Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:20 pm
Lynn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default blower motor on 97 civic EX

When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd,
something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The
thumping noise gets faster as you speed up the A/C fan. Is her blower
motor dying ?

Uh, this bad boy is not cheap:
http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...talogId=13S020

How easy is it to drop the blower assembly and check it out ?

We just put a new clutch cnd rebuilt the gearbox bearings in this car. I'm
afraid I'm not real anxious to drop another $500+ on it.

Thanks,
Lynn


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:27 pm
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blower motor on 97 civic EX

sounds like it may be. there could be something caught in it to. check
behind the glove compartment door i think and see if something may be in the
fan.


-jeff
"Lynn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:12fclbn2lo48q00@corp.supernews.com...
> When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd,
> something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The
> thumping noise gets faster as you speed up the A/C fan. Is her blower
> motor dying ?
>
> Uh, this bad boy is not cheap:
>
> http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...talogId=13S020
>
> How easy is it to drop the blower assembly and check it out ?
>
> We just put a new clutch cnd rebuilt the gearbox bearings in this car.
> I'm
> afraid I'm not real anxious to drop another $500+ on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 Aug 2006, 08:18 am
loewent via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blower motor on 97 civic EX

Super easy, 3 screws and it drops to the floor.

You can get a blower motor from a wrecker for way cheaper than that. Call
around, see what you can find.

t

Lynn wrote:
>When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd,
>something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The
>thumping noise gets faster as you speed up the A/C fan. Is her blower
>motor dying ?
>
>Uh, this bad boy is not cheap:
> http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...talogId=13S020
>
>How easy is it to drop the blower assembly and check it out ?
>
>We just put a new clutch cnd rebuilt the gearbox bearings in this car. I'm
>afraid I'm not real anxious to drop another $500+ on it.
>
>Thanks,
>Lynn


--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200608/1

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31 Aug 2006, 08:21 am
loewent via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blower motor on 97 civic EX

PS, I usually drop if at least once a year. This car doesn't have a cabin
air filter, so I often get leaves and other shit in the blower. Starts
clicking at certain speeds. Really annoying.

t

loewent wrote:
>Super easy, 3 screws and it drops to the floor.
>
>You can get a blower motor from a wrecker for way cheaper than that. Call
>around, see what you can find.
>
>t
>
>>When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd,
>>something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The

>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>Thanks,
>>Lynn


--
Message posted via http://www.carkb.com

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:52 am
Lynn McGuire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: blower motor on 97 civic EX

> PS, I usually drop if at least once a year. This car doesn't have a cabin
> air filter, so I often get leaves and other shit in the blower. Starts
> clicking at certain speeds. Really annoying.


I'll drop it tonight. She told me at 10 pm last night ...

Lynn


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRX blower motor/resistor Meathead Honda 3 9 30 May 2007 05:57 am
Integra blower motor BCLedfoot Acura 3 05 Dec 2005 10:45 am
Blower Motor Harry Honda 3 2 07 Dec 2003 08:52 am
'99 Civic CX Blower motor installation tips Bhaskar Honda 2 1 21 Nov 2003 11:43 am
'99 Civic CX Blower motor installation tips Bhaskar Honda 3 1 21 Nov 2003 11:43 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.