Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2006, 01:06 am
John Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Message response

This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
an "Re:" subject.

In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
follow.

John

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jul 2006, 09:03 pm
Grahame
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

The same reason they don't use spell check I guess.

John Smith wrote:
> This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
> group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
> the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
> an "Re:" subject.
>
> In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
> maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
> the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
> follow.
>
> John


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2006, 02:22 pm
Matt Ion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

John Smith wrote:
> This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
> group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
> the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
> an "Re:" subject.
>
> In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
> maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
> the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
> follow.


Not everyone's newsreader supports proper threading. Some newsservers may not
either. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2006, 02:38 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

In article <44C311D4.9B6BCE1A@aol.com>, John Smith <jsmith@aol.com>
wrote:

> This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
> group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
> the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
> an "Re:" subject.
>
> In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
> maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
> the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
> follow.


Your newsreader may be configured to show everything "flat" instead of
threaded. check your preferences.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2006, 11:44 pm
John Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

Sorry, 4 other news groups all show up threaded. Matt's reply makes sense
though.
John

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

> In article <44C311D4.9B6BCE1A@aol.com>, John Smith <jsmith@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
> > group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
> > the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
> > an "Re:" subject.
> >
> > In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
> > maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
> > the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
> > follow.

>
> Your newsreader may be configured to show everything "flat" instead of
> threaded. check your preferences.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2006, 11:46 pm
John Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

Matt,
let's not get testy. In my sheltered experience with news readers they have always
shown up threaded so I assumed that was the norm. TX 4 the education.
John

Matt Ion wrote:

> John Smith wrote:
> > This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
> > group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
> > the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
> > an "Re:" subject.
> >
> > In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
> > maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
> > the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
> > follow.

>
> Not everyone's newsreader supports proper threading. Some newsservers may not
> either. Deal with it.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2006, 01:05 am
Matt Ion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response

One newsgroup I'm on is moderated and requires an email address be registered
with the moderation software before posts will be automatically accepted to the
group, or they must be hand-moderated. They can also be posted by emailing a
post to the moderation bot, if they're not being accepted normally. If done
that way, the threading is immediately broken as well.

There are tons of reasons threads can break, be split up, etc., most simply due
to differences or limitations in the technology.

John Smith wrote:
> Matt,
> let's not get testy. In my sheltered experience with news readers they have always
> shown up threaded so I assumed that was the norm. TX 4 the education.
> John
>
> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>
>>John Smith wrote:
>>
>>>This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
>>>group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
>>>the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
>>>an "Re:" subject.
>>>
>>>In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
>>>maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
>>>the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
>>>follow.

>>
>>Not everyone's newsreader supports proper threading. Some newsservers may not
>>either. Deal with it.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:26 am
nblomgren
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Message response


I'm seeing them threaded.

--Nan

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:44:17 -0700, John Smith <jsmith@aol.com> wrote:

>Sorry, 4 other news groups all show up threaded. Matt's reply makes sense
>though.
>John
>
>"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:
>
>> In article <44C311D4.9B6BCE1A@aol.com>, John Smith <jsmith@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news
>> > group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for
>> > the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
>> > an "Re:" subject.
>> >
>> > In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and
>> > maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down
>> > the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to
>> > follow.

>>
>> Your newsreader may be configured to show everything "flat" instead of
>> threaded. check your preferences.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civic '92 throttle response delay, bad idle Kerozin Honda 3 19 13 Apr 2007 01:40 pm
response to my oil light catbrim Honda 3 2 27 Dec 2005 11:10 pm
CRV fires and Honda support response Andre Honda 3 24 06 Aug 2004 01:37 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.