Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2011, 02:28 pm
mopa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure CircuitRange/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

Hi Everyone.

My Honda 2003 Honda Accord Coupe 4 cyl is giving me the P2227 code for
the Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance, I am not sure
exactly what is wrong. I have been driving it like this now for 2
weeks, it drives fine and I have not noticed any issues with the
acceleration, so it has nothing to do with the TPS, as that was
replaced about two months ago.

Does anyone know what might be giving me this code? and if so, what
should I buy and replace? and where would I locate the problem under
the hood?

Thank you very much!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2011, 08:00 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

mopa <buttakid@gmail.com> wrote in news:d6658505-6cf8-48e9-a993-
703f90a032d7@q15g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:

> Hi Everyone.
>
> My Honda 2003 Honda Accord Coupe 4 cyl is giving me the P2227 code for
> the Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance, I am not sure
> exactly what is wrong. I have been driving it like this now for 2
> weeks, it drives fine and I have not noticed any issues with the
> acceleration, so it has nothing to do with the TPS, as that was
> replaced about two months ago.
>
> Does anyone know what might be giving me this code? and if so, what
> should I buy and replace? and where would I locate the problem under
> the hood?
>
> Thank you very much!!!




Have your dealer look up "Honda Service News" issue August 2008. It turns
out the P2227 has to do with more than just the TPS, and that issue
outlines all of that on page 4.

Apparently some other models and years can generate this error if the air
intake is partially-clogged with leaves or other debris, so check carefully
for that (and that means the ENTIRE tract, not just where it goes into the
throttle body).

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2011, 08:42 pm
mopa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure CircuitRange/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

Thank you Tegger, you are one person I can always count on this board.
You are always here to help people, thank you!!!

I'll take apart my intake and see if anything is in there. Do you
think it would be possible to be one of the sensor that goes from the
TPS and plugs into the intake?

I have an AEM Cold Air Intake System. The filter is just something
that I normally clean out with the water hose as it is very, very
durable. Are those things that should just be replaced? or is just
cleaning them out with a water hose suitable?

Pictures from my hood:
http://mopa.net/intake1.jpg
http://mopa.net/intake2.jpg

Thanks Tegger!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

mopa <buttakid@gmail.com> wrote in news:5f587418-93ac-4a5f-bd9f-
fc76c20084c8@12g2000yqr.googlegroups.com:

> Thank you Tegger, you are one person I can always count on this board.
> You are always here to help people, thank you!!!
>
> I'll take apart my intake and see if anything is in there. Do you
> think it would be possible to be one of the sensor that goes from the
> TPS and plugs into the intake?
>
> I have an AEM Cold Air Intake System. The filter is just something
> that I normally clean out with the water hose as it is very, very
> durable. Are those things that should just be replaced? or is just
> cleaning them out with a water hose suitable?
>
> Pictures from my hood:
> http://mopa.net/intake1.jpg
> http://mopa.net/intake2.jpg
>
> Thanks Tegger!
>




You're not going to like this, but you need to get that thing off your
engine:
1) it's not buying you a single new horsepower;
2) it just may be causing your P2227.

Those "cold air" intakes are the worst thing for an OBD-II-controlled
engine. The people who run the companies that make them should receive a
hard swift kick in the ass.

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm
mopa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure CircuitRange/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

Do you think if I replaced it, it would be okay?

I had this car for 6 years. When I purchased it, it came with it. What
makes no sense to me is since it has been on there so long, why would
it give me problems all of a sudden?

It would probably be best to get a OEM from a junk yard, I would
assume.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Aug 2011, 07:19 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

mopa <buttakid@gmail.com> wrote in news:ba20a311-57a1-4c3d-ae75-
5588e737b596@v12g2000vby.googlegroups.com:

> Do you think if I replaced it, it would be okay?



Maybe. Right now it's the most logival thing to do.


>
> I had this car for 6 years. When I purchased it, it came with it. What
> makes no sense to me is since it has been on there so long, why would
> it give me problems all of a sudden?




No idea. It's possible the system was marginal all along, and only went
out-of-range recently.

It's even possible the BARO sensor itself is bad, having been fouled by the
dirt allowed in by the aftermarket intake.

I've been searching without success for information on the OBD-II routine
Honda uses for the P2227 test.


>
> It would probably be best to get a OEM from a junk yard, I would
> assume.





That's correct. And it's the cheapest possible source for both the intake
tract and the BARO sensor.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can I do to improve my 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4's performance? Stephen C Honda Technical 4 19 May 2010 07:16 pm
Do high pressure performance radiator caps really make a positive difference in a car? TX2000 Honda Technical 2 02 Sep 2009 02:01 pm
What wrong with my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX remote? PJ Honda Technical 4 16 Jan 2008 11:46 am
Best inexpensive upgrades for 99 Accord 3.0 V6 coupe for performance AND mileage? Rock W Honda Technical 5 27 Sep 2007 01:10 pm
Performance #'s for 2004 Accord V-6 6 speed coupe tony kujawa Honda 2 2 02 Nov 2004 01:41 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.