Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Sep 2006, 12:06 am
Roger Bentson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in
other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located
on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely
disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Sep 2006, 11:26 am
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

Roger Bentson wrote:
>
> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in
> other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located
> on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely
> disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>
> Roger



----------------------------------------

Did you try the rear outlet? Maybe it's shaped different inside.

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2006, 08:55 am
Woody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

You do know the power to the outlets is only there when the ignition is on
don't you. So nothing will charge with ignition off....


"Roger Bentson" <rogerufo@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:Y5SdnaKSl7ogXYnYnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@adelphia.com ...
> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in other
> cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located on the
> front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely disappointing.
> Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>
> Roger



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2006, 10:02 pm
HammerToe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:26:29 -0600, "'Curly Q. Links'"
<motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:

>Roger Bentson wrote:
>>
>> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
>> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
>> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in
>> other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located
>> on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely
>> disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>>
>> Roger

>
>
>----------------------------------------
>
>Did you try the rear outlet? Maybe it's shaped different inside.
>
>'Curly'


In case you might not be aware - those 12v are 'switched'. They are
only live with ignition 'on' (access pos. or engine running).
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2006, 06:46 pm
Roger Bentson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

HammerToe wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:26:29 -0600, "'Curly Q. Links'"
> <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote:
>
>> Roger Bentson wrote:
>>> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
>>> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
>>> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in
>>> other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located
>>> on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely
>>> disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>>>
>>> Roger

>>
>> ----------------------------------------
>>
>> Did you try the rear outlet? Maybe it's shaped different inside.
>>
>> 'Curly'

>
> In case you might not be aware - those 12v are 'switched'. They are
> only live with ignition 'on' (access pos. or engine running).


I will check that out later. The car is actually my wife's, and she is
out somewhere at the moment. Although, when I have been in the car with
her, she has been trying to charge while driving, and not with the
engine turned off.

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2006, 06:49 pm
Roger Bentson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

Woody wrote:
> You do know the power to the outlets is only there when the ignition is on
> don't you. So nothing will charge with ignition off....
>
>
> "Roger Bentson" <rogerufo@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:Y5SdnaKSl7ogXYnYnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@adelphia.com ...
>> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
>> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
>> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in other
>> cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located on the
>> front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely disappointing.
>> Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>>
>> Roger

>
>


This is my wife's car, and when I have been with her in the car, she
cannot charge the phone or laptop while driving. And yet her PDA
charges just fine.

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2006, 06:51 pm
Roger Bentson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 Odyssey and phone charger

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> Roger Bentson wrote:
>> For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop
>> charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is
>> the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in
>> other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located
>> on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely
>> disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?
>>
>> Roger

>
>
> ----------------------------------------
>
> Did you try the rear outlet? Maybe it's shaped different inside.
>
> 'Curly'


Haven't tried the rear outlet yet, but that really takes away from the
convenience of being able to charge from the front outlets. Especially,
when you can charge two items at once.

Roger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correction: I am looking for a dealer to sell me a 2006 MDX at invoice, all options (email me with phone) NT akhileshb@hotmail.com Acura 2 07 May 2006 07:08 pm
SUPER TURBO CHARGER kimrom02 Acura 0 23 Aug 2005 05:18 am
Super Charger or Turbor Charger Jamco Honda 2 4 04 Dec 2004 02:32 pm
Splar Battery Charger DavidB Honda 3 2 18 Aug 2004 09:18 pm
Cellphone charger Star Carol Honda 2 6 18 May 2004 09:43 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.