Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jan 2007, 05:59 pm
amit.agarwal@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

Hi All,

I had a quick question regarding the maintenance schedule for my car.
It has 67K miles on it. I last got the 60K miles maintenance done a
year and half ago. I have getting the oil and filter change done
regularly every 3-4K miles. Do I need to get a 90K/6 year maintenance
done ? The owners manual recommends it.

Also since i did not get 75K/5years maintenance done. Do i need to add
replacement of the engine coolant done too.

thanks
Amit

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2007, 07:35 am
Gary
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

All depends how long you planning on keeping it.
You are coming up on the 7 year one(replaced timing belt and such)
should have a flush on the coolant, brakes and transmission, at least. That
one probably has
the questionable transmission.

Gary

<amit.agarwal@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1168127975.001176.89230@38g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I had a quick question regarding the maintenance schedule for my car.
> It has 67K miles on it. I last got the 60K miles maintenance done a
> year and half ago. I have getting the oil and filter change done
> regularly every 3-4K miles. Do I need to get a 90K/6 year maintenance
> done ? The owners manual recommends it.
>
> Also since i did not get 75K/5years maintenance done. Do i need to add
> replacement of the engine coolant done too.
>
> thanks
> Amit
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2007, 08:20 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

In article <1168127975.001176.89230@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
amit.agarwal@gmail.com wrote:

> I had a quick question regarding the maintenance schedule for my car.
> It has 67K miles on it. I last got the 60K miles maintenance done a
> year and half ago. I have getting the oil and filter change done
> regularly every 3-4K miles. Do I need to get a 90K/6 year maintenance
> done ? The owners manual recommends it.


Hondas of that vintage generally have 30K service intervals for the
engine, alternating minor/major. 60K was a major, 90K would be a minor
service.

In addition, things like brake fluid go on a 3 year timed schedule
rather than miles, and when does your manual tell you to change the
timing belt? It might be 90K, or it might be 105K. Either way, when
you do that, you'll get fresh coolant--and if you're smart, you'll have
them attend to other things in that area like water pump, drive belts,
and so on.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2007, 08:22 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

In article <-tqdnQ-fZ_mKaj3YnZ2dnUVZ_sCinZ2d@comcast.com>,
"Gary" <gecoffin@comcast.net> wrote:

> should have a flush on the coolant, brakes and transmission, at least.


If he also does the water pump, the timing belt service will take care
of the complete coolant drain and fill.

As for "flushing" anything, don't. Drain and replace, yes.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2007, 01:41 pm
amit.agarwal@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

The manual says the timing belt needs to be changed at 105K / 7 years.

What maintenance needs to be done based on and what needs to be done
based on the mileage.

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <1168127975.001176.89230@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
> amit.agarwal@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I had a quick question regarding the maintenance schedule for my car.
> > It has 67K miles on it. I last got the 60K miles maintenance done a
> > year and half ago. I have getting the oil and filter change done
> > regularly every 3-4K miles. Do I need to get a 90K/6 year maintenance
> > done ? The owners manual recommends it.

>
> Hondas of that vintage generally have 30K service intervals for the
> engine, alternating minor/major. 60K was a major, 90K would be a minor
> service.
>
> In addition, things like brake fluid go on a 3 year timed schedule
> rather than miles, and when does your manual tell you to change the
> timing belt? It might be 90K, or it might be 105K. Either way, when
> you do that, you'll get fresh coolant--and if you're smart, you'll have
> them attend to other things in that area like water pump, drive belts,
> and so on.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 12:12 am
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:35:06 -0500, Gary wrote:

> All depends how long you planning on keeping it.
> You are coming up on the 7 year one(replaced timing belt and such)
> should have a flush on the coolant, brakes and transmission, at least. That
> one probably has
> the questionable transmission.


You should NOT have a flush done on the tranny in your Honda.

Have each of those systems drained and refilled. The Tranny should be
drained a filled a few times.

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2007, 12:14 am
Joe LaVigne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:41:49 -0800, amit.agarwal wrote:

> The manual says the timing belt needs to be changed at 105K / 7 years.
>
> What maintenance needs to be done based on and what needs to be done
> based on the mileage.


All maintenance needs to be done on a first-come basis. You are
approaching 7 years, so the Timing belt should be done, regardless of
mileage.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maintenance Schedule for 2007 Accord JoeBacon@gmail.com Honda 3 3 27 Nov 2006 09:06 pm
2006 Accord maintenance schedule yirg Honda 2 11 24 Sep 2006 05:48 am
maintenance schedule VA_Tech_Hokies Honda 3 2 09 Dec 2004 07:59 am
2003 Honda Civic maintenance schedule Steve Mackie Honda 2 7 15 Feb 2004 10:33 am
Honda maintenance schedule Jude Barnes Honda 3 7 04 Dec 2003 11:14 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.