Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2006, 07:43 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Still no Fit

I've been waiting for almost two months. So it goes, or doesn't go.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2006, 08:08 am
RickaTTic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

I'd buy a Chevy Aveo instead. No wait and great cars a lot like the Fit
and way less costly.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:43:08 -0400, dgk <dgk@somewhere.com> wrote:

> I've been waiting for almost two months. So it goes, or doesn't go.




--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2006, 10:43 am
Body Roll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit


RickaTTic wrote:
> I'd buy a Chevy Aveo instead. No wait and great cars a lot like the Fit
> and way less costly.
>

You're joking, right?
You did read the reviews and remember the comments about the shifter on
that Daewoo, no?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:36 pm
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

On 14 Sep 2006 08:43:53 -0700, "Body Roll" <aglyport@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>RickaTTic wrote:
>> I'd buy a Chevy Aveo instead. No wait and great cars a lot like the Fit
>> and way less costly.
>>

>You're joking, right?
>You did read the reviews and remember the comments about the shifter on
>that Daewoo, no?


The reviews actually seemed ok, but it isn't a Fit which is why
they're so hard to get. Once you add in the various options to bring
it near the Fit Sports level, it isn't really much cheaper. A thousand
or two. And I know how reliable Hondas are. Plus I really like the way
the seats fold.

If I can't get it I'll just put some money into my 91 Accord and wait
another year.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2006, 10:00 pm
High Tech Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

RickaTTic wrote:

> I'd buy a Chevy Aveo instead. No wait and great cars a lot like the Fit
> and way less costly.


Are you serious?!!

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. In the case of the Aveo,
with the low price comes low quality. It is a Daewoo-built crapbox that
gets gas mileage that's on par with my '93 Accord.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2006, 06:25 am
RickaTTic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

yes I am serious..we have one (Aveo) and it is great. 35 mpg and runs
strong and is cheap to own. You think the Hondas are better well then wait
for the Fit.
I have a 2001 CRV that is full of problems the dealers cant remedy and
when they do repairs it costs a fortune. I used to think the Japanese cars
were good but not anymore because most of the parts on american cars are
Japanese anyway and Korean parts are known for quality as well. My point
is that there are good alternatives and since its the 1st year for the Fit
you may be better off waiting till the bugs are fixed in a few years. I am
only trying to be helpful since you were complaining about the long wait
for the Fit. Buying a new car style or model in its 1st or 2nd year of
production is an expensive idea and time consuming as well.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:00:58 -0400, High Tech Misfit <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

> RickaTTic wrote:
>
>> I'd buy a Chevy Aveo instead. No wait and great cars a lot like the Fit
>> and way less costly.

>
> Are you serious?!!
>
> As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. In the case of the
> Aveo,
> with the low price comes low quality. It is a Daewoo-built crapbox that
> gets gas mileage that's on par with my '93 Accord.




--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:25 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:25:37 -0400, RickaTTic <rickattic@comcast.net>
wrote:

>yes I am serious..we have one (Aveo) and it is great. 35 mpg and runs
>strong and is cheap to own. You think the Hondas are better well then wait
>for the Fit.
>I have a 2001 CRV that is full of problems the dealers cant remedy and
>when they do repairs it costs a fortune. I used to think the Japanese cars
>were good but not anymore because most of the parts on american cars are
>Japanese anyway and Korean parts are known for quality as well. My point
>is that there are good alternatives and since its the 1st year for the Fit
>you may be better off waiting till the bugs are fixed in a few years. I am
>only trying to be helpful since you were complaining about the long wait
>for the Fit. Buying a new car style or model in its 1st or 2nd year of
>production is an expensive idea and time consuming as well.
>


But the Fit is just a retooled Jazz which has been sold in Europe for
years. I'm not worried about first year problems with it.

I am seriously thinking about just canceling the order and putting a
few thousand into my 91 Accord and keeping it for another two years.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:51 am
High Tech Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

RickaTTic wrote:

> yes I am serious..we have one (Aveo) and it is great. 35 mpg and runs
> strong and is cheap to own. You think the Hondas are better well then wait
> for the Fit.


If that 35mpg is highway driving, then yes, that is a joke. My '93 Accord,
a heavier car with an automatic, got 33mpg on the last few highway trips I
took with it. The Fit, along with the Civic and the Toyota Corolla and
Yaris, can get upwards of 40mpg if not more.


> I have a 2001 CRV that is full of problems the dealers cant remedy and
> when they do repairs it costs a fortune.


You either got a rare lemon, or your dealer was incompetent.


> I used to think the Japanese cars
> were good but not anymore because most of the parts on american cars are
> Japanese anyway and Korean parts are known for quality as well. My point
> is that there are good alternatives and since its the 1st year for the Fit
> you may be better off waiting till the bugs are fixed in a few years.


Actually, the Fit has been around for about 5 years in other countries
(known as the Jazz in some places) and has proven to be just as reliable as
most other Hondas. The Aveo is built by Daewoo, a Korean company who
products, unlike Hyundai for example, are not of the high Korean quality you
speak of. If you haven't had any problems with your Aveo yet, you can
consider yourself lucky for the moment.


> I am
> only trying to be helpful since you were complaining about the long wait
> for the Fit. Buying a new car style or model in its 1st or 2nd year of
> production is an expensive idea and time consuming as well.


I wasn't complaining about the long wait; the only Honda dealer in my area
has about 4 of them on the lot. Somebody else was lamenting about it. But
like I said above, the Fit (Jazz) has been around longer elsewhere and has
been reliable as expected.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2006, 08:00 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

In article <6oailtpapnu3$.dlg@hightech.misfit>,
High Tech Misfit <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> > yes I am serious..we have one (Aveo) and it is great. 35 mpg and runs
> > strong and is cheap to own. You think the Hondas are better well then wait
> > for the Fit.

>
> If that 35mpg is highway driving, then yes, that is a joke. My '93 Accord,
> a heavier car with an automatic, got 33mpg on the last few highway trips I
> took with it.


Shoot, my 2000 Accord got 35mpg--in the middle of summer, on the freeway
through mountainous terrain (US 68 through WV/MD).

Buy a 4 cylinder, manual transmission Accord and get Fit-type mileage
with a nicer car.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2006, 11:33 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Still no Fit

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:00:22 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <6oailtpapnu3$.dlg@hightech.misfit>,
> High Tech Misfit <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> > yes I am serious..we have one (Aveo) and it is great. 35 mpg and runs
>> > strong and is cheap to own. You think the Hondas are better well then wait
>> > for the Fit.

>>
>> If that 35mpg is highway driving, then yes, that is a joke. My '93 Accord,
>> a heavier car with an automatic, got 33mpg on the last few highway trips I
>> took with it.

>
>Shoot, my 2000 Accord got 35mpg--in the middle of summer, on the freeway
>through mountainous terrain (US 68 through WV/MD).
>
>Buy a 4 cylinder, manual transmission Accord and get Fit-type mileage
>with a nicer car.


I don't think I can get an Accord anywhere near the price of the Fit,
but the manual transmission is a killer. I love them, in fact my
Accord is the first car I ever got with AT, but neither my Significant
Other, nor any of my friends, can drive MT and that's a problem.

About seven years ago I broke an ankle at a convention and only one
girl out of fifty something people could drive my car. That's why I
got the Accord with AT. Besides that, almost all my driving is in New
York City and MT is a pain in that kind of driving.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.