>




The problem is the sleeves themselves, which you've still got. If the
bolt's rusted to the sleeve, you can't withdraw the bolt so the arm can
be dropped from the body.

A trick I discovered that works well: TIGHTEN the bolt before attempting
to loosen it. Tighten maybe 1/16 or 1/8 turn. This will clamp the sleeve
in place so the rust seal can be broken as the bolt is rotated. Work the
bolt back and forth 1/8 turn a few times to break up the rust. After
that the bolt should be able to be removed the normal way.



--
Tegger

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torque on civic lower rear arm bolts? z Honda 3 4 10 Jan 2007 02:37 pm
Fr. Lower Inbd Control Arm Bolts (91 Civic) Elle Honda 2 8 16 May 2006 11:32 pm
Fr. Lower Inbd Control Arm Bolts (91 Civic) Elle Honda 3 6 16 May 2006 11:32 pm
Torque specs for caliper bolts on front and rear discs? Thermus Honda 2 1 29 May 2005 12:11 am
Civic rear lower control arms Dave Honda 2 0 03 Apr 2004 11:38 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.