Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2006, 04:05 pm
hmurchison@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 1994 Honda Accord issue with Emissions

Long story made short my original engine blew up in my 1994 Accord over
the summer and so I had a 93 accord engine installed. The Throttle
Sensor caused the "Check Engine" light to come on and I promptly
failed my first emissions with

Cruise Emmisions- 2.16 %
Idle Emissions- 1.41 %

O2 is
4.02and 9.41 respectively

Is this Throttle Sensor causing my car to run rich? I can't find the
part number for this part either. My searches return Throttle Body and
MAP but I haven't a clue how to locate this part and how much it costs.
If you can help thank you very much I want to get the Honda up and
running healthy again.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2006, 06:15 pm
Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord issue with Emissions

TPS or throttle position sensor is not available separate from a throttle
body assembly in most if not all Hondas. That's why you find no listing.
Howard
<hmurchison@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1161032759.362727.202450@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Long story made short my original engine blew up in my 1994 Accord over
> the summer and so I had a 93 accord engine installed. The Throttle
> Sensor caused the "Check Engine" light to come on and I promptly
> failed my first emissions with
>
> Cruise Emmisions- 2.16 %
> Idle Emissions- 1.41 %
>
> O2 is
> 4.02and 9.41 respectively
>
> Is this Throttle Sensor causing my car to run rich? I can't find the
> part number for this part either. My searches return Throttle Body and
> MAP but I haven't a clue how to locate this part and how much it costs.
> If you can help thank you very much I want to get the Honda up and
> running healthy again.
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2006, 06:38 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord issue with Emissions

hmurchison@gmail.com wrote in news:1161032759.362727.202450
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Long story made short my original engine blew up in my 1994 Accord over
> the summer and so I had a 93 accord engine installed. The Throttle
> Sensor caused the "Check Engine" light to come on and I promptly
> failed my first emissions with
>
> Cruise Emmisions- 2.16 %
> Idle Emissions- 1.41 %
>
> O2 is
> 4.02and 9.41 respectively
>
> Is this Throttle Sensor causing my car to run rich? I can't find the
> part number for this part either. My searches return Throttle Body and
> MAP but I haven't a clue how to locate this part and how much it costs.
> If you can help thank you very much I want to get the Honda up and
> running healthy again.
>





WHAT GAS IS THIS? CO? They test at least THREE of them!

Please report ***ALL*** numbers, including the limits in your area. Don't
forget CO2!

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2006, 10:09 pm
hmurchison@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord issue with Emissions

Well what I have that has failed is

CO %

Cruise Limit= 1
Cruise Emissions- 2.16
Cruise Result- FAIL
Idle Limit- 1.2
Idle Emissions- 1.41
Idle Result- FAIL

HC (PPM) Passed
CO+CO2 % returned N/A
O2 % returned N/A
RPM returned N/A

You guys have been a great help. I've read through some of your help on
this topic. At first I thought it might be an EGR valve but my cars
running rich so it's probably elsewhere.




TeGGeR® wrote:
> hmurchison@gmail.com wrote in news:1161032759.362727.202450
> @i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Long story made short my original engine blew up in my 1994 Accord over
> > the summer and so I had a 93 accord engine installed. The Throttle
> > Sensor caused the "Check Engine" light to come on and I promptly
> > failed my first emissions with
> >
> > Cruise Emmisions- 2.16 %
> > Idle Emissions- 1.41 %
> >
> > O2 is
> > 4.02and 9.41 respectively
> >
> > Is this Throttle Sensor causing my car to run rich? I can't find the
> > part number for this part either. My searches return Throttle Body and
> > MAP but I haven't a clue how to locate this part and how much it costs.
> > If you can help thank you very much I want to get the Honda up and
> > running healthy again.
> >

>
>
>
>
> WHAT GAS IS THIS? CO? They test at least THREE of them!
>
> Please report ***ALL*** numbers, including the limits in your area. Don't
> forget CO2!
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2006, 10:16 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord issue with Emissions

hmurchison@gmail.com wrote in
news:1161054578.472489.256860@f16g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com:

> Well what I have that has failed is
>
> CO %
>
> Cruise Limit= 1
> Cruise Emissions- 2.16
> Cruise Result- FAIL
> Idle Limit- 1.2
> Idle Emissions- 1.41
> Idle Result- FAIL
>
> HC (PPM) Passed
> CO+CO2 % returned N/A
> O2 % returned N/A
> RPM returned N/A




**********ALL*********** your numbers. INCLUDING the "passed" ones.

What are the NOx numbers?
What are the HC numbers?


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
99 Honda Accord Issue Devils Advocate Honda 2 5 09 Jul 2007 10:20 am
2000 Honda Accord Heater Issue lewisawong@gmail.com Honda 3 3 04 Dec 2006 02:14 am
91 Honda failed emissions testy Honda 2 6 19 Mar 2005 03:37 pm
Honda 97 SE Accord some observations - funky emissions test port - bad window motor cribis Honda 2 2 06 Jan 2005 10:08 am
95 honda civic won't pass emissions snakeman Honda 3 13 23 Jul 2004 07:10 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.