Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 Aug 2006, 10:46 am
seitz235
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
alternatives?
I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Aug 2006, 01:43 pm
Art
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

Is it a 2006? They all suck.


"seitz235" <tjezolt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1156780005.091073.66690@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
>I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
> the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
> alternatives?
> I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
> satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Aug 2006, 05:40 pm
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

seitz235 wrote:
> I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
> the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
> alternatives?
> I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
> satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235
>

Sirrius
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Aug 2006, 01:16 pm
cdn_icecube@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Odyssey poor radio reception


N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:
> seitz235 wrote:
> > I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
> > the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
> > alternatives?
> > I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
> > satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235
> >

> Sirrius


I have found that many, if not most, Honda and Acura models with
integrated antennas in the windshield (front or rear) have poor, or
below average receptions. It is not in all areas, surprisingly, and
there are some exceptions, but this is what I have experienced. Acura
told me that there is a TBS on some models (not sure if the Ody is on
it) but there is nothing to do. (i.e. acura/honda will not help)

I have tried everything from trying out 4 different head units, to an
FM booster and the only thing that helped me was installing a "roof
mounted" antenna. I am now the only RSX with a "roof mounted antenna".
Yes, I stick out like a sore thumb, but I have clear reception!

Cheers

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30 Aug 2006, 09:20 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

cdn_icecube@hotmail.com wrote in news:1156875364.468950.34490
@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

>
> N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:
>> seitz235 wrote:
>> > I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
>> > the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
>> > alternatives?
>> > I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
>> > satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235
>> >

>> Sirrius

>
> I have found that many, if not most, Honda and Acura models with
> integrated antennas in the windshield (front or rear) have poor, or
> below average receptions.




This is not new. My 1974 Mazda RX-4 had an embedded antenna wire in the
windshield and it was crappy too.



--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2006, 10:15 am
James D. Howard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

Art <begunaNOSPAMPLEASE@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Is it a 2006? They all suck.
>
> "seitz235" <tjezolt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1156780005.091073.66690@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
>>I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at
>> the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my
>> alternatives?
>> I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
>> satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235



The application of metallic window tinting film to the windows will
cause this problem. The best reception will be achieved with an
external antenna.


---
James D. Howard
jdhoward@helps.com

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
91 Accord: Poor Radio Reception termiflyer Honda 3 0 30 Dec 2005 10:34 pm
'05 Accord EX - Poor FM reception I'm_a_dreamer Honda 3 17 08 Apr 2005 11:06 am
Poor radio reception Sid Honda 3 2 24 Mar 2005 08:19 am
2001 Civic Antenna - Poor Radio Reception pokemonn2@hotmail.com Honda 3 3 09 Mar 2005 01:59 am
1997 Civic Poor Radio Reception Bubba Honda 3 1 28 Feb 2004 03:45 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.