Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2007, 07:15 pm
!yoo!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help!

Headlight problem started about month ago with passenger side
out...closing hood would cause it to come on at first.

Replaced both headlight bulbs and passenger bulb filament was
bad...both headlights now worked.

About a week ago the drivers side went out...ck'd filament good
and swapped out bulb......no go..worked on this for hours
cleaning connectors wiring prongs in plug....no go.....

Plugged bulb in while out of socket touched ground no go....but,
after pulling on wires and plug bulb came on.

Replaced bulb in assy replaced rubber plugged in and again its
does not work.

My guesses or a broken wire bad connector somewhere...ground
etc..

Does anyone know the schematic on this vehicle where the plugs
and connectors are?

Its hard for me to believe a almost new car has a broken wire
or corrosion like you find on 20-30 year cars.

Any input on T/S or anyone had this problem?

Thanks for any help!

DT
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 10:44 am
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help!

!yoo! wrote:
> Headlight problem started about month ago with passenger side
> out...closing hood would cause it to come on at first.
>
> Replaced both headlight bulbs and passenger bulb filament was
> bad...both headlights now worked.
>
> About a week ago the drivers side went out...ck'd filament good
> and swapped out bulb......no go..worked on this for hours
> cleaning connectors wiring prongs in plug....no go.....
>
> Plugged bulb in while out of socket touched ground no go....but,
> after pulling on wires and plug bulb came on.
>
> Replaced bulb in assy replaced rubber plugged in and again its
> does not work.
>
> My guesses or a broken wire bad connector somewhere...ground
> etc..
>
> Does anyone know the schematic on this vehicle where the plugs
> and connectors are?
>
> Its hard for me to believe a almost new car has a broken wire
> or corrosion like you find on 20-30 year cars.
>
> Any input on T/S or anyone had this problem?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> DT


=======================================

On some Hondas there are little triangles on the plastic connector that
you're supposed to squeeze like hell to get the lamp to release. If you
don't know about that, and just twist and shout until it comes out,
you've loosened the metal part of the connector so it has no 'bite' on
the lamp's prong anymore. I had to pop the plastic connector apart,
clean out all the grease and carefully crush the brass (copper) parts
tighter and reassemble with new silicone grease. I drew a picture first
so I didn't mess up the wiring. It was a '95 Odyssey, but I'm know lots
of Hondas are similar.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 01:21 pm
!yoo!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help!

>!yoo! wrote:
>> Headlight problem started about month ago with passenger
>> side out...closing hood would cause it to come on at
>> first.
>>
>> Replaced both headlight bulbs and passenger bulb filament
>> was bad...both headlights now worked.
>>
>> About a week ago the drivers side went out...ck'd filament
>> good and swapped out bulb......no go..worked on this for
>> hours cleaning connectors wiring prongs in plug....no
>> go.....
>>
>> Plugged bulb in while out of socket touched ground no
>> go....but, after pulling on wires and plug bulb came on.
>>
>> Replaced bulb in assy replaced rubber plugged in and again
>> its does not work.
>>
>> My guesses or a broken wire bad connector
>> somewhere...ground etc..
>>
>> Does anyone know the schematic on this vehicle where the
>> plugs and connectors are?
>>
>> Its hard for me to believe a almost new car has a broken
>> wire or corrosion like you find on 20-30 year cars.
>>
>> Any input on T/S or anyone had this problem?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> DT

>
>=======================================
>
>On some Hondas there are little triangles on the plastic
>connector that you're supposed to squeeze like hell to get
>the lamp to release. If you don't know about that, and just
>twist and shout until it comes out, you've loosened the
>metal part of the connector so it has no 'bite' on the
>lamp's prong anymore. I had to pop the plastic connector
>apart, clean out all the grease and carefully crush the
>brass (copper) parts tighter and reassemble with new
>silicone grease. I drew a picture first so I didn't mess up
>the wiring. It was a '95 Odyssey, but I'm know lots of
>Hondas are similar.
>
>'Curly'
>


Thanks Curly....but this CR-V just has regular 3 prong
connectors on the bulb.

DT
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jan 2007, 09:30 am
motsco_
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help!

!yoo! wrote:
>> !yoo! wrote:
>>> Headlight problem started about month ago with passenger
>>> side out...closing hood would cause it to come on at
>>> first.
>>>
>>> Replaced both headlight bulbs and passenger bulb filament
>>> was bad...both headlights now worked.
>>>
>>> About a week ago the drivers side went out...ck'd filament
>>> good and swapped out bulb......no go..worked on this for
>>> hours cleaning connectors wiring prongs in plug....no
>>> go.....
>>>
>>> Plugged bulb in while out of socket touched ground no
>>> go....but, after pulling on wires and plug bulb came on.
>>>
>>> Replaced bulb in assy replaced rubber plugged in and again
>>> its does not work.
>>>
>>> My guesses or a broken wire bad connector
>>> somewhere...ground etc..
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the schematic on this vehicle where the
>>> plugs and connectors are?
>>>
>>> Its hard for me to believe a almost new car has a broken
>>> wire or corrosion like you find on 20-30 year cars.
>>>
>>> Any input on T/S or anyone had this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help!
>>>
>>> DT

>> =======================================
>>
>> On some Hondas there are little triangles on the plastic
>> connector that you're supposed to squeeze like hell to get
>> the lamp to release. If you don't know about that, and just
>> twist and shout until it comes out, you've loosened the
>> metal part of the connector so it has no 'bite' on the
>> lamp's prong anymore. I had to pop the plastic connector
>> apart, clean out all the grease and carefully crush the
>> brass (copper) parts tighter and reassemble with new
>> silicone grease. I drew a picture first so I didn't mess up
>> the wiring. It was a '95 Odyssey, but I'm know lots of
>> Hondas are similar.
>>
>> 'Curly'
>>

>
> Thanks Curly.... but this CR-V just has regular 3 prong
> connectors on the bulb.
>
> DT


===============================

Quote from '00 CR-V manual: "Remove the electrical connector from the
bulb by squeezing the connector on both sides to unlock the tab. Pull
the connector straight off" The Helms (service) manual doesn't mention
the squeezing part, but Helms assumes you're a Honda tech and should
have known that.

Maybe they changed the design after '01, but I doubt it. What does your
owner's manual say?

Look on the bright side . . You get a VW feature (headlight problems)
without having to buy a VW.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:41 pm
COH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help!


motsco_ wrote:
> !yoo! wrote:
> >> !yoo! wrote:
> >>> Headlight problem started about month ago with passenger
> >>> side out...closing hood would cause it to come on at
> >>> first.
> >>>
> >>> Replaced both headlight bulbs and passenger bulb filament
> >>> was bad...both headlights now worked.
> >>>
> >>> About a week ago the drivers side went out...ck'd filament
> >>> good and swapped out bulb......no go..worked on this for
> >>> hours cleaning connectors wiring prongs in plug....no
> >>> go.....
> >>>
> >>> Plugged bulb in while out of socket touched ground no
> >>> go....but, after pulling on wires and plug bulb came on.
> >>>
> >>> Replaced bulb in assy replaced rubber plugged in and again
> >>> its does not work.
> >>>
> >>> My guesses or a broken wire bad connector
> >>> somewhere...ground etc..
> >>>
> >>> Does anyone know the schematic on this vehicle where the
> >>> plugs and connectors are?
> >>>
> >>> Its hard for me to believe a almost new car has a broken
> >>> wire or corrosion like you find on 20-30 year cars.
> >>>
> >>> Any input on T/S or anyone had this problem?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks for any help!
> >>>
> >>> DT
> >> =======================================
> >>
> >> On some Hondas there are little triangles on the plastic
> >> connector that you're supposed to squeeze like hell to get
> >> the lamp to release. If you don't know about that, and just
> >> twist and shout until it comes out, you've loosened the
> >> metal part of the connector so it has no 'bite' on the
> >> lamp's prong anymore. I had to pop the plastic connector
> >> apart, clean out all the grease and carefully crush the
> >> brass (copper) parts tighter and reassemble with new
> >> silicone grease. I drew a picture first so I didn't mess up
> >> the wiring. It was a '95 Odyssey, but I'm know lots of
> >> Hondas are similar.
> >>
> >> 'Curly'
> >>

> >
> > Thanks Curly.... but this CR-V just has regular 3 prong
> > connectors on the bulb.
> >
> > DT

>
> ===============================
>
> Quote from '00 CR-V manual: "Remove the electrical connector from the
> bulb by squeezing the connector on both sides to unlock the tab. Pull
> the connector straight off" The Helms (service) manual doesn't mention
> the squeezing part, but Helms assumes you're a Honda tech and should
> have known that.
>
> Maybe they changed the design after '01, but I doubt it. What does your
> owner's manual say?
>
> Look on the bright side . . You get a VW feature (headlight problems)
> without having to buy a VW.
>
> 'Curly'


Thanks Curly, I've had a similar problem with the right high beam
headlamp on my 2002 civic (see my problem posting about four days ago).
I'll try that on mine as well.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 Honda CR-V EX headlight problem...help! !yoo! Honda 3 5 12 Jan 2007 06:56 am
2002 honda civic 4 door DX sedan - Right high-beam headlight intermittant problem COH Honda 2 0 08 Jan 2007 04:49 am
1987 HONDA Accord headlight problem lavigmj Honda 2 0 12 Jul 2005 10:39 am
1988 Honda Accord LXi headlight problem Michael O'Brien Honda 3 1 14 Dec 2003 10:33 pm
1988 honda accord lxi headlight problem Michael O'Brien Honda 2 3 14 Dec 2003 07:46 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.