Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 02:00 pm
noelbati617 via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX AT?

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200608/1

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 08:51 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

"noelbati617 via CarKB.com" <u25409@uwe> wrote in
news:64f72b8312203@uwe:

> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX
> AT?
>


Shouldn't the chip come with instructions,or have them posted on their
website? Chip changes alone are a waste of money,anyways.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 09:50 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "noelbati617 via CarKB.com" <u25409@uwe> wrote in
> news:64f72b8312203@uwe:
>
>> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX
>> AT?
>>

>
> Shouldn't the chip come with instructions,or have them posted on their
> website? Chip changes alone are a waste of money,anyways.
>

so true.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 10:09 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

noelbati617 via CarKB.com wrote:
> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX AT?
>


read the chipping web sites *very* carefully - unless i'm missing
something, none of the chipping mods i've looked at are set up for
automatics. you could therefore be spending a bunch of cash and
screwing up your car. going faster is a hardware solution, not software.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 10:37 pm
TeGGeR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
news:kqedncg6Rfny4XvZnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> "noelbati617 via CarKB.com" <u25409@uwe> wrote in
>> news:64f72b8312203@uwe:
>>
>>> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX
>>> AT?
>>>

>>
>> Shouldn't the chip come with instructions,or have them posted on their
>> website? Chip changes alone are a waste of money,anyways.
>>

> so true.




This sounds like the old non-emissions carb days.

At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75 Corolla
for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after I discovered
that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would need to change the
intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and downstream exhaust system
to take advantage of the awesome power of those iconic Webers.

Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would expect
any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...

--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 10:47 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
news:t7GdnXhjOs52HXvZnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> noelbati617 via CarKB.com wrote:
>> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic
>> EX AT?
>>

>
> read the chipping web sites *very* carefully - unless i'm missing
> something, none of the chipping mods i've looked at are set up for
> automatics. you could therefore be spending a bunch of cash and
> screwing up your car. going faster is a hardware solution, not
> software.
>


generally,changing the program without hardware mods screws up
drivability;like when it gets cold outside.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2006, 10:48 pm
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

"TeGGeR�������������� �������" wrote:
> jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
> news:kqedncg6Rfny4XvZnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:
>
>> Jim Yanik wrote:
>>> "noelbati617 via CarKB.com" <u25409@uwe> wrote in
>>> news:64f72b8312203@uwe:
>>>
>>>> can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX
>>>> AT?
>>>>
>>> Shouldn't the chip come with instructions,or have them posted on their
>>> website? Chip changes alone are a waste of money,anyways.
>>>

>> so true.

>
>
>
> This sounds like the old non-emissions carb days.
>
> At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75 Corolla
> for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after I discovered
> that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would need to change the
> intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and downstream exhaust system
> to take advantage of the awesome power of those iconic Webers.
>
> Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would expect
> any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...
>

go buy beer instead?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 19 Aug 2006, 08:29 am
TeGGeR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
news:9Zidne3hrb1iFHvZnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:

> "TeGGeR�������������� ������
> " wrote:


>>
>> At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75
>> Corolla for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after
>> I discovered that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would
>> need to change the intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and
>> downstream exhaust system to take advantage of the awesome power of
>> those iconic Webers.
>>
>> Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would
>> expect any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...
>>

> go buy beer instead?
>




Nah, I just installed the loud exhaust.

--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19 Aug 2006, 11:00 am
Grumpy AuContraire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT



"TeGGeR" wrote:
>
> jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
> news:9Zidne3hrb1iFHvZnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:
>
> > "TeGGeR************** *******
> > *" wrote:

>
> >>
> >> At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75
> >> Corolla for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after
> >> I discovered that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would
> >> need to change the intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and
> >> downstream exhaust system to take advantage of the awesome power of
> >> those iconic Webers.
> >>
> >> Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would
> >> expect any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...
> >>

> > go buy beer instead?
> >

>
> Nah, I just installed the loud exhaust.
>
>



Ahhhhhh... The prowess of youth!

Did exactly that on a '54 Mercury that had an engine with poor
compression and a six volt system was just not enough to get it started
in Winter. Had the family mechanic overhaul it (rings, bearings and
valve job) and what a difference! Only thing is that that era of F*rds
had a design flaw in the distributor where the ground wire sever.
Damned thing failed twice on cold nights where I had to walk home...

JT
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 19 Aug 2006, 05:16 pm
dbltap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT


"TeGGeR" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns982460B81C4D3tegger@207.14.116.130...
> jim beam <nospam@example.net> wrote in
> news:9Zidne3hrb1iFHvZnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@speakeasy.ne t:
>
>> "TeGGeR�������������� ������
>> " wrote:

>
>>>
>>> At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75
>>> Corolla for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after
>>> I discovered that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would
>>> need to change the intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and
>>> downstream exhaust system to take advantage of the awesome power of
>>> those iconic Webers.
>>>
>>> Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would
>>> expect any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...
>>>

>> go buy beer instead?

> Nah, I just installed the loud exhaust.
> TeGGeR The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


What? You did not go into the bathroom with a Playboy magazine ?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20+ Horsepower Increase for your Honda. RaceMOD Performance chip only $29.99 RaceMOD Honda 2 5 21 Aug 2005 11:53 am
20+ Horsepower Increase for your Acura. RaceMOD Performance chip only $29.99 RaceMOD Acura 0 14 Aug 2005 10:07 am
Civic horsepower sucks hunkman7@excite.com Honda 2 11 15 Mar 2005 10:32 pm
Honda civic HP speed chip? Jason Honda 3 1 17 Sep 2004 03:26 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.