Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2006, 02:41 pm
Headknocker via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first generation CRV yet?

Just wondering. I have 145,000 miles on my '98 V and I'm starting to worry
about the alternator stranding me in the middle of nowhere.

The alternator on my '88 Accord died at the 168,000 mile mark so I'm kinda
using that as a guideline.

Thanks.

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200610/1

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2006, 05:19 pm
L Alpert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first generation CRV yet?


"Headknocker via CarKB.com" <u18602@uwe> wrote in message
news:675f99f6121cc@uwe...
> Just wondering. I have 145,000 miles on my '98 V and I'm starting to worry
> about the alternator stranding me in the middle of nowhere.
>
> The alternator on my '88 Accord died at the 168,000 mile mark so I'm kinda
> using that as a guideline.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Message posted via CarKB.com
> http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200610/1
>


You could always carry a spare and a couple of wrenches and a flashlight.
Of course, once you do that, what about the fuel pump?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Oct 2006, 03:08 pm
duckbill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first genera

I think you would be smart to change the brushes or the alternator before
you get a failure. Of course if you're only taking relatively short trips
you could make it home on battery power. I changed the brushes on my
daughter's 95 civic at 150,000 miles without removing the alternator. One
of the brushes was at the min wear limit. That car currently has almost
198,000 miles.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2006, 05:57 pm
Headknocker via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first genera

duckbill wrote:
>I think you would be smart to change the brushes or the alternator before
>you get a failure. Of course if you're only taking relatively short trips
>you could make it home on battery power. I changed the brushes on my
>daughter's 95 civic at 150,000 miles without removing the alternator. One
>of the brushes was at the min wear limit. That car currently has almost
>198,000 miles.


Thanks. I was thinking the same thing...just replace the brushes.

I replaced the WP earlier in the year so I won't have that to worry about
for the forseeable future.

Thanks!

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200610/1

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Oct 2006, 07:59 am
Headknocker via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Has anyone had to replace the alternator on the first genera

Headknocker wrote:
>>I think you would be smart to change the brushes or the alternator before
>>you get a failure. Of course if you're only taking relatively short trips
>>you could make it home on battery power. I changed the brushes on my
>>daughter's 95 civic at 150,000 miles without removing the alternator. One
>>of the brushes was at the min wear limit. That car currently has almost
>>198,000 miles.

>
>Thanks. I was thinking the same thing...just replace the brushes.
>
>I replaced the WP earlier in the year so I won't have that to worry about
>for the forseeable future.
>
>Thanks!


Duh, I meant to say that I replaced the fuel pump earlier in the year I
replaced the WP a little over a year ago
during the timing belt job.

--
Message posted via http://www.carkb.com

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace Brushes or the Alternator Itself Tim Honda 2 4 26 Apr 2007 07:42 am
Replace Alternator to fix SRS light problem? Did I get took by the dealer?? MegaC Honda 2 2 30 Aug 2005 09:28 am
Replace Alternator to fix SRS light problem? Did I get took by the dealer?? MegaC Honda 3 1 29 Aug 2005 01:07 pm
Can amateur replace alternator on 98 accord? John Doe Honda 3 4 06 Mar 2004 01:13 pm
Remove/replace alternator in 91 Integra SHREDİ Acura 0 22 Jan 2004 11:46 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.